PDA

View Full Version : Boot Knowledge Possesors

royalfan5
1/28/2007, 06:01 PM
Are Nocona and Tony Lama's really worth the extra money over the Durango and Acme's I have always worn. I'm in the market for a new pair of boots, and just looking for testamonials.

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 06:28 PM
I think it's more about how they fit your feet.

OUAndy1807
1/28/2007, 06:37 PM
how about buying some WORK boots and getting Wolverines.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:40 PM
Are Nocona and Tony Lama's really worth the extra money over the Durango and Acme's I have always worn. I'm in the market for a new pair of boots, and just looking for testamonials.

Tony Lama's are higher quality than Acme. Their worth the price. IMO

Newbomb Turk
1/28/2007, 06:41 PM
last time I bought cowboy boots, in the late 80's, the Vietnamese sales lady told me "Tony Lama - number 1 boot". That's all I got.

royalfan5
1/28/2007, 06:50 PM
how about buying some WORK boots and getting Wolverines.
I have work boots, I need dress boots because I don't wear traditional dress shoes.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:51 PM
I have work boots, I need dress boots because I don't wear traditional dress shoes.

Go with the Tony Lama's then. Definitely!

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2007, 06:51 PM
Dress boots?!?!? Damn boy, you got a whole lotta hillbilly in ya.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:53 PM

Oh no! Get a man dressed up in jeans with a nice pair of boots... Hot! Hot! Hot!

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2007, 06:55 PM
Hot! Hot! Hot!

http://www.rjistockcarsite.com/Bob's%20Site/buster.gif

royalfan5
1/28/2007, 06:57 PM
At least I don't wear overalls to Church like my Grandpa did.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.rjistockcarsite.com/Bob's%20Site/buster.gif

Not quite what I was thinking.... but okay. :P

1stTimeCaller
1/28/2007, 07:02 PM
I've never heard of Acme or Durango. I have a pair of Tony Lama, a few pair of Luchese, a few pair of Double H and a few pair of Justin boots. the Tony Lama and Luchese boots are very comfortable. Very. The Justin and Double H boots aren't bad. I'm a large fan of crepe soles but not all of my boots have them.

My Justin work boots are crap when compared to my Red Wing Pecos work boots.

soonerboomer93
1/28/2007, 07:12 PM
I bought me some Dunham, was going to get some red wings, or wolverines, but it turns out the Dunham's are made by New Balance and extremely comfortable. They didn't have them in extra wide, but even the normal ones are pretty comfortable

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2007, 07:16 PM
Seriously though - you should reconsider your 'no traditional dress shoes' stance. Most people are going to think you're a backwoods tardbilly if you show up to a dressy event in boots.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 07:19 PM
Seriously though - you should reconsider your 'no traditional dress shoes' stance. Most people are going to think you're a backwoods tardbilly if you show up to a dressy event in boots.

I beg to differ... we have "Black Tie and Boots" affairs down here all the time.

Okla-homey
1/28/2007, 07:20 PM

Blame it all on my roots,

I showed-up in boots,

To ruin your black-tie affair...;)

1stTimeCaller
1/28/2007, 07:21 PM

or a cowboy.

royalfan5
1/28/2007, 07:22 PM
I have a pair that I wear if I absolutely have to, but I prefer not to. Also my career path means that pretty much everyone I deal with will also be wearing boots, so that part doesn't really matter either.

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2007, 07:27 PM
I beg to differ... we have "Black Tie and Boots" affairs down here all the time.

Then I guess 'down there' is all full of backwoods tardbillies. :P

Okla-homey
1/28/2007, 07:29 PM
True story. I once had to attend this electronic warfare convention held in Atlanta on behalf of our weapon system. Anyhoo, this galio who was working the registration desk took a shine to me. She told me it was because I was wearing black Justin Ropers with my uneeform. We did that a lot back in the day. I coulda nailed her...but I didn't, because I'm a faithful tardbilly.

Of course, she could have been a Russian agent too, and therefore only used my sexy boots as a point of entry to get vital state secrets out of me.

TUSooner
1/28/2007, 07:31 PM
I almost got me a pair of boots when I was exiled up in OK in '05. Then I realized that I wear shorts about 9 months of the year. I have yet to see cowboy boots that look good with shorts. (No pictures, please.)

:)

Okla-homey
1/28/2007, 07:32 PM
I almost got me a pair of boots when I was exiled up in OK in '05. Then I realized that I wear shorts about 9 months of the year. I have yet to see cowboy boots that look good with shorts. (No pictures, please.)

:)

FWIW, Jessica Simpson pulls it off nicely.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 07:57 PM
Then I guess 'down there' is all full of backwoods tardbillies. :P

And I suppose KC, MO is the fashion capital of the world? Not! :P

I'd take the fashion sense of Dallas over KC anytime, my dear.

PS: You're just jealous because you don't own a pair of boots and women aren't clammering all over you. :)

soonerboomer93
1/28/2007, 07:59 PM
TU isn't Jessica Simpson

OUAndy1807
1/28/2007, 08:11 PM

PS: You're just jealous because you don't own a pair of boots and women aren't clammering all over you. :)
I was on the fence about if you were from a place with a lot of backwoods tardbillies, but now it's obvious that from a place full of yuppie wanna-be backwoods tardbillies.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 08:17 PM
I was on the fence about if you were from a place with a lot of backwoods tardbillies, but now it's obvious that from a place full of yuppie wanna-be backwoods tardbillies.

I'm from Oklahoma... just transplanted in Dallas.

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2007, 08:21 PM

KCMO isn't much for fashion... but I did live in Minneap... uhh, never mind. :O

You're right that I don't own any boots though - not for 31 years now. Ever since I was old enough to know better. ;)

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 08:53 PM
KCMO isn't much for fashion... but I did live in Minneap... uhh, never mind. :O

You're right that I don't own any boots though - not for 31 years now. Ever since I was old enough to know better. ;)

You need to change your mind. Just ask Buster Poindexter. ;)

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2007, 08:58 PM
I'm from Oklahoma... just transplanted in Dallas.

Yeah, one more! We're gonna outnumber the whorns yet!

VeeJay
1/28/2007, 09:31 PM
A gal (not a girlfriend, as in...you know...) once told me that boots are "an attitude." This was in Virginia, of all places.

My problem is, I'm a tall sumbitch already. With boots, I feel like I'm 6'8" or something.

I like my boots, but when I take 'em off my feet are awful sweaty.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 09:43 PM
A gal (not a girlfriend, as in...you know...) once told me that boots are "an attitude." This was in Virginia, of all places.

My problem is, I'm a tall sumbitch already. With boots, I feel like I'm 6'8" or something.

I like my boots, but when I take 'em off my feet are awful sweaty.

Try wearing ropers. They don't have much of a heel, but boy do the look goood with a nice pair of jeans.... preferably 501 buttonflies. Yum!

VeeJay
1/28/2007, 10:00 PM
How you doin'?

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 10:03 PM
How you doin'?

Just don't go commando and you'll be alright! :D

VeeJay
1/28/2007, 10:04 PM
;)

Boarder
1/28/2007, 10:27 PM
My little brother is an actual cowboy person and claims the current cool thing is Rios Mercedes. They're squared off at the toe. Go with that.