PDA

View Full Version : Weather terrorists are at it again!

Okla-homey
1/29/2007, 10:56 PM
Tulsay "Channel Two Works For You" forecasting winter precip. to resume Wednesday.

Dang it. I just started getting my mail again! Oh well, at least I know my paper d00d will make it every flippin' morning, thru rain, snow, ice, hail, asteroid hits, volcanic eruptions, etc. Mailman? not so much.

Jerk
1/29/2007, 11:00 PM
ICE STORM II 2007, DEATH FROM ABOVE!

I'm sure the local stations are going nuts, scaring the snot out of old people and little children

tulsaoilerfan
1/29/2007, 11:01 PM
Jon Slater on Fox 23 in tulsa was talking about it, and he put some sort of verbal disclaimer with it; something along the lines of "This is the computer model right now, not my forecast"; i think the weather men may have taken some pretty serious **** over the last screw up

tulsaoilerfan
1/29/2007, 11:02 PM
But still folks, get out to the grocery stores tomorrow and load up those shopping carts with Doritos, Tostitos, Fritos, Cheetos, and Bean Dip so you will be prepared when you can't get out your front door for about 5 minutes. :D

Okla-homey
1/29/2007, 11:05 PM
They got a bazillion dollars worth of gear and they still miss occasionally. Kinda funny in a "Nature Will Not Be Predicted" kinda way.

Also begs the question on this whole global warming issue. Methinks its mostly a lib plot to slow down the world's leading economies so the "developing" (a/k/a "craphole") countries can maybe catch-up someday.

Okla-homey
1/29/2007, 11:07 PM
ICE STORM II 2007, DEATH FROM ABOVE!

I'm sure the local stations are going nuts, scaring the snot out of old people and little children

and max overtime for the Jerkenstein as he keeps the highways and byways of the Sooner State safe for commercial intercourse.:D

Jerk
1/29/2007, 11:09 PM
Also begs the question on this whole global warming issue. Methinks its mostly a lib plot to slow down the world's leading economies so the "developing" (a/k/a "craphole") countries can maybe catch-up someday.

Either that or another excuse for more gov't control over people's lives.

Jerk
1/29/2007, 11:11 PM
and max overtime for the Jerkenstein as he keeps the highways and byways of the Sooner State safe for commercial intercourse.:D

I don't have a sleeper; there's just not enough room for the lot lizards. Seeing the drivers they service, I don't think they could pay ME enough to get in my sleeper if I had one. I'm more of high class person- I really would like to go to the Bunny Ranch some day.

Last time the weatherman said this (they predicted 10" of snow) we got paid by teh State to plow rain all day. Actually didn't do that, didn't do nothing, it was really boring. We just sat there, on the clock.

oumartin
1/29/2007, 11:22 PM
Mike Morgan has been all giddy over this and just compared his and gary forcast and they are not similar. Garys shows warmer and not a chance of snow on friday unlike Morgans.

Boarder
1/29/2007, 11:22 PM
They got a bazillion dollars worth of gear and they still miss occasionally.

MISS OCCASIONALLY?

More like "are correct occasionally"

I haven't watched the news since the Friday of the DEATH FROM ABOVE snow storm (rain).

I refuse to watch it. I may never watch it again. I watch Sportscenter and occasionally the Weather channel. I've made it so far.

olevetonahill
1/29/2007, 11:40 PM
Damn Im glad I went and got the real essentials , ya know SALT , Pepper , Bread . BEER :cool:
Hell Ive been out of the 1st three for a week , That I can deal with But Not so much on the being outta beer !

colleyvillesooner
1/29/2007, 11:47 PM
We're supposed to be headed to Tulsa this weekend for a visit with the future inlaws. They better be right. ;)