PDA

View Full Version : Recruitniks please respond... Who's left that we REALLY want?

soonerboy_odanorth
1/28/2007, 01:53 PM
Just guessing from what I can put together from Rivals:

1. Lennon Creer RB
2. Frank Alexander DE
3. Christian Scott DB

What are our chances? Any insight you can give on leans, likelyhood or other names is greatly appreciated...

MojoRisen
1/28/2007, 02:27 PM
4. Sam Proctor Ath- Roy back ??

BASSooner
1/28/2007, 02:38 PM
what about lennon's teammate, darnius?

The Consumate Showman
1/28/2007, 05:45 PM
1.)If we get Creer and Darnius Moore, JUMP for joy...all of you. Dez Bryant committed to LosuR this weekend, so we could take another WR.

2.) If we get Frank Alexander, rejoice as well. We are fighting an uphill battle for him now though since he is at super bowl weekend at Miami.

3.)If we land Chrisitan Scott, I'll fall O V E R. I think he's gone to LSloser.

4.) We could take another OLineman in Alex Williams and maybe try to get back his teammate, Stradford.

IMO:
*I think we probably get Alex Williams.

*Possibly William Cole from Cedar Ridge HS in Tx.

*Long shot is Creer and Moore. Bama may make a run at them both late and Tenn isn't out of it yet.

*We could always save some scholarships for next year's class as well. Oklahoma is going to have a BEVY of great talent next year and we are getting some heavy leans on about 6-7 of the top 10 already; and I won't even mention the top 100 in Tx...If we win the RRS and sweep the Tx schools...WHEW!

snp
1/28/2007, 06:01 PM
I'm not too sure about some of them, well all of them really, but here's my list.

Alex Williams – OT Originally Ole Miss commit who is considering between OU, MSU and FSU has an outside shot. He never made the visit to FSU otherwise this would setup perfectly for a February snag by Bowden. He says he’s confused and doesn’t mind leaving the South, but that’s rarely the case for southern kids. OU has little depth at OT, but what they do have is all really young.
Darnius Moore – WR Teammate of Creer and looks to be favoring OU over Tennessee and Oklahoma State. With 2 recent WR targets decommiting from OU, he looks to be one of two top WR targets.
Sam Proctor - OU. Safety Should be announcing in the next few days.
Lennon Creer – RB It’s come down to OU and Tennessee again. He’s also talking to Alabama but they might’ve gotten in a little late. OU is leading right now and should be theirs to lose. Tennesse has 4 other RBs signed and several athletes who may get a look at RB as well.
David Anderson - DE Just got in on him. Checking out Louisville, KSU. Favors UL.
Tyler Stradford - WR Should know soon if he's back to OU or not.
William Cole - WR
Von Miller - DE/MLB Don't have much info on him. I'm guessing Texas A&M.
Frank Alexander - DE Checking out Miami for the Super Bowl, not really sure about him.

The Consumate Showman
1/28/2007, 06:32 PM
William Cole - WR

Just got back from a visit to LosuR this weekend.

snp
1/28/2007, 08:58 PM
Right. And Fran visited his house Thursday and NU is into this kid. Arkansas has a former teammate of his and they are pursuing this kid as well.

OSUAggie
1/28/2007, 09:57 PM
Cole has apparently told people back home that he is going to OSU. His dad and coach want him to take another visit. If he visits OU, I'll bet OU gets the commit. If not, OSU will probably get it. Proctor told LSU coaches he was going to commit to OU.

Also, Moore didn't sound too excited about his visit to OSU, so I don't think OSU will end up with that commit. It sounds like he's Stoops' for the taking.

snp
1/28/2007, 10:28 PM
I could see those 3 turning out that way. I'd rather take Cole over Moore, but landing Moore could get Creer which would be a nice trade off.

OSUAggie
1/28/2007, 10:47 PM
Yah, Creer's situation has been weird, to say the least. No telling where he'll end up. I haven't heard about him wanting to follow Moore quite as much lately as I did 5 months ago. However, I don't know that OU really needs a RB commit this year. Unless they're looking for more DB's.

The Consumate Showman
1/28/2007, 11:06 PM
If Creer can play with our current RB's then we take him, that's why we've been on him so hard this year...it's because our coaches think he can play with the RB's we have now. If we get Creer, that will be nice...very nice.

TTYTTT, I'm more excited about Harrison Jeffers for '08's class. Boy can R U N.

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:20 AM
Anybody know how many scholies we'll have next year, assuming we give out 2 more this year & nobody jumps to the NFL next year?

Rhino
1/29/2007, 12:29 AM
We'll get Proctor and Williams.

I'm optimistic about Stradford, Moore & Creer.

I'm not as optimistic about Alexander, Cole or Scott.

Miller is a long-shot.

Corley and Davis would shock me if they didn't both end up at Bama.

The Broyles talk is just space-cadety.

Mjcpr
1/29/2007, 10:33 AM
Proctor has committed according to OUInsider.

snp
1/29/2007, 01:08 PM
Yup. It's official now.

jdsooner
1/29/2007, 01:20 PM
Rivals shows that we have Proctor and also Ryan Broyles changed from orange and black to crimson and cream!

Rook65
1/29/2007, 01:49 PM
The Broyles talk is just space-cadety.

:confused:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 03:19 PM
Space Cadet has a pretty good cover of Let's Go by the Cars. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with this thread but there you go...

Rhino
1/29/2007, 03:20 PM
It's pretty insane considering the front he was putting up last night. He flat out said there was no way he was going to switch his commitment.

Good for us though.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/30/2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the input, guys.