PDA

View Full Version : Sidell Corley, Sr. on Les Miles

LSUdeek
1/28/2007, 12:31 AM
"LSU is way up there for Sidell now," Sidell Corley Sr. said Saturday. "He's looking at Oklahoma and Alabama, but LSU is looking real good."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070127/SPORTS0202/301270008/1001

The elder Corley also said he and his son were blown away by LSU coach Les Miles, whose soft approach worked.

"If the Florida coach was like Les Miles we probably wouldn't have de-committed," Corley Sr. said. "His integrity is unbelievable. After Sidell committed to Florida several weeks ago, Les left him alone. He stayed in contact, but he left us alone. I love that. That's huge."

Tony Jones, Phelon Jones' father also had good things to say:

JBut what people in Louisiana need to know is what they've got in Les Miles. That man has got integrity. And he's a winner. My son could go to any college in the country, but he was so impressed with Les Miles. The state of Louisiana should be excited to have Les Miles."

Soonerus
1/28/2007, 12:36 AM
Is Sidell also brain-damaged ???

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/28/2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070127/SPORTS0202/301270008/1001

Tony Jones, Phelon Jones' father also had good things to say:Saban looming larger and larger on the horizon...OH,NO, SABAN'S HERE...buh bye, recruit!

LSUdeek
1/28/2007, 12:48 AM
Is Sidell also brain-damaged ???

Must be, cause he's spent a lot of time talking to Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops....

yunno, 3 coaches that have won national championships... and looks to be leaning towards...gasp... LSU!!!

The horror!

Soonerus
1/28/2007, 12:59 AM
You know the saying "birds of a feather...." Les was confirmed with brain damage while he was in Oklahoma...

Rhino
1/28/2007, 02:13 AM
So, why did you bother to post that?

King Crimson
1/28/2007, 04:59 AM
les miles=integrity.

LSUdeek
1/28/2007, 08:29 AM
So, why did you bother to post that?

mostly cause Sidell is an OU recruit

1/28/2007, 12:56 PM
mostly cause Sidell is an OU recruitTurn around...THERE'S SABAN-OMG!

bixby28
1/28/2007, 03:25 PM
I'm a big Sooner football fan. With that being said, aside from being a 'horn, Mack Brown seems to be a likeable guy. I don't like Texas, to put it lightly, but i can say I don't have much against Mack.

Les 'Let 'r Rip' Miles is another story... i can't find much to like about the man. He was a clown here at OSU and he's a clown at LSU.

BASSooner
1/28/2007, 04:43 PM
actually I've heard from a LOT of people that mack brown is a complete d*ck as a person.

bixby28
1/28/2007, 05:59 PM
actually I've heard from a LOT of people that mack brown is a complete d*ck as a person.

You could be right. From a fan's perspective, it's tough to see an a** like personality that is so obvious with Let 'r Rip Miles.

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:29 AM
Miles is an absolute jack-***. If he'd stay at oswho, they'd be on probation by now. He got some talent, but but many were low class citizens that would've got in trouble. Now he's at a better football school, getting better talent, but I suspect that given enough rope, his recuits may eventually hang him......at least we can hope so! Then again that's just my opinion.:cool:

1/29/2007, 12:59 AM
Miles is an absolute jack-***. If he'd stay at oswho, they'd be on probation by now. He got some talent, but but many were low class citizens that would've got in trouble. Now he's at a better football school, getting better talent, but I suspect that given enough rope, his recuits may eventually hang him......at least we can hope so! Then again that's just my opinion.:cool: They're all gonna transfer to Bammer(those that Saban wants) and pore old Tiger-baits will be left a-slidin' down the levee.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 09:56 AM
Lester is just finishing what Katrina started....

Eauxkie Tiger
1/29/2007, 10:02 AM
Lester is just finishing what Katrina started....
Hey moron,
At least get creative and don't plagarize idiot Chicago Bears fans.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 10:05 AM
Hey moron,
At least get creative and don't plagarize idiot Chicago Bears fans.

I actually used that phrase before the NFC championship game but I don't think I'll do the Aggie thing and sue them..

Spek....not good....but spek nonetheless

LSUdeek
1/29/2007, 12:34 PM
They're all gonna transfer to Bammer(those that Saban wants) and pore old Tiger-baits will be left a-slidin' down the levee.

Phelon Jones, whoops
Will Blackwell, whoops

There's 2 already that prove ya wrong

LSUdeek
1/29/2007, 12:36 PM
I guess if Les would've sucked on Bob's sausage and said things like "There's no way we could possibly stay on the field with the greatest team of all time, OU" in 2003 instead of "One of these teams is #1 and the other is a pretender, we'll find out which is which" then he wouldn't be nearly as hated around here.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 12:48 PM
I guess if Les would've sucked on Bob's sausage and said things like "There's no way we could possibly stay on the field with the greatest team of all time, OU" in 2003 instead of "One of these teams is #1 and the other is a pretender, we'll find out which is which" then he wouldn't be nearly as hated around here.

I don't think he is hated so much as he is laughed at for being an azz-clown. When properly medicated I'm sure he can be trained to go on the paper.

1/29/2007, 01:19 PM
I sorta like Bammer better than the tigerbates too. It will be fun watching the squawking and screeching fight between those two.

LSUdeek
1/29/2007, 04:28 PM
I don't think he is hated so much as he is laughed at for being an azz-clown. When properly medicated I'm sure he can be trained to go on the paper.

Look at Bruce Pearl at Tennessee. This is Stoolwater we're talking about. The coach has to do stupid things in order to drum up interest in his program.

Now that Boone State is building gazillion dollar facilities, Gumby can afford to play it straitlaced.

OU_Sooners75
1/29/2007, 06:29 PM
The elder Corley also said he and his son were blown away by LSU coach Les Miles, whose soft approach worked.

"If the Florida coach was like Les Miles we probably wouldn't have de-committed," Corley Sr. said. "His integrity is unbelievable. After Sidell committed to Florida several weeks ago, Les left him alone. He stayed in contact, but he left us alone. I love that. That's huge."

LMFAO!

Les Smiles and Integrity does not belong in the same sentence!!!

insuranceman_22
1/30/2007, 12:07 AM
Look at Bruce Pearl at Tennessee. This is Stoolwater we're talking about. The coach has to do stupid things in order to drum up interest in his program.

Now that Boone State is building gazillion dollar facilities, Gumby can afford to play it straitlaced.

You've got a point there with Gumby in Booneville. But keep in mind even if you put a turd in a nice 2 piece suite, it's still a piece of **** ie... leslie miles....

SoonerFah
1/30/2007, 07:13 PM
Somebody needs to post the postgame rant of ol Integrity itself from the 2004 OU-OSU game. The one where he swore "he'd take this team around and play any sucker out there!"... then promptly left for LSU.:D

Harry Beanbag
1/30/2007, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_XhSybFNs

He's proof that being a good football coach and a raving lunatic are not mutually exclusive.

insuranceman_22
1/30/2007, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_XhSybFNs

He's proof that being a good football coach and a raving lunatic are not mutually exclusive.

Here you do Deek - here's your boy! At least you can barely see the drool when he talks.

LSUdeek
1/31/2007, 12:11 AM
Here you do Deek - here's your boy! At least you can barely see the drool when he talks.

I've seen similarly eloquent clips while he's been at LSU. The man isn't ever going to teach classes on public speaking.

insuranceman_22
1/31/2007, 12:24 AM
Okay, I tried to bait you there. I don't like him one bit, but he can coach a team, gotta give him that!

Jello Biafra
1/31/2007, 12:37 AM

i don't guess many have too much against ole lester......

people need to "know their role" in life and the fact that HE hasn't figured out that he is a second class head coach yet is what most people hate about him. think about it.....what has HE actually done as the captain of his own ship???what has H E done to warrant the holier than thou attitude? so, he beat stoops and ummm there's...... uhhhh. yeh. got nothing. don't even try to claim miamuh. they have been on the downward spiral for the last couple of years now. the only thing the loss in bowl game showed was exactly how overated they were.......

the only difference between him and coach fran is the years as a head coach and opportunity. trust me dirk err dick errr deek, when meatchicken comes calling, you guys will be dropped like a nasty coonass sexing habit.

1/31/2007, 12:57 AM

people need to "know their role" in life and the fact that HE hasn't figured out that he is a second class head coach yet is what most people hate about him. think about it.....what has HE actually done as the captain of his own ship???what has H E done to warrant the holier than thou attitude? so, he beat stoops and ummm there's...... uhhhh. yeh. got nothing. don't even try to claim miamuh. they have been on the downward spiral for the last couple of years now. the only thing the loss in bowl game showed was exactly how overated they were.......

the only difference between him and coach fran is the years as a head coach and opportunity. trust me dirk err dick errr deek, when meatchicken comes calling, you guys will be dropped like a nasty coonass sexing habit.Who be meatchicken? Could it be those gator fellas?

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2007, 06:07 AM
Who be meatchicken? Could it be those gator fellas?

Michigan

Bourbon St Sooner
1/31/2007, 10:08 AM
What makes Leslie shady is his conduct at osu, not anything he said in a press conference. He brought in every scumbag thug that would help him win some football games and get the hell out of there before the **** hit the fan. That's why Gundy had to kick 11 guys off the team in his first 6 months on the job.

I hope he does go to Michigan. They deserve him. Not to say that lsu doesn't.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/31/2007, 10:52 AM
What makes Leslie shady is his conduct at osu, not anything he said in a press conference. He brought in every scumbag thug that would help him win some football games and get the hell out of there before the **** hit the fan. That's why Gundy had to kick 11 guys off the team in his first 6 months on the job.

Bullseye

"His intergrity is unbelievable" That sort of can be taken 2 ways.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2007, 11:02 AM
who is this kid expected to end up signing with?

LSUdeek
1/31/2007, 02:04 PM

people need to "know their role" in life and the fact that HE hasn't figured out that he is a second class head coach yet is what most people hate about him. think about it.....what has HE actually done as the captain of his own ship???what has H E done to warrant the holier than thou attitude? so, he beat stoops and ummm there's...... uhhhh. yeh. got nothing.

Right. So, OU fans wanted him to suck Bob's sausage. Got it. "Know your role", lmao.

7-5 and 9-3 seasons at Boone State ought to get him a statue built.

don't even try to claim miamuh. they have been on the downward spiral for the last couple of years now. the only thing the loss in bowl game showed was exactly how overated they were.......

Where did I say he's accomplished anything of significance?

the only difference between him and coach fran is the years as a head coach and opportunity. trust me dirk err dick errr deek, when meatchicken comes calling, you guys will be dropped like a nasty coonass sexing habit.

There are some who would not be altogether sad when/if this were to happen. He has a huge buyout clause in his contract for UM tho...

LSUdeek
1/31/2007, 02:06 PM

He did what he had to do to win at oSu. Again, now that Boone State is spending hundreds of millions on facilities, Gumby might not have to do such things.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/31/2007, 02:54 PM
This space mysteriously left blank.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2007, 04:42 PM
7-5 and 9-3 seasons at Boone State ought to get him a statue built.

You're right. Here it is...

http://milov.nl/photos/020428_statue.jpg

insuranceman_22
1/31/2007, 11:39 PM
deek - you deserve leslie, let me know what you think in another yr or two. As for him sucking Stoop's sausage, I don't think Bob's into that kind of deal, leslie left oklahoma for the coonass boys to get his sausage play.....

Cam
2/1/2007, 10:21 PM
Les left him alone. He stayed in contact, but he left us alone.
That's not contradictory, at all. :rolleyes:

I'm betting it had more to do with recruiting regulations rather than Les' supposed integrity. JMHO.

insuranceman_22
2/2/2007, 12:01 AM
Nice point Cam

LSUdeek
2/2/2007, 01:38 PM
That's not contradictory, at all. :rolleyes:

I'm betting it had more to do with recruiting regulations rather than Les' supposed integrity. JMHO.

I'm sorry that I have to explain this to you, but here is what he means:

Les kept in touch to find out how the kid was doing, but did not press him to visit, commit, or consider LSU while he was verballed to Florida.

Cam
2/2/2007, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry that I have to explain this to you, but here is what he means:

Les kept in touch to find out how the kid was doing, but did not press him to visit, commit, or consider LSU while he was verballed to Florida.
I'm not sorry to explain this to you.

You have your opinion, I have mine. My guess is that you give about as much care about mine as I do yours.

I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting regulations, nothing at all.

LSUdeek
2/2/2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not sorry to explain this to you.
:D

You have your opinion, I have mine. My guess is that you give about as much care about mine as I do yours.

Good guess

I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting regulations, nothing at all.

Why would a recruit's father go out of the way to say all this?

KingDavid
2/2/2007, 08:52 PM
Whatever bad things you might have to say about Les Miles - and perhaps there are reasons to say some of those bad things - I think we can all agree on this:

Les Miles has as much or more integrity than any other coach in college football with absolutely no integrity.

I know, for myself at least, that I can say that much without any reservations at all.

jdsooner
2/3/2007, 11:16 AM
The one thing that osu fans and I agree on is that we don't like Lester Miles.

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2007, 11:21 AM
Does anybody else find it disturbing how much deek talks about sucking on Bob's sausage?

Seamus
2/3/2007, 03:49 PM
Does anybody else find it disturbing how much deek talks about sucking on Bob's sausage?

... says the man with the moniker Harry Beanbag ... ;)

trwxxa
2/4/2007, 05:07 PM
FWIW, Corley committed to LSU today.