PDA

View Full Version : My dog is driving me crazy

1stTimeCaller
1/28/2007, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know of a way that I can break her from barking when someone knocks on the door?

She flips out and goes crazy nuts when someone knocks or rings the doorbell.

She's about to get left behind in a shallow grave if she keeps this up.

Thanks,

Ike
1/28/2007, 06:07 PM
my dog does this too.

She even barks and goes crazy if there is a doorbell that rings on TV.

I heard recently that shouting at the dog when they do this only encourages it, because they think you are barking too. So all I can think of is maybe a shock collar?

silverwheels
1/28/2007, 06:13 PM
Take off the door and remove the doorbell so people can just walk in. Problem solved.

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 06:29 PM
Dog Whisperer.
YWIA.

royalfan5
1/28/2007, 06:34 PM
Take off the door and remove the doorbell so people can just walk in. Problem solved.
that would add a lot of wind resistance when 1TC moves, and that would really hurt his mileage.

Howzit
1/28/2007, 06:39 PM
Vocal cordectomey.

Or would that be barkal cordectomy?

MamaMia
1/28/2007, 06:39 PM
Maybe your dog doesn't like the sound of your door bell. Get one that plays Boomer Sooner. If hes not use to hearing that being played all over the house then you aren't doing it right. ;)

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:42 PM
Maybe your dog doesn't like the sound of your door bell. Get one that plays Boomer Sooner. If hes not use to hearing that being played all over the house then you aren't doing it right. ;)

That is a great idea! You need to try and market that. I would definitely sign up for that!

soonerhubs
1/28/2007, 07:02 PM
We have found this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307337332/immaculate-books)to be extremely helpful.
As Baja said, the Dog Whisperer truly knows dog psychology.
Caeser has helped us to break our dogs of many bad habits. I highly recommend this.

TUSooner
1/28/2007, 07:36 PM
Rolled up newspaper, applied with meaured vigor every time the dog goes berserk. It won't take too many applications. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Or spend thousands on a dog psychologist if you're afraid the smack the critter.

soonerhubs
1/28/2007, 08:08 PM
Rolled up newspaper, applied with meaured vigor every time the dog goes berserk. It won't take too many applications. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Or spend thousands on a dog psychologist if you're afraid the smack the critter.

Price: $13.72

It's just a book, you actually don't hire Caeser. :D

GrapevineSooner
1/28/2007, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know of a way that I can break her from barking when someone knocks on the door?

She flips out and goes crazy nuts when someone knocks or rings the doorbell.

She's about to get left behind in a shallow grave if she keeps this up.

Thanks,

Crazy Nuts?

Or Crazy Go Nuts?

walkoffsooner
1/28/2007, 08:56 PM
Say no and swat with fly swatter. Wont take long untill no has a true meaning.

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 08:56 PM

Bad TU! Hitting is bad. You obviously aren't a Dog Whisperer disciple.

One of the channels always seems to have his shows on, see if you can catch the ones on barking.

MamaMia
1/28/2007, 09:23 PM
That is a great idea! You need to try and market that. I would definitely sign up for that!I saw one for sale but I cant remember where. I do most of my Sooner shopping at the Big Red in OKC, so theres a good chance I may have seen it there. :)

VeeJay
1/28/2007, 09:41 PM
Can you get a doorbell chime that sounds like an extensive, expressive, well...gaseous emission?

The mutt may not mind that - if he's used to hearing it and all...

Just syain.'

TUSooner
1/28/2007, 09:48 PM
Price: $13.72

It's just a book, you actually don't hire Caeser. :D
Sure, descredit my argument with FACTs, will ya.

cheater

Oh yeah - Times-Picayune: 50 cents :D

Jerk
1/28/2007, 09:50 PM
Dog Whisperer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHPLRK7cco)

tbl
1/28/2007, 09:55 PM
Yet another thread to prove the superiority of cats.

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 09:58 PM
Dog Whisperer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHPLRK7cco)

There are some parents at our school who should watch this clip.

sanantoniosooner
1/28/2007, 10:04 PM
Yet another thread to prove the superiority of cats.
There are not enough ":rolleyes: " for this quote.

;)

GottaHavePride
1/28/2007, 10:17 PM
Bad TU! Hitting is bad. You obviously aren't a Dog Whisperer disciple.

One of the channels always seems to have his shows on, see if you can catch the ones on barking.
Does he know that the best way to break a dog from killing chickens is to take the next chicken the dog kills, cover it in cayenne pepper and then let the dog eat the dead chicken?

Dog will never kill another chicken. guaranteed.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 10:22 PM
I saw one for sale but I cant remember where. I do most of my Sooner shopping at the Big Red in OKC, so theres a good chance I may have seen it there. :)

I'm going to have to check that out next time I'm in OKC. I already have "Boomer Sooner" as the ring tone on my phone.... boy does that p*** alot of people off down here in Texas! :D

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 10:25 PM
Does he know that the best way to break a dog from killing chickens is to take the next chicken the dog kills, cover it in cayenne pepper and then let the dog eat the dead chicken?

Dog will never kill another chicken. guaranteed.

All three of my dogs love spicy food - the hotter the better.
My house and family do not appreciate the dogs having spicy food.

jacru
1/28/2007, 10:36 PM
A good beating will cure most pets, kids, and criminals.

(that ought to get a reaction) :D

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2007, 10:40 PM

The day we did away with the cat o' nine tails is the day our superiority began to fade.

soonerhubs
1/28/2007, 11:11 PM
Sure, descredit my argument with FACTs, will ya.

cheater

Oh yeah - Times-Picayune: 50 cents :D

Touché :D

Osce0la
1/29/2007, 10:51 AM

She flips out and goes crazy nuts when someone knocks or rings the doorbell. Earlier today someone knocked on the door and the ****ing dog went and ate one of my old cell phones...

DAMMIT :mad:

SoonerTerry
1/29/2007, 11:29 AM

You forgot wives and the elderly..

1stTimeCaller
1/29/2007, 11:55 AM
DAMMIT :mad:

I'll be able to get to a Post Office tomorrow morning.

Sorry bout the delay.

Osce0la
1/29/2007, 12:21 PM
eh...the dog didn't really eat the phone right? I don't know that I want it after you had to have the dog crap it out so that you could mail it ;)