PDA

View Full Version : Weiberg over the NBA?

boomersooner82
1/30/2007, 02:31 PM
It looks like L2 isn't the only one getting shafted for playing tough. Not even the mighty Kobe is safe from the castration of sports today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748084

I love Jackson's quote:

"I have been a little disappointed with how Kobe has been treated as a premier player," Jackson said.

At least we're up front about the fact that refs officiate differently around star players.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2007, 03:35 PM
Kobe has been doing that for years. He uses that elbow like a weapon for anyone that tries to defend him too closely. It is a huge part of why he is always able to get off a good shot no matter who is guarding him.

It is strange that they would wait until now to call him out on it. But I do find it funny for him to say it was an unintentional elbow.

OUSKINS
1/30/2007, 05:28 PM
Define "intentional." I don't think Kobe had the intent of injury Manu--or even nailing him. But yeah, he DID swing his elbow on purpose. L2 did the same thing-- he swung his elbow-- did he not MEAN to swing his elbow? Is he not in control of his motor functions?

That's the deal w/ elbows-- everbody "intends" to swing them-- it's just a matter of some occasionally landing on someone's face. Call the foul, but the suspensions are ridiculous.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2007, 05:48 PM
Agreed.

Yeah the elbow was intentional but the knocking some poor saps two front teeth out was not.

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2007, 08:53 PM
It looks like L2 isn't the only one getting shafted for playing tough. Not even the mighty Kobe is safe from the castration of sports today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748084

I love Jackson's quote:

"I have been a little disappointed with how Kobe has been treated as a premier player," Jackson said.

At least we're up front about the fact that refs officiate differently around star players.
I don't know about some of you, but I always flail my arms out recklessly when I go shoot some basketball on lunch at the healthclub by where I work.

:rolleyes:

With that out of the way, there's no comparison between what L2 did and what Kobe did. L2 didn't flail his elbows out recklessly.

Kobe did allow his arm to flail recklessly on a play that I can't honestly say wasn't intentional in part because he nailed Dirk Nowitzki last year on a similar play.

Ruuuuuufus
1/30/2007, 09:52 PM
Ginobli came from behind Kobe on that play. If he wouldn't have fallen down I wouldn't have even realized he got hit.

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2007, 10:12 PM
Ginobli came from behind Kobe on that play. If he wouldn't have fallen down I wouldn't have even realized he got hit.

I don't see how he came from behind Kobe considering he blocked the shot from in front of Kobe then slid over to Kobe's left to avoid fouling him. :confused:

colleyvillesooner
1/30/2007, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a7TGrVIu3o

Ruuuuuufus
1/30/2007, 11:54 PM
I don't see how he came from behind Kobe considering he blocked the shot from in front of Kobe then slid over to Kobe's left to avoid fouling him. :confused:

whenever Kobe jumps Ginobli is outside of Kobe's peripheral vision, or barely inside it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/31/2007, 10:31 AM
whenever Kobe jumps Ginobli is outside of Kobe's peripheral vision, or barely inside it.

I like the Lakers but I do think Kobe should have been suspended for a game. I don't think he was trying to injure Ginobli but he was definitely trying to clear him out. 1 game was probably right though, I've seen worse.

L2 shouldn't have even had an intentional foul, let alone a suspension.

colleyvillesooner
3/7/2007, 12:11 AM
Well, he did it again tonight. With his team up 4 and the ball with under a minute to play. The T-Wolves made a 3 on the ensuing possession. tied it up and eventually won.