PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie you ever saw?

Pages : [1] 2

stoopified
1/30/2007, 11:48 AM
This topic came to me as I was channel surfing and came across THE FIFTH ELEMENT,which is my nominee for worst movie I ever saw. Plot is lacking,special effects were cheap,acting was incredibly lame.

OU4LIFE
1/30/2007, 11:55 AM
The Fifth Element was Oscar material compared to Cabin Fever.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808410707/info

Mongo
1/30/2007, 11:57 AM
The Fifth Element was Oscar material compared to Cabin Fever.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808410707/info

PANCAKES!! PANCAKES!!

The worst movie ever. I could not walk out on the movie though, I had to sit there and actually see how bad it was.

yermom
1/30/2007, 11:57 AM
i liked Fifth Element...

try on Speed II for size

Boomer.....
1/30/2007, 11:58 AM
I thought that 28 Days Later was horrible.

yermom
1/30/2007, 11:59 AM
you were expecting Sandra Bullock weren't you?

Widescreen
1/30/2007, 12:01 PM
It's a tie between these 3:

Piranha - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078087/ Despite having Keenan Wynn, it was horrendously bad

Fortress II - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179183/ Featured a regular dude exiting an air lock on a space station and literally swimming through space to another space lock without any protective gear. He took a deep breath before he opened the air lock though so apparently that's all it took.

Pinata - Survival Island (aka Demon Island) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201844/ Did have Jamie Pressley but oh boy was it horrible.

Condescending Sooner
1/30/2007, 12:01 PM
Wild at Heart with Laura Dern. Looked like it was written and directed by a grade school kid who was making it up as they went.

reevie
1/30/2007, 12:03 PM
Ultraviolet - It's the first one I think of.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/30/2007, 12:05 PM
leonard part 6

frankensooner
1/30/2007, 12:14 PM
In the past year, it was Happy Feet. My kids were yawning as was I from about 15 minutes after it started until we walked out half-way through.

The only other movie I have ever walked out of was Southern Comfort(1981). I watched it later on cable and it was better on the small screen.

I watched Ultraviolet last weekend and it wasn't very good.

I mean there is good bad like Plan Nine from Outer Space, and bad bad like The Flintstones. There are just too many bad movies to pick one.

mdklatt
1/30/2007, 12:18 PM
Cabin Boy, without a doubt.

proud gonzo
1/30/2007, 12:21 PM
"No Witness". Corey Feldman as a Sean-Penn-like-thug...only worse.

Widescreen
1/30/2007, 12:38 PM
Corey Feldman movies should automatically be excluded from consideration. I mean that's like asking who the world's worst dictator was, and throwing out Hitler or Stalin or Mao. ;)

JohnnyMack
1/30/2007, 12:41 PM
Suburban Commando.

Boomer.....
1/30/2007, 12:43 PM
He was in a few good movies: Goonies, Lost Boys, and The burbs.

Beef
1/30/2007, 12:45 PM
Wild at Heart with Laura Dern. Looked like it was written and directed by a grade school kid who was making it up as they went.
That's one of the best movies ever. Nicholas Cage rocked in that movie.

yermom
1/30/2007, 12:48 PM
ooh, Anaconda

sanantoniosooner
1/30/2007, 12:49 PM
It's a movie I personally gave as a Christmas present to my brother.

Santa Claus conquers the Martians.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058548/

Screen debut of Pia Zaddora. The martian helmets had plumbing accessories mounted on them to make them look futuristic. There is a scene with a polar bear and it's incredibly obvious it's a guy in a bear costume.

Oldnslo
1/30/2007, 12:57 PM
Jack Nicholson: The Pledge.

See, you keep on watching it, 'cause it's JACK. But it just keeps on sucking. Hard. Golfball through a garden hose hard.

Or Gene Hackman: The Domino Principle.

Sucktastic.

Let me bring up another one. All-pro bad. So bad that it ended careers. "Let's just put Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman up on the screen. Something funny will happen".

Ishtar.

No, it won't.

More bad? Really?!

Waterworld.

You forget how bad that one is until you see it again. Bad.

I need to shower.

soonerinabilene
1/30/2007, 01:01 PM
ravenous

JohnnyMack
1/30/2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/national_lampoon_s_gold_diggers/

This is the lowest scoring movie I can find on RT. Never saw it, but apparently that's a good thing.

proud gonzo
1/30/2007, 01:04 PM
Jack Nicholson: The Pledge.

See, you keep on watching it, 'cause it's JACK. But it just keeps on sucking. Hard. Golfball through a garden hose hard.

Or Gene Hackman: The Domino Principle.

Sucktastic.

Let me bring up another one. All-pro bad. So bad that it ended careers. "Let's just put Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman up on the screen. Something funny will happen".

Ishtar.

No, it won't.

More bad? Really?!

Waterworld.

You forget how bad that one is until you see it again. Bad.

I need to shower.
Ishtar was hilarious!!

TopDawg
1/30/2007, 01:05 PM
It's a movie I personally gave as a Christmas present to my brother.

Santa Claus conquers the Martians.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058548/

Screen debut of Pia Zaddora. The martian helmets had plumbing accessories mounted on them to make them look futuristic. There is a scene with a polar bear and it's incredibly obvious it's a guy in a bear costume.

That one was MST3K worthy. Any movie I've ever seen on MST3K has some redeeming characteristics that keep it from being worst in my book.

The worst one I've ever seen was Going Overboard (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096870/), which I think was one of Adam Sandler's first.

The first user comment on IMBD's page is "Yes it really IS that bad!"

sanantoniosooner
1/30/2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/national_lampoon_s_gold_diggers/

This is the lowest scoring movie I can find on RT. Never saw it, but apparently that's a good thing.
http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

King Crimson
1/30/2007, 01:08 PM
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.

TopDawg
1/30/2007, 01:09 PM
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.

See, entries like this show the need for two categories.

Worst movie you ever saw and Worst movie you ever saw that you expected to be okay.

No way you can go into Even Cowgirls Get the Blues expecting it to be good.

sanantoniosooner
1/30/2007, 01:12 PM
That one was MST3K worthy. Any movie I've ever seen on MST3K has some redeeming characteristics that keep it from being worst in my book.
I have no idea what you just said.

The only redeeming quality, having viewed it myself, is that it's so bad that it's hilarious.

Octavian
1/30/2007, 01:33 PM
Punch Drunk Love was pretty awful

ousoonerfan
1/30/2007, 01:38 PM
The spousal unit brought home You, Me and Dupree last weekend.

Worst.
Movie.
Evar.

Jerk
1/30/2007, 01:40 PM
The Thin Red Line (my most boring movie theatre exprience evar)

Hatfield
i pray to all that is holy that none of you (even tuba) have been subjected to the ******tastic bombastic that is "idiocracy"

luke wilson must have owed someone a lot.

OhU1
Kill Bill Part I and Natural Born Killers. Pure garbage by otherwise skilled directors. The Running Man with Arnold directed by the guy who played "Hutch" in Startsky and Hutch. They even cast Richard Dawson and Dwezil Zappa in this destruction of an intriguing Stephen King story.

skycat
1/30/2007, 01:42 PM
Punch Drunk Love was pretty good. In fact, by far my favorite Adam Sandler movie.

My vote, Maddona in Swept Away.

Horrible, this movie was.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/30/2007, 01:44 PM
ooh, Anaconda

It was better than the sequel Anacondas

The worst movie evar was....

Jeepers Creepers jesus that was a terrible movie

DustySooner
1/30/2007, 01:59 PM
America Ninja 4

Mark it down.

crawfish
Tough to rate "bad movies". Some are meant to be bad; some have budget or ratings issues; some are meant for a particular audience. Tough to call a movie "bad" when I hate it but tons of other people love it or it's achieved cult status (Fifth Element).

My metric is to base "bad" on prior expectations and potential. If a movie has the budget, backing, cast and crew to succeed and it sucks heavily that's gotta give it an edge in judging it bad. On this criteria, I nominate "Armageddon". That movie had so much going for it, but is impossibly bad in a large number of ways.

Oh, and:

[Mike Rich]Gladiator[/Mike Rich].

TexasLidig8r
Godfather....

Part III

No reason for this film to be made other than Coppola being in deep financial trouble... bastadge.

OU James
1/30/2007, 02:03 PM
Weekend at Bernies 2.....wow

NormanPride
1/30/2007, 02:04 PM
Wicker Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo) with Nick Cage.

OH GOD NOT THE BEES!

Boomer.....
1/30/2007, 02:13 PM
The spousal unit brought home You, Me and Dupree last weekend.

Worst.
Movie.
Evar.
I thought that movie was pretty funny.

IB4OU2
1/30/2007, 02:15 PM
Alexander or Wimbledon......one or the other.

Beef
1/30/2007, 02:20 PM
Wicker Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo) with Nick Cage.

OH GOD NOT THE BEES!
I really thought the end of that movie was supposed to be some kind of joke, but there was no punchline. I kept watching the credits roll by, hoping something else would happen. Epically bad movie.

Pricetag
1/30/2007, 02:21 PM
For me, it's a tie between Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Alive.

As for the former, it seemed to be on HBO every time I turned it on from approximately 1992 through 1995. Horrible.

As for the latter, this was simply the worst theater experience of my life. I don't think it was necessarily the subject matter, either. It was so dull that every moment was excruciating. Then there were the multiple cuts from darkness to the blinding white of the snow. Blech.

DBrown
1/30/2007, 02:35 PM
scenes from a mall

GOD AWFUL!

Soonrboy
1/30/2007, 02:37 PM
the one starring ben affleck..I forget the name.

frankensooner
1/30/2007, 02:42 PM
I can think of one that is truly sucktastic. It took me a while to think of the movie I hate more that most, it was even filmed in OKC. Sam and Janet. If it comes on, don't watch it. My wife and I watched it and we both agreed it sucked.

BeetDigger
1/30/2007, 02:45 PM
No mention of any Patrick Swayze movies? Come'on, Road House has got to be in consideration here.

Hatfield
1/30/2007, 02:56 PM
that fact that noone else has mentioned idiocracy makes my soul happy that it is obvious nobody else has seen that stink bomb

Beef
1/30/2007, 03:01 PM
No mention of any Patrick Swayze movies? Come'on, Road House has got to be in consideration here.
You're dead to me.

TexasSooner01
1/30/2007, 03:08 PM
The Incredible Hulk.

Frozen Sooner
1/30/2007, 03:11 PM
that fact that noone else has mentioned idiocracy makes my soul happy that it is obvious nobody else has seen that stink bomb

God, that movie is horrific.

It's a funny conceit, but just not enough to hang an hour and a half on. Both Maya Rudolph and Luke Wilson try like hell to make it interesting, but in the end it's just awful.

I will say, though, that this post has what plants crave.

Dio
1/30/2007, 03:27 PM
The Abyss bored me to tears, but when my wife and I went to see The Weatherman we counted no less than 8 people get up and leave (out of 16-20 when the film started) We only stayed because it kind of became a running joke to see who else was going to leave.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2007, 03:28 PM
My vote has to go for Dogma. Tried to watch it twice and couldn't even force myself to do it.

Only movie I ever walked out on was the Fly 2. Something about watching a human size fly eat while having a splitting headache myself did me in that night.

XingTheRubicon
1/30/2007, 03:32 PM
XXX state of the union hurt my happy feelings quite a bit, and I only watched for 15 minutes

Ike
1/30/2007, 03:36 PM
For me, it's a tossup between "House of the Dead" and "Bloodrayne"

They are so far off the charts bad that it's not even funny.

for a lot of the movies I'm seeing here, I'd give them eleventy thumbs up if they immediately followed either of these two.

SoonerAtKU
1/30/2007, 03:36 PM
The only question you must ask in this thread is whether to choose Baby Geniuses #1 or #2.

King Crimson
1/30/2007, 03:46 PM
See, entries like this show the need for two categories.

Worst movie you ever saw and Worst movie you ever saw that you expected to be okay.

No way you can go into Even Cowgirls Get the Blues expecting it to be good.

thing is Gus Van Zant made a couple good flicks with Drugstore Cowboy and Private Idaho....in addition to Elephant which isn't bad.....but Cowgirl was frickin' awful. Uma Thurman (early 90's Uma Thurman) sleeps with Pat Morita.

at least i didn't pay for it.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2007, 03:52 PM
thing is Gus Van Zant made a couple good flicks with Drugstore Cowboy and Private Idaho....in addition to Elephant which isn't bad.....but Cowgirl was frickin' awful. Uma Thurman (early 90's Uma Thurman) sleeps with Pat Morita.

at least i didn't pay for it.

Wax on wax off! :eek:

TopDawg
1/30/2007, 03:57 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

The only redeeming quality, having viewed it myself, is that it's so bad that it's hilarious.

MST3K = Mystery Science Theatre 3000, a show where they watch bad movies and make fun of them as they're watching them. "So bad it's hilarious" is one of the criteria for the movies they select, I'm sure.

NormanPride
1/30/2007, 04:13 PM
I am convinced, to this day, that "Stop or my Mom Will Shoot" is what gave me ADD.

King Crimson
1/30/2007, 04:15 PM
I am convinced, to this day, that "Stop or my Mom Will Shoot" is what gave me ADD.

i saw that on an airplane. sort of. i ditched the headphones about 10 minutes in, but the visual was still up. you try and ignore it....but still.

OSUAggie
1/30/2007, 04:16 PM
the one starring ben affleck..I forget the name.

Gigli?

My vote goes to Sleepy Hollow

crawfish
1/30/2007, 04:36 PM
For me, it's a tossup between "House of the Dead" and "Bloodrayne"

They are so far off the charts bad that it's not even funny.

Uwe Boll is so gonna box your ***... :D

Frozen Sooner
1/30/2007, 04:40 PM
I'd give you Uwe Boll boxing the critics spek, but you called me a girl in another thread.

crawfish
1/30/2007, 04:41 PM
I'd give you Uwe Boll boxing the critics spek, but you called me a girl in another thread.

I DID NOT!!!

I called you gay.

Frozen Sooner
1/30/2007, 04:44 PM
Oh, right.

Well, then, that's OK.

Ike
1/30/2007, 04:57 PM
Uwe Boll is so gonna box your ***... :D

heh. I'd have a lot less of a problem with him if he were a professional boxer instead of a director.

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2007, 05:38 PM
The Neverending Story

Thank God there's no truth in advertising with that one.

birddog
1/30/2007, 05:47 PM
lady in the water.

shyamalan is going in the wrong direction.

TexasSooner01
1/30/2007, 05:48 PM
The Village succckkkked too.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2007, 06:03 PM
I'm convinced you all have terrible taste in movies. There are a lot of solid movies on this list.

The Fifth Element
Waterworld
Ishtar (was hilarious if you're actually paying atention)
The Abyss
Dogma
The Neverending Story
Happy Feet
The Thin Red Line
The Running Man

All of those were at least decent, and I'm pretty sure a few of those were nominated for Oscars.

Go watch Zardoz and THEN talk to me. You wouldn't think Sean Connery could make a bad movie....

soonerboomer93
1/30/2007, 06:04 PM
Fifth Element had Milla and is automatically precluded from worst movie ever

Jeepers Creepers was sucktastic, I also hated Wicker Man (which i saw for free, or paid $2700 to see depending on how you look at it since it was an inflight movie)

crawfish
1/30/2007, 07:24 PM
We obviously need sub-categories

Out-of-my-genre bad
Cult classic bad
So-bad-it's-good bad
Craptastic
Big Budget bad

stoops the eternal pimp
1/30/2007, 07:33 PM
Petey Wheatstraw The Devil's Son In Law starring Rudy Ray Moore

try this plot on:

Petey Wheatstraw (Rudy Ray Moore) is a candidate to become the devil's son-in-law. The storyline is a scaffolding on which Rudy Ray Moore's standup humor can be unfolded. Beginning life as the afterbirth to a watermelon, the young Wheatstraw becomes a martial artist, but is unable to best the evil comedy team of Leroy and Skillet, who also indulge in wholesale murder. Satan restores the comedians' victims to life, and charges Petey with the task of marrying his clock-stoppingly ugly daughter to giving him a grandchild. When Petey attempts to default on the deal, he is pursued by the devil's henchmen.

BeetDigger
1/30/2007, 07:38 PM
We obviously need sub-categories

Out-of-my-genre bad
Cult classic bad
So-bad-it's-good bad
Craptastic
Big Budget bad

You are making this too complex. :D

Octavian
1/30/2007, 07:43 PM
Punch Drunk Love was pretty good...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5404/pukeyxm0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

landrun
1/30/2007, 08:30 PM
"As Good as it Gets"
That movie really, really sucked.

william_brasky
1/30/2007, 08:46 PM
Independence Day

Kels
1/30/2007, 08:48 PM
Shanghai Surprise with Madonna and Sean Penn

House with William Katt

Strangeland with Dee Snider

Troll

Loaded Weapon with Emilio Estevez

MamaMia
1/30/2007, 09:08 PM
Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman

Boarder
1/30/2007, 09:21 PM
The movie with the most "thought it would be good" to "wasn't good" ratio would be...

I could go the easy route and say The Phantom Menace. That's too easy, though.

The Core would make it, but I really didn't think it would be that good.

I was ultra pumped to see Reign Of Fire. Dragons vs Jet Fighters. Awesome! I thought it would be so cool. By the end of the movie I wanted to fight the director.

47straight
1/30/2007, 09:42 PM
Tough to rate "bad movies". Some are meant to be bad; some have budget or ratings issues; some are meant for a particular audience. Tough to call a movie "bad" when I hate it but tons of other people love it or it's achieved cult status (Fifth Element).

My metric is to base "bad" on prior expectations and potential. If a movie has the budget, backing, cast and crew to succeed and it sucks heavily that's gotta give it an edge in judging it bad. On this criteria, I nominate "Armageddon". That movie had so much going for it, but is impossibly bad in a large number of ways.

Everything he said.

Octavian
1/30/2007, 09:45 PM
The Core....

<shivers>

47straight
1/30/2007, 09:47 PM
Batman and Robin

jacru
1/30/2007, 10:02 PM
Uphill All the Way (1986) stupid comedy -starred: Roy Clark, Mel Tillis, Burl Ives, Glen Campbell

whatsername
1/30/2007, 10:18 PM
I couldn't finish watching Raising Arizona. I wonder if it was just my mood that day because a lot of people seem to like it.

The Talented Mr Ripley - Ugh.

Battlefield Earth - luckily I didn't waste too much time on this one.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2007, 11:24 PM
I'm not crazy about Raising Arizona, but it had some really damn hilarious parts.

And As Good As It Gets? Are you kidding me? One of Jack Nicholson's best acting jobs ever and you're putting it on a worst movies list? Dude, that one won two Oscars and three Golden Globes.

oklaclarinet
1/30/2007, 11:26 PM
Kazaam - Shaq can't act

Tailwind
1/30/2007, 11:38 PM
Mazes and Monsters. A very young Tom Hanks was the only one in the movie that could actually act. It was so bad, it was funny. At least you could laugh at the bad acting.

jacru
1/30/2007, 11:41 PM
.... Dude, that one won two Oscars and three Golden Globes.
That means nothing to me. I learned the award givers and I don't agree on what is a good movie.

tbl
1/30/2007, 11:47 PM
This topic came to me as I was channel surfing and came across THE FIFTH ELEMENT,which is my nominee for worst movie I ever saw. Plot is lacking,special effects were cheap,acting was incredibly lame.
Dude, that movie is awesome. It's one of those that I watch pretty much every time it comes on TBS.

tbl
1/30/2007, 11:48 PM
The English Patient

I can't think of a lot of bad movies I've watched (though I've seen tons), but this one sticks out as one I remember just hating.

blueyedsooner
1/31/2007, 12:05 AM
Prarie Home Companion...What the crap hell is this and why was I possessed to watch it?

Relative Strangers

All the Kings Men

Slither

If my 4 year old asks to watch Beethoven one more time, it's going to make the list as well! ;)

picasso
1/31/2007, 12:14 AM
The Mask. friends and I rented it many years ago and we got through about 7 minutes of it.

yermom
1/31/2007, 01:39 AM
I'm not crazy about Raising Arizona, but it had some really damn hilarious parts.

And As Good As It Gets? Are you kidding me? One of Jack Nicholson's best acting jobs ever and you're putting it on a worst movies list? Dude, that one won two Oscars and three Golden Globes.

you'll be back on your knees in no time

Woman: How do you write women so well?
Melvin: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

that movie has some amazing dialog

crawfish
1/31/2007, 08:27 AM
I couldn't finish watching Raising Arizona. I wonder if it was just my mood that day because a lot of people seem to like it.

I'd expect this from your husband...but I thought you were smarter than this. :mad:

One of the all-time great movies.

crawfish
1/31/2007, 08:29 AM
The Mask. friends and I rented it many years ago and we got through about 7 minutes of it.

Perhaps you mean "Mask" with Cher? Because "The Mask" rocks.

tbl
1/31/2007, 08:36 AM
Why do you guys hate Rocky Dennis???

picasso
1/31/2007, 10:16 AM
Perhaps you mean "Mask" with Cher? Because "The Mask" rocks.
umm no, I mean the retarded movie with Jim Carey.

Fugue
1/31/2007, 10:24 AM
The English Patient

I can't think of a lot of bad movies I've watched (though I've seen tons), but this one sticks out as one I remember just hating.

http://sissi.blogg.se/images/elaine_1139068947.jpg

C&CDean
1/31/2007, 10:42 AM
Footloose

Urban Cowboy

Apocolypse Now (second worse war movie)

Full Metal Jacket (worst war movie evar)

Popeye

Titantic

Bodyguard (crackwhore and Costner = turd)

yermom
1/31/2007, 10:51 AM
ok, for a second there i was thinking Midnight Cowboy

you have to love a movie that is focused on Texas beer and mechanical bulls :D

Debra Winger was hot though...

surely there is a worse war movie than Full Metal Jacket... what don't you like about it?

mdklatt
1/31/2007, 10:59 AM

That's not really a "war movie"; it's too artsy fartsy.

KaiserSooner
1/31/2007, 11:09 AM
Punch Drunk Love? Thin Red Line? Talented Mr. Ripley? Prairie Home Companion? These are all good movies.

As Good As It Gets is as boring as hell, but I wouldn't throw it into the "worst movie ever" category.

That's not really a "war movie"; it's too artsy fartsy.

Yeah, I've always had trouble considering it a war movie because of this. I look at it as an adaptation of the Joseph Conrad novel, whose name I can't remember right this second.

mdklatt
1/31/2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I've always had trouble considering it a war movie because of this. I look at it as an adaptation of the Joseph Conrad novel, whose name I can't remember right this second.

Heart of Darkness

KaiserSooner
1/31/2007, 11:10 AM
There ya go.

C&CDean
1/31/2007, 12:11 PM
ok, for a second there i was thinking Midnight Cowboy

you have to love a movie that is focused on Texas beer and mechanical bulls :D

Debra Winger was hot though...

surely there is a worse war movie than Full Metal Jacket... what don't you like about it?

In a word, Kubrick. I'm not a big Kubrick fan. ****er is last generation's Quentin Tarantino, and I despise that geeky ****.

I like Ermey in the flick, but after dude kills him and then kills himself the movie goes downhill really, really fast.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, John Revolting as a cowboy? Nah. Vinny Barbarino, Saturday Night Fever? Yeah.

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 12:13 PM
Did you like The Shining?

C&CDean
1/31/2007, 12:13 PM
And whoever said As Good as it Gets is clueless. It's by no means a great flick, but it's pretty damn solid.

C&CDean
1/31/2007, 12:16 PM
Did you like The Shining?

Nope. I simply do not care - AT ALL - for horror flicks. While it's no slasher-type horror flick (which I don't even watch), I don't get the attraction to the blood/weirdness/spookiness of scary movies. Nicholson does play a great psycho though. Better than DeNiro in Cape Fear even.

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 12:24 PM
Weirdo. :D

I was just asking because I think the original movie was a Kubrick film.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2007, 01:08 PM
In a word, Kubrick. I'm not a big Kubrick fan. ****er is last generation's Quentin Tarantino, and I despise that geeky ****.

I like Ermey in the flick, but after dude kills him and then kills himself the movie goes downhill really, really fast.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, John Revolting as a cowboy? Nah. Vinny Barbarino, Saturday Night Fever? Yeah.

Interesting. Didn't like 2001: A Space Oddessy?

Certainly your right, of course. I'll disagree with you on Apocalypse Now but I'll agree it's not a war movie. I've never quite understood the worship of Full Metal Jacket.

KC//CRIMSON
1/31/2007, 01:13 PM
I've never quite understood the worship of the first twenty minutes of Full Metal Jacket.

;)

Ike
1/31/2007, 01:22 PM

Oh, come on...nobody liked 2001. It portrayed space in the way it really is: Boring.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2007, 01:24 PM
I liked it. And for that exact reason-space is exciting enough in real life. I don't really need explosions and large delta v to make it cool.

C&CDean
1/31/2007, 01:59 PM
I liked it. And for that exact reason-space is exciting enough in real life. I don't really need explosions and large delta v to make it cool.

2001 should have been on my list. "Hal? Is that you Hal?" Meh. POS movie.

But then again I'm not big on space/science fiction crapola either. The first Star Wars was OK, but nothing but **** after. Then, I find out the later movies are actually set before the first movie. WTF kinda b.s is that?
Star Trek? Crap. Especially when Ricardo Montalban was in one of them. "Khan!!" Meh.

royalfan5
1/31/2007, 02:05 PM
Smoking Aces is up there for me. I though Ali was very boring, and I'm huge Boxing fan, it's too bad they didn't like Michael Bentt do to Will Smith what he did to Tommy Morrison.

OhU1
1/31/2007, 02:18 PM
Smokey and the Bandit Part II and all the other Dom Delloise/Burt Reynolds 1970's Hollywood ensemble movies where they stand around laughing.

In the 80's Eddie Murphy fullfilled this type of role sometimes doing little more in some parts than doing that laugh of his that was supposed to be cute and flashing that stupid smile. Sometimes he would also throw in a joke about the fact that he is black. Box office gold.

tbl
1/31/2007, 03:16 PM
Certainly your right, of course.

You're!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

KaiserSooner
1/31/2007, 03:41 PM

Certainly your right, of course. I'll disagree with you on Apocalypse Now but I'll agree it's not a war movie.

2001 is one of my favorites.

I've never quite understood the worship of Full Metal Jacket.

Same here.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2007, 05:29 PM
You're!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Heh. I'm assuming you're making a joke...

Certainly it is Dean's right to not like a particular movie. However, I don't think he IS right.

stoopified
1/31/2007, 06:11 PM
Footloose

Urban Cowboy

Full Metal Jacket (worst war movie evar)

Popeye

Titantic

Bodyguard (crackwhore and Costner = turd)Ok I agree with you on FOOTLOOSE (so much so that I rate it worse than Fifth Element)and aPOCALYPSE NOW as well as POPEYE.I do however disagree onthe rest.

OUstud
1/31/2007, 08:54 PM
The Honeymooners (Cedric the Depresser)

AlbqSooner
1/31/2007, 09:06 PM
Eyes Wide Open.

As the credits ran I said, "That's it??"

Couple of people in the theater said, "No Sh**!"

KaiserSooner
1/31/2007, 09:20 PM
Again, not sure I call this movie the worst ever, but I was hugely disappointed.

Last fall, I saw Gone with the Wind for the first time ever.

I love old movies, but I won't put myself through that hell again. It was a joke really....the &#252;ber-melodrama was way too much for me. The confederate romanticism probably got to me, too. If you want to see a good antebellum type movie from that period, you're wise to invest your time in Jezebel. Bette Davis is a better spoiled southern b!tch than Vivian Leigh anyway.

KaiserSooner
1/31/2007, 09:21 PM
Eyes Wide Open.

As the credits ran I said, "That's it??"

Couple of people in the theater said, "No Sh**!"

Eyes Wide Shut?

stoopified
2/1/2007, 11:09 AM
I really didn't expect a consensus on the worst movie you ever saw but I thought that there would at least be one or two that were universally hated>It seems that for every WORST movie listed there are some fans,I guess that explains why there are somany different movie channels.theaters and so forth.Many different strokes for many different folks.Oh well,it would be a boring world if we ALL liked the same movies,music or
FOOTBALL TEAM?

sooneron
2/1/2007, 12:08 PM
Terminator 3
SW Ep 1

TheHumanAlphabet
2/1/2007, 12:20 PM
Battlefield Earth - luckily I didn't waste too much time on this one.

Ding ding ding...

Took to post #87 but this HAS to be the worst one ever. Gigli comes real close. And I am a scifi fan and wanted to like this movie. It has become the come back phrase for the Mrs. "...and I sat through Battlefield Earth for you..."

I really liked the Fifth Element, the comments posted are true, but it was a fun movie. I think that the producers were working hard to make it a cult favorite movie, but that only happens when unintended, not when trying to plan it.

HoserSooner
2/1/2007, 12:55 PM
The record for the most people that got up and left in the middle of the movie for me personally was "The Brothers Grimm" with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger. In the end, I wish I had joined the conga line out of the theatre.

:(

tbl
2/1/2007, 01:34 PM
Gone in 60 seconds... Absolutely horrible.

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2007, 01:38 PM
Gone in 60 seconds... Absolutely horrible.
I loved that movie.
Robert Duvall can not make a bad movie.

tbl
2/1/2007, 01:47 PM
Yet Nicolas Cage is more than capable.

JohnnyMack
2/1/2007, 01:48 PM
Eyes Wide Shut?

Eyes wide shut was a good, maybe great movie. Different, but extremely well made.

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2007, 01:49 PM
Yet Nicolas Cage is more than capable.
I agree.

Mongo
2/1/2007, 01:50 PM
Eyes wide shut was a good, maybe great movie. Different, but extremely well made.

You're just a fan of orgies

yermom
2/1/2007, 01:51 PM
2001 should have been on my list. "Hal? Is that you Hal?" Meh. POS movie.

But then again I'm not big on space/science fiction crapola either. The first Star Wars was OK, but nothing but **** after. Then, I find out the later movies are actually set before the first movie. WTF kinda b.s is that?
Star Trek? Crap. Especially when Ricardo Montalban was in one of them. "Khan!!" Meh.

dude, Wrath of Khan is easily the best Star Trek movie

you have lost all credibility, sir

Khan!!11!!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/7/a/37aa646b1b740eb223d007c7fe9a7fc3.gif

JohnnyMack
2/1/2007, 01:52 PM
You're just a fan of orgies

Mmmm hmmm. True dat.

Where's my lube? And my mask?

crawfish
2/1/2007, 01:54 PM

There you have the definitive opinion, folks. It DID suck. ;)

tbl
2/1/2007, 01:54 PM
I'm a fan of Kubrik. The Shining is probably the best horror movie ever. Unlike these stupid gross out fests nowadays, it was purely psychological. However the old lady scene was pretty disgusting...

I'm gonna put "Lost in Translation" up towards the top of crap movies. I only saw it once, but at the time I thought it was awful. Yeah, it had its moments, but it reeked of trying to hard to be original and all it ended up being was extremely boring.

tbl
2/1/2007, 01:55 PM

Khan!!11!!

How on earth did you find that gif??? GREATNESS!!!

soonerbrat
2/1/2007, 02:10 PM
Congo

yermom
2/1/2007, 02:13 PM
How on earth did you find that gif??? GREATNESS!!!

http://wrathofcostanza.ytmnd.com/

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 02:49 PM
Congo

A case where a decent book got turned into a crap movie.

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 02:52 PM

Khan!!11!!

Dude, just because it was the best of a bunch of ****ty flicks doesn't make it not ****ty.

When other kids were reading Buck Rogers I was reading Tarzan of the Apes. While other kids were reading Lord of the Rings, I was reading Conan the Barbarian. I'm much more of a voluptuous earth chick and blood and guts kinda guy. Science fiction does nada for me.

yermom
2/1/2007, 02:59 PM
Liv Tyler isn't voluptuous enough for you? :D

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 03:00 PM
Liv Tyler isn't voluptuous enough for you? :D

Uh, no. She came out of Steven's dick. That alone would make it impossible for me to touch her.

SleestakSooner
2/1/2007, 03:34 PM

Easy, Leonard. Go easy, man.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 03:42 PM
Tarantino greatness as a bad actor from Sleep With Me

Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest ****ing scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Duane: Oh, come on.

Sid: Top Gun is ****ing great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.

Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.

Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the ****ing line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the ****, what the **** is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting ****ing force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they ****ing land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last ****ing line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! ****in' A, man!

And the worst movie I ever saw was Pearl Harbor.

sooneron
2/1/2007, 03:45 PM
Full Metal Jacket is the Longest Day compared to Pearl Harbor.

sooneron
2/1/2007, 03:59 PM

You are more than entitled to your opinion about the flicks, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Tarantino shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph as Kubrick. They are polar opposites.

soonerbrat
2/1/2007, 04:00 PM

it's the only movie I ever went to see and walked out in the middle

Luckily, I had free tickets

sooneron
2/1/2007, 04:01 PM
There sure were a lot of brief Congo marketing tie-ins.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 04:06 PM

in retrospect the only Crichton book that wasn't butchered beyond belief to make it a movie was probably Timeline, and that's because it was already movieish as a book.

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 04:07 PM
You are more than entitled to your opinion about the flicks, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Tarantino shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph as Kubrick. They are polar opposites.

They're both their generations weirdo whack-jobs who've made a lot of money off clueless people by producing strange movies. Get it?

sooneron
2/1/2007, 04:09 PM
They're both their generations weirdo whack-jobs who've made a lot of money off clueless people by producing strange movies. Get it?
And I would have thought that you dug Spartacus.:texan:

TMcGee86
2/1/2007, 07:34 PM
worst book to movie I have seen was "Legend of Baggar Vance"

completely butchered.

KaiserSooner
2/1/2007, 08:14 PM
And the worst movie I ever saw was Pearl Harbor.

Of all the movies listed, this is probably the closest to being the worst for me. I don't have the words to describe how awful that abortion is. What a waste.

AlbqSooner
2/1/2007, 08:25 PM
Eyes Wide Shut?
Yep - that's it. Such a forgetable movie I even forgot the title. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/1/2007, 08:27 PM
Any movie with Nicole Kidman's bare *** is automatically excluded from "worst ever" consideration. It's not good, but the Kidman *** is some great stuff.

stoopified
2/2/2007, 11:04 AM
Any movie with Nicole Kidman's bare *** is automatically excluded from "worst ever" consideration. It's not good, but the Kidman *** is some great stuff.I feel the same way about movies featuring Demi Moore and any movie in which she is nude or semi-nude.:D

picasso
2/2/2007, 11:13 AM
I feel the same way about movies featuring Demi Moore and any movie in which she is nude or semi-nude.:D
Kidman >>>>> Demi Moore. Moore's goods are store bought. even the face.

and yeah Kidman's butt looked quite nice in said movie.

stoopified
2/2/2007, 01:13 PM
Kidman >>>>> Demi Moore. Moore's goods are store bought. even the face.

and yeah Kidman's butt looked quite nice in said movie.She may have had a few touch-ups but Demi has worked haed to get her 40= year-old body in GREAT shape.Lets see how no-tits Kidman holds up over the years.Btw check-out ABOUT LAST NIGHT before claiming that Demi is artificially enhnced.She was in her 20's then and it is all her.I must admit I would not kick her(Kidman) out of bed unless it was to make more room for myself,Salma Hayek,and of course Demi.

Rogue
6/9/2007, 01:23 PM
I'm the master of picking terrible movies.

These were awful:
Magnolia
Blue Streak
Congo
You, Me, and DuPree

SicEmBaylor
6/9/2007, 01:26 PM
LOTR

Rogue
6/9/2007, 01:27 PM
SicEm, you are provoking the ovalians now. Better duck!

goingoneight
6/9/2007, 03:06 PM
No mention of Brokeback Mountain?

:les: IT'S AN OSCAR WINNAR!!!

Ex-gf rented that and I told her she was on her own. I told her I wouldn't watch it, and sleeping through it would give me nightmares. :D What is with women wanting to see that, anyway?

Movie I've seen that is teh succ = See No Evil. Yeah, I get it... you cut someone's eyes out, they can't see your ugly, evil ***. Plot? Moral? Bewbs?

I could think back further, but I'm headed out for Drunkytown status here in a few.

yermom
6/9/2007, 03:35 PM
I'm the master of picking terrible movies.

These were awful:
Magnolia
Blue Streak
Congo
You, Me, and DuPree

Magnolia? hmm

yermom
6/9/2007, 03:37 PM
No mention of Brokeback Mountain?

:les: IT'S AN OSCAR WINNAR!!!

Ex-gf rented that and I told her she was on her own. I told her I wouldn't watch it, and sleeping through it would give me nightmares. :D What is with women wanting to see that, anyway?

Movie I've seen that is teh succ = See No Evil. Yeah, I get it... you cut someone's eyes out, they can't see your ugly, evil ***. Plot? Moral? Bewbs?

I could think back further, but I'm headed out for Drunkytown status here in a few.

um, i think actually watching the movie was a requirement.

there's more straight sex than gay sex in the movie, and more female nudity...

if you don't like gays, you'll love the ending ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2007, 04:20 PM
I'm (so far, anyway) being lazy, and not reading this thread.(we've done this before, not too long ago) However, the one movie that MUST BE considered for this booby prize is "Night of the Leepus". We can't ever forget "Faster *****cat, Run Run", either.

royalfan5
6/9/2007, 04:26 PM
um, i think actually watching the movie was a requirement.

there's more straight sex than gay sex in the movie, and more female nudity...

if you don't like gays, you'll love the ending ;)
Mmmm. Anne Hathaway.

King Crimson
6/9/2007, 05:12 PM
Night of the Lepus is a classic. it's also the film that's on TV in the background in the Matrix when Neo visits the Oracle. more "down the rabbit hole" Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland stuff.

HskrGrl
6/9/2007, 05:18 PM
Never saw Broke Back Mountain nor do I even have the slightest desire too. And it's not even really because of the whole gay cowboy thing. It just doesn't look like a very interesting movie in my opinion.

Punch Drunk Love was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Farce of the Penguins was really bad. My mother in law and I started watching that one night and turned it off about 30 minutes into the movie. We kept hoping that it would get funny, but it didn't.

Anyone ever see the movie Election with Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon? It was filmed at my high school (during my Jr. Year), I spent many days and nights on the set, I was in about 4 or 5 scenes and I would still consider it one of the worst movies ever. I saw it once in the theater (because everyone at school 17 years and older got free tickets) and then one other time just so my husband could see it. I have no desire to ever see it again.

Check out this guy's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joADFkh48TY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Evideosift%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2F Worst%2DMovies%2DEver) idea of the worst. One scene is probably NSFW (language).

yermom
6/9/2007, 05:40 PM
dude, Election is a pretty good movie

that link is greatness though

sooneron
6/9/2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Election is pretty friggin good. You either get it on the levels that it works , or you don't.

Newbomb Turk
6/9/2007, 06:14 PM
Check out this guy's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joADFkh48TY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Evideosift%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2F Worst%2DMovies%2DEver) idea of the worst. One scene is probably NSFW (language).

that one scene is greatness. :D

HskrGrl
6/9/2007, 06:21 PM
I think it was too simply written and the acting wasn't that great. I mean all you have to do is look at the quotes from the movie on imdb.com and you can see how poorly written was. Mainly the sexuality of it seemed way overdone. It seemed like everytime Paul opened his mouth he had something to say about sex. All that being said it was a lot of fun being around and in the middle of the making of a movie. Lots of good food and excused absenses from school even though we were still at school. Matthew Broderick was really nice in real life. He even came over to a table my friends and I were sitting at one night while we were filming and proceeded to help us with our math homework. Reese Witherspoon on the other hand was extremely stuck up bitchy. She had her 2 little yappy dogs following her everywhere. Christina Ricci was the original person casted for the part of Tammy Metzler. I saw her at school a few times. I'm not sure why she quit the movie, though.

sooneron
6/9/2007, 06:44 PM
I think it was too simply written and the acting wasn't that great. I mean all you have to do is look at the quotes from the movie on imdb.com and you can see how poorly written was. Mainly the sexuality of it seemed way overdone. It seemed like everytime Paul opened his mouth he had something to say about sex. All that being said it was a lot of fun being around and in the middle of the making of a movie. Lots of good food and excused absenses from school even though we were still at school. Matthew Broderick was really nice in real life. He even came over to a table my friends and I were sitting at one night while we were filming and proceeded to help us with our math homework. Reese Witherspoon on the other hand was extremely stuck up bitchy. She had her 2 little yappy dogs following her everywhere. Christina Ricci was the original person casted for the part of Tammy Metzler. I saw her at school a few times. I'm not sure why she quit the movie, though.
Have you studied screen writing?

cuz

It was nominated for best adaptation screenplay.

You are in the minority on this one.

birddog
6/9/2007, 06:49 PM
lady in the water.

i think i voted for this a couple of months ago and i haven't found anything worse, so far.

Mongo
6/9/2007, 06:49 PM

OMG!!! The horse!!!! You can hear it slide on the pavement:D :D :D

HskrGrl
6/9/2007, 06:55 PM
Have you studied screen writing?

cuz

It was nominated for best adaptation screenplay.

You are in the minority on this one.

I just noticed that aside from the movies he's directed (like Citizen Ruth and About Schmidt) Alexander Payne was also on the writting teams for Jurassic Park III and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

sooneron
6/9/2007, 07:03 PM
What does one project have to do with another?

SoonerGirl06
6/9/2007, 07:04 PM
ooh, Anaconda

That's my choice as well.

King Crimson
6/9/2007, 07:09 PM
the latest Chris Guest et al. "mockumentary" was pretty awful. "For Your Consideration": sadly disappointing.

i almost walked out about halfway through. not recommended.

SoonerGirl06
6/9/2007, 07:17 PM
Jersey Girl.

Who ever said Ben Affleck can act is nuts.

Blue
6/9/2007, 07:29 PM
Legally Blonde.

"Date movie" -They took many funny clips from good movies and made them not funny. Good job. It was brutal.

phead903
6/9/2007, 08:10 PM
I just coudn't get into "Forest Gump" - I watched a couple of times and it ws just too incredulous to be taken seriously

XingTheRubicon
6/9/2007, 08:17 PM
Edmond

Any movie that ends with William H Macy (sporting a thick ball sweat hoarding mustache) spooning with a dude in a prison cot right after he kisses him goodnight forfeits anything up to that point.

King Crimson
6/9/2007, 08:19 PM
Edmond

Any movie that ends with William H Macy (sporting a thick ball sweat hoarding mustache) spooning with a dude in a prison cot right after he kisses him goodnight forfeits anything up to that point.

yeah, that was a pretty disappointing flick. the asian chick in the sex booth was uber-hot though.

SoonerGirl06
6/9/2007, 08:25 PM
Half these movies I've never heard of... I guess that's a good thing though.

Flags of Our Fathers. Not that it was the worst movie, but I had the hardest time following it for the 1st hour and a half. Big disappointment.

sanantoniosooner
6/9/2007, 10:00 PM
geez.........you should be negged and kicked in the nuts for putting Forrest Gump in here.

sooneron
6/9/2007, 10:17 PM
The last part of Gump outright sucked. When he started running, I stopped caring.

sanantoniosooner
6/9/2007, 10:18 PM
negged/nuts

Blue
6/9/2007, 10:19 PM
Baa he's sooo smaaart, Jenn-Y!!!!

XingTheRubicon
6/10/2007, 09:01 AM
get on your knees, Jen-nay.

Boffingham
6/10/2007, 10:19 AM
In no particular order:

Ladykillers
Gatica
Zodiac
Ghost Rider

OUstud
6/10/2007, 11:25 AM
Cheaper by the Dozen.

sanantoniosooner
6/10/2007, 02:18 PM
Gattica was teh awesome

More negging and nutt kicking........

Newbomb Turk
6/10/2007, 02:21 PM
Forrest Gump in no way belongs in this thread. The part where he bares his arse to LBJ was gold.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 02:24 PM
Gattica was teh awesome

Wow.

We agree on a movie.

sanantoniosooner
6/10/2007, 02:26 PM
Wow.

We agree on a movie.
you were bound to be right eventually

crawfish
6/10/2007, 03:01 PM
Who had a problem with Gattaca?

Someone doesn't like brilliance. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/10/2007, 03:09 PM
The Toxic Avenger

This one wasn't a favorite...

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/darkcity.jpg

yermom
6/10/2007, 03:09 PM
GATTACA was pretty badass, i took way too long to see it

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 03:24 PM
Toxic Avenger is supposed to be bad.

"I am not an animal. I am MELVIN THE MOP-BOY!!!"

usmc-sooner
6/10/2007, 03:25 PM
do you guys get off the internet long enough to watch a movie?

yermom
6/10/2007, 03:25 PM
barely

crawfish
6/10/2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/darkcity.jpg

Boo.

That was a great movie. Pre-Matrix Matrix.

critical_phil
6/10/2007, 08:37 PM
Gattica was teh awesome

yes.

and it's GATTACA. there's even awesomeness in the name.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 08:57 PM
yes.

and it's GATTACA. there's even awesomeness in the name.

What, that it's a DNA codon?

critical_phil
6/10/2007, 09:03 PM
i don't know if it's an actual codon (i thought those were in threes)

i just meant nitrogenous bases.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I used the wrong word.

The sequence GATTACA shows up pretty frequently in the human genome, apparently.

critical_phil
6/10/2007, 09:07 PM
sometimes i'm ashamed to admit that i have a biology degree.

worth.

less.

Frozen Sooner
6/10/2007, 09:10 PM
sometimes i'm ashamed to admit that i have a biology degree.

worth.

less.

I see your biology degree and raise you an Economics with a minor in Math.

yermom
6/10/2007, 09:13 PM
i almost have a Physics degree...

and i almost mentioned the name :O

critical_phil
6/10/2007, 09:18 PM

well, at least you work in a related field.

i, on the other hand, have a head full of words like plasmodium falciparum and lamina propria .... yet i have no idea what they mean.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/10/2007, 09:52 PM
I have twice walked out of a movie theater:

Moonlight and Valentino (Whoopi Goldberg and Jon Bon Jovi starring should have been my first clue)

and

French Kiss (Two movie watching equations to keep in mind: Meg Ryan - Billy Crystal - Tom Hanks = shat. Kevin Kline + French accent = shat.)

Utterly unwatchable tripe.

Ugh.

SoonerStormchaser
6/10/2007, 11:37 PM
American Beauty...that movie ****ed me off BIG TIME!

yermom
6/10/2007, 11:40 PM
American Beauty...that movie ****ed me off BIG TIME!

you aren't allowed to post about movies anymore

royalfan5
6/10/2007, 11:43 PM
I have a BA that shows that I had a Double Major in Political Science and Religion. I just missed making it more useless because I was 3 credits short of a history minor, and 3 credits short of a philosophy minor. I dare any poster to top that array of economically useless knowledge.

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2007, 12:15 AM
didn't feel like reading through all 220 posts, but has anyone said Garbage Pail Kids the Movie yet? some other notables...

from justin to kelly
Glitter
baby geniuses
anything involving larry the cable guy

yermom
6/11/2007, 12:18 AM
see, i think i only saw Garbage Pail Kids out of that list, and i don't remember much about it

i may or may not have mentioned Speed 2, but that one probably tops my list of "how the hell did i get talked into seeing this in the theater!?!?!1" movies

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2007, 12:23 AM
and i'll go ahead and also throw out anything that jerry bruckheimer has touched . im gearing up for a let down with the new transformers movie. :(
rocky v was pretty bad too. enough so that i've stricken it from my memory as to never had existed.

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2007, 12:36 AM
and i'll go ahead and also throw out anything that jerry bruckheimer has touched . im gearing up for a let down with the new transformers movie. :(
rocky v was pretty bad too. enough so that i've stricken it from my memory as to never had existed.
The Transformers movie will NOT suck.

Didn't Jerry Bruckheimer produce National Treasure? National Treasure was pretty good.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/11/2007, 12:43 AM
The Transformers movie will NOT suck.

Didn't Jerry Bruckheimer produce National Treasure? National Treasure was pretty good.Bruckheimer also involved with "Pirates of Caribbean" series, and all 3 CSI tv shows.

silverwheels
6/11/2007, 12:46 AM
The Transformers movie will not suck simply because it's the Transformers. Michael Bay will find a way to over cheese it or under plot it or something that critics will hate.

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2007, 12:56 AM
oh yeah, is it michael bay that's doing it? my bad. i get those two mixed up. and this is coming from a huge transformers fan, but i really believe the new movie will suck. will i see it? yes. will i most likely see it opening weekend? yes. but im bracing myself for a letdown. optimus prime is blue and ORANGE for christ's sake! with flames! he's RED and blue. not boise st. i really hope its good, but i dont know. didn't bay make armageddon? and pearl harbor? and the rock? and bad boys? he doesn't have a very good track record, but i'm crossing my fingers and praying for this one. but to be fair, he did direct a video for great white. thanks imdb!

yermom
6/11/2007, 12:58 AM
i'm going to see Transformers, but i'm only going to get more ****ed that Bumblebee is a Camaro

i just got a chill typing that

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2007, 01:01 AM
bumblebee strikes me more as being a dodge neon for some reason.

yermom
6/11/2007, 01:02 AM
it's not like there isn't a new Beetle that VW could be promoting

def_lazer_fc
6/11/2007, 01:18 AM
very true. but chevy probably offers better money.

soonerboomer93
6/11/2007, 01:49 AM
**** GM

****ers have ruined bumble bee (actually several cars that weren't gm products are now GM products I hear)

royalfan5
6/11/2007, 08:55 AM
**** GM

****ers have ruined bumble bee (actually several cars that weren't gm products are now GM products I hear)
GM provided as many cars as Bay wanted/needed for the movie in exchange for product placement, as well as the ability to cross-promote in advertising.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2007, 08:57 AM
Manos the hands of Fate ..what do I win

stoopified
6/11/2007, 09:02 AM
Transformers? Are y'all over the age of 12? :)

stoopified
4/7/2008, 09:51 AM
Dug this thread out when I ran across THEY LIVE,starring Roddy Piper(yeah,that is right,Rowdy Roddy Piper).It is sci-fi that is so far beyond LAME it will take the light from Lame a 1,000,000 years to reach it.

BigRedJed
4/7/2008, 09:59 AM
Well, when I think of bad movies, the ones that come to mind probably not the worst movies that I ever saw, but huge disappointments that sucked really, really bad. Specifially Any Given Sunday and Nick of Time (Johnny Depp movie).

Viking Kitten
4/7/2008, 10:07 AM
Dug this thread out when I ran across THEY LIVE,starring Roddy Piper(yeah,that is right,Rowdy Roddy Piper).It is sci-fi that is so far beyond LAME it will take the light from Lame a 1,000,000 years to reach it.

PUT ON THE GLASSES!!!

Czar and I were out somewhere one night and saw a couple guys get in a fist fight. I yelled that out. Czar laughed his butt off. The end.

OU4LIFE
4/7/2008, 10:11 AM

and you still watched it.

frankensooner
4/7/2008, 10:23 AM
I watched THEY LIVE a month or so ago, it still is nowhere near as bad as Sam and Janet.

Ike
4/7/2008, 10:42 AM
I'll probably get negged for this but:

Field of Dreams.

OKC Sooner
4/7/2008, 11:24 AM
Manos the hands of Fate ..what do I win

I second 'Manos: the Hands of Fate' and make a motion that nominations be closed. If you don't vote for this spectacular piece of cheese, you haven't seen it (and should consider yourself very, very fortunate).

soonermix
4/7/2008, 02:13 PM
the adventures of pluto nash

silverwheels
4/7/2008, 02:23 PM
The Fifth Element does not suck, by the way.

shaun4411
4/7/2008, 02:24 PM
larry the cable guy movies do suck.

crawfish
4/7/2008, 03:46 PM
I'll probably get negged for this but:

Field of Dreams.

Your dad hated you, didn't he? ;)

Again, Armageddon is the height of all suckishness. This shouldn't even be a debate...

SoonerDood
4/7/2008, 03:48 PM
I second 'Manos: the Hands of Fate' and make a motion that nominations be closed. If you don't vote for this spectacular piece of cheese, you haven't seen it (and should consider yourself very, very fortunate).

Yeah there's 90 minutes of life I'll never get back. Times three.

PS- The Fifth Element is awesome

mynameisjoe
4/7/2008, 04:31 PM
Well, when I think of bad movies, the ones that come to mind probably not the worst movies that I ever saw, but huge disappointments that sucked really, really bad. Specifially Any Given Sunday

Any Given Sunday was mediocre at best, but Al Pacino's Peace by Inches monologue was awesome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

MR2-Sooner86
4/7/2008, 05:09 PM
Mission to Mars (This was the biggest load of **** I've ever seen in my life.)
Dorm Daze (National Lampoon hasn't had it since Animal House. Well Van Wilder was good.)
Rocky 5 (Three was by far the best. Four's fight wasn't bad but he ****ing killed Appolo! Five though was ****ing bad.)
Jumper (****)

Anyway, to answer the "Full Metal Jacket" worship, it's the phrases. "Bull ****, I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!" "Holy **** Texas! There are only steers and queers in Texas and sure as **** don't look like a steer!" "That's horrible! How can you shoot women and children!? Easy, you just don't lead them as much!" "Well then cowboy, I guess you'll have to bend over and eat the peanuts out of my ****!"