PDA

View Full Version : Hanoi Jane is now JIHAAD JANE!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/29/2007, 06:53 PM
A local radio show has named her that (Tom Liddy, one of G. Gordon Liddy's sons, and a conservative lawyer-I know, pretty rare) He is very clever and funny. Anyway, maybe the name will stick, since she's gotten involved in anti-war rallies again.

Scott D
1/29/2007, 07:01 PM
When is your wedding?

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2007, 07:01 PM
Every lawyer I know but one is a Republican, and I know a hell of a lot of lawyers.

A lot of it depends on what kind of lawyer we're talking about.

Also, since this thread has no value otherwise, why the hell do so many people pronounce lawyer as "LOY-yer." It's my understanding that one practices law not loy.

1/29/2007, 07:03 PM
When is your wedding?Whatever this means, I'm sure it's clever.

Scott D
1/29/2007, 07:05 PM
You trying to say that you aren't marrying Jane Fonda?

1/29/2007, 07:09 PM
You trying to say that you aren't marrying Jane Fonda?Her money, my well-wishes, and some kind of a restraining order-it might work?

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2007, 07:10 PM
I absolutely detest her, but when she was younger I'd definitely hit it.

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2007, 07:17 PM
I absolutely detest her, but when she was younger I'd definitely hit it.

Yep. And anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

FWIW, I know a ton of attorneys as well. Most of them are pretty liberal in the sense that most of them are civil libertarians. What's funny to me is possibly the most liberal lawyer I know-Rene Gonzales-is the brother of the most conservative lawyer you'll ever meet-Alberto Gonzales.

Scott D
1/29/2007, 07:21 PM
Her money, my well-wishes, and some kind of a restraining order-it might work?

I say go for it. Politics should never get in the way of some booty.

1/29/2007, 07:34 PM
I say go for it. Politics should never get in the way of some booty.I'll defer to you for the Connubial Bliss.(bring some lubr*cant)

TexasLidig8r
1/29/2007, 07:53 PM
Every lawyer I know but one is a Republican, and I know a hell of a lot of lawyers.

A lot of it depends on what kind of lawyer we're talking about.

Also, since this thread has no value otherwise, why the hell do so many people pronounce lawyer as "LOY-yer." It's my understanding that one practices law not loy.

My experience has been that attorneys who typically represent plaintiffs are more liberal and tend to refer to themselves as lawyers. Attorneys who more typically represent defendants and corporations tend to be more conservative and tend to refer to themselves as attorneys.

I prefer the term "counselor" pronounced like Duval did in Cape Fear.

picasso
1/29/2007, 07:58 PM
don't leave Sean Penn out of the loop. he thinks Iran should have nukes simply because we have them too.:( :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2007, 08:37 PM
My experience has been that attorneys who typically represent plaintiffs are more liberal and tend to refer to themselves as lawyers. Attorneys who more typically represent defendants and corporations tend to be more conservative and tend to refer to themselves as attorneys.

I prefer the term "counselor" pronounced like Duval did in Cape Fear.

I should have prefaced that comment with the fact that all the attorneys I know come from various political organizations all of them conservative and/or Republican. :D

Most of them are trial lawyers of various sorts. They changed my mind on tort reform.

1/29/2007, 08:41 PM
I should have prefaced that comment with the fact that all the attorneys I know come from various political organizations all of them conservative and/or Republican. :D

Most of them are trial lawyers of various sorts. They changed my mind on tort reform.The Trial Lawyers' Association, or whatever their correct name, is one of the largest contributors to the dim.
What is it you now believe on tort reform?

usmc-sooner
1/29/2007, 08:48 PM
I feel that she is a traitor and has made a lot of money off the country she betrayed. I think she should not be allowed to take up residence here.

Not because of her political views because of her actions.

GottaHavePride
1/29/2007, 08:57 PM
so.... what's her alibi?

olevetonahill
1/29/2007, 09:20 PM
Yep. And anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

FWIW, I know a ton of attorneys as well. Most of them are pretty liberal in the sense that most of them are civil libertarians. What's funny to me is possibly the most liberal lawyer I know-Rene Gonzales-is the brother of the most conservative lawyer you'll ever meet-Alberto Gonzales.
See My other Post about rosie an oprah :eek:
In my prime I wouldnt **** on that bitch .
so Dont fool yourself there either