PDA

View Full Version : Proctor from Pearland

monty
1/29/2007, 01:54 PM
My longwhorn buddy here at work just passed on the info that we landed Sam Proctor. He's being recruited as an athelete but played QB out at Pearland almost winning a state title. Supposedly he has a great head on his shoulders. If anyone has any info on this kid, what position do you think Bobby will try and steer him towards? Receiver? D-back?

OSUAggie
1/29/2007, 01:55 PM
Safety.

monty
1/29/2007, 02:02 PM
Dude looks quick on the rivals vid.

OklahomaTuba
1/29/2007, 02:10 PM
Thank goodness he doesn't play punter.

Widescreen
1/29/2007, 03:14 PM
Hope he pans out better than our last Pearland recruit. :)

47straight
1/29/2007, 04:41 PM
Hopefully he does better pass defense than our old coach of the same name.

Katy's Most Wanted
1/29/2007, 05:50 PM
My son plays for Cinco Ranch in Katy and we played Proctor in the semis. He is the real deal.
When you see him live he is much faster, bigger, and stronger than he appears in video.
He was very difficult to bring down and was the key factor in their overtime victory over my boys.
I predict he will be a factor for us.

SOONERKAT
1/29/2007, 06:04 PM
Yep. I caught the Pearland/ Cy-Fair game this year. This guy was the difference maker. Fast, big, awareness ... for real. He will be a nice addition to the team, regardless of where they put him.

I was pleased to to hear that we got him.

trwxxa
1/29/2007, 08:30 PM
The Houston Chronicle had an article on him a while back. Unfortunately, I can not find it in their archives. If memory serves, he has always played and preferred defense (safety) and was put into the QB role this year as he was the best player available.

trwxxa
1/29/2007, 08:43 PM
Here is a link to the Google Cache. The article is no longer available on the Chronicle site.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:KJGBHb2sqaEJ:www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkh/4469210.html+Houston+Chronicle+Sam+Proctor&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

..and my memory is worse than I thought.:D

monty
1/29/2007, 09:17 PM
My son plays for Cinco Ranch in Katy and we played Proctor in the semis. He is the real deal.
When you see him live he is much faster, bigger, and stronger than he appears in video.
He was very difficult to bring down and was the key factor in their overtime victory over my boys.
I predict he will be a factor for us.

This must have been the game my friend was explaining to me. He said that he met him personally so it sounds like he'll be hungry enough to work for it. Sounds like we got Broyles too! Woot!

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 11:19 PM
Proctor is supposed to be the entire package. Aggressive, fast, strong & intelligent. Doubt he'll make an instant impact, but Stoops & the coaches will work their magic. He make be an impact player in the coming years.....