PDA

View Full Version : John F. Kerry, doing what he does best yet again...

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 08:25 PM
And this time he does it while hanging with a leader of a nation that is killing our men and women in uniform, and even signing autographs for him.

DAVOS, Switzerland - Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry slammed the foreign policy of the Bush administration on Saturday, saying it has caused the United States to become "a sort of international pariah."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/ap_on_go_co/world_forum_kerry;_ylt=AkTNHUg4GkM2Df6vIQyUPbbMWM0 F;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3569/kerrykhatamido2.jpg
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20070127KerryinDavos01.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070127/capt.vm10101271047.switzerland_world_economic_foru m_vm101.jpg

OU-HSV
1/27/2007, 08:32 PM
He's a jackass sore loser. That is all.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 08:34 PM
He really must be brain dead...

“When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don’t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy,” Kerry said.

BTW, he voted against kyoto.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 08:41 PM
Oh, and while John F. Kerry was in Europe putting down his country with a nutzo Iranian leader, Iran was speeding along with its manhattan project.

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran is currently installing 3,000 centrifuges at a uranium enrichment plant, an Iranian lawmaker said Saturday, a day after a senior U.S. diplomat warned that the country’s plans to accelerate its nuclear program “would be a major miscalculation.”
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 08:47 PM
What the hell is John Kerry doing at a World Economics forum? What does he know about economics other than marrying a wealthy crazy woman?

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe he got stuk (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-kerrystuckiniraq.htm) there.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 09:21 PM
Maybe he got stuk (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-kerrystuckiniraq.htm) there.

That was absolutely the best! God Bless Our Military!

GrapevineSooner
1/27/2007, 09:23 PM
Kerry just doesn't come off as being that smart.

Jerk
1/27/2007, 09:35 PM
Well, at least it wasn't Bill Clinton. He probably would have made a deal to exchange ballistic missile guidance technology in exchange for a campaign donation.

:pop:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/27/2007, 09:36 PM
Kerry just doesn't come off as being that pro-American.fixed.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 09:42 PM
Well, at least it wasn't Bill Clinton. He probably would have made a deal to exchange ballistic missile guidance technology in exchange for a campaign donation.

He already did that with the Chinese when he was running for President.

OKC-SLC
1/27/2007, 09:56 PM

SleestakSooner
1/27/2007, 09:57 PM
http://tropicalboy.m6blog.fr/images/medium_true-lies.jpg

Kerry is a senator for one of the wealthiest states in America and has every right to be there representing the US and our interests. Just because you don't agree with his opinions I guess he should stfu and not have one. Kinda like over in the motherland? Good way to get yourself poisoned while out of the country...

Jerk
1/27/2007, 10:01 PM
Kerry is a senator for one of the wealthiest states in America and has every right to be there representing the US and our interests. Just because you don't agree with his opinions I guess he should stfu and not have one. Kinda like over in the motherland? Good way to get yourself poisoned while out of the country...

If Bush lied, then so did Clinton. It was in 1998 or so when the Clinton Administration put forth a policy of regime change in Iraq, partly based on their belief that he had WMD.

Many Dems voted for Enduring Freedom in 2002/2003, including Hillary.

Don't believe me? Tuba has all of the documentation.

Jerk
1/27/2007, 10:07 PM
Also, Slees, there is a decent chance that 4 American servicemen were murdered in Iraq by Iranian ops posing as US troops.

The Karbala attack and the IRGC
By Bill Roggio on January 26, 2007

The Iranians may be responsible the conducting the attack that resulted in the murder of five American soldiers in Karbala

On January 20th, a team of twelve men disguised as U.S. soldiers entered the Provincial Joint Coordination Center in Karbala, where U.S. soldiers conducted a meeting with local officials, and attacked and killed five soldiers, and wounded another three. The initial reports indicated the five were killed in the Karbala JCC, however the U.S. military has reported that four of those killed were actually removed from the center, handcuffed, and murdered.

The American Forces Information Service provides the details of the attack in Karbala. Based on the sophisticated nature of the raid, as well as the response, or cryptic non-responses, from multiple military and intelligence sources, this raid appears to have been directed and executed by the Qods Force branch of the Iranian Republican Guard Corps. My sources agreed this is far to sophisticated an operation for the Mahdi Army or Badr Corps, while al-Qaeda in Iraq would have a difficult time mounting such an operation in the Shia south. "The Karbala Government Center raid the other day was a little too professional for JAM [Jaish al-Mahdi, or the Mahdi Army]," according to a military source.

This raid required specific intelligence, in depth training for the agents to pass as American troops, resources to provide for weapons, vehicles, uniforms, identification, radios and other items needed to successfully carry out the mission. Hezbollah's Imad Mugniyah executed a similar attack against Israeli forces on the Lebanese border, which initiated the Hezbollah-Israeli war during the summer of 2006.

The details from the Karbala raid from AFIS:

"The precision of the attack, the equipment used and the possible use of explosives to destroy the military vehicles in the compound suggests that the attack was well rehearsed prior to execution," said Army Lt. Col. Scott Bleichwehl, spokesman for Multinational Division Baghdad. "The attackers went straight to where Americans were located in the provincial government facility, bypassing the Iraqi police in the compound."

At about 5 p.m. that day, a convoy consisting of at least five sport utility vehicles entered the Karbala compound and about 12 armed militants attacked the American troops with rifle fire and hand grenades, officials said.

One soldier was killed and three others wounded by a hand grenade thrown into the center's main office. Other explosions within the compound destroyed three Humvees.

The attackers withdrew with four captured U.S. soldiers and drove out of the Karbala province into the neighboring Babil province. Iraqi police began trailing the assailants after they drew suspicion at a checkpoint.

Three soldiers were found dead and one fatally wounded, along with five abandoned vehicles, near the town of Mahawil. Two were found handcuffed together in the back of one of the vehicles. The other two were found nearby on the ground. One soldier was found alive but died en route to a nearby hospital. All suffered from gunshot wounds.

Also recovered at the site were U.S. Army-type combat uniforms, boots, radios and a non-U.S. made rifle, officials said.

Mahawil is in Babil province, about 27 miles directly west of Karbala. While it is impossible to prove, the attackers may have been making a bee-line towards the Iranian border.

The Karbala raid makes sense in light of the U.S. raids on the Iranian diplomatic missions in Baghdad and Irbil, where Iranian Qods Force agents were captured, along with documentation that divulged Iran's involvement with and support of Shia death squads, the Sunni insurgent, and al-Qaeda in Iraq and Ansar al-Sunnah. Five Iranians from the Irbil raid are still in U.S. custody, and captured U.S. soldiers would provide for excellent bargaining chips

IF it is confirmed that Iran's Qods Force was responsible, the news that the United States has authorized the death or captured of Iranian agents inside Iraq, as well as in Afghanistan and Lebanon makes all the more sense.

Courtesy of The Fourth Rail (http://billroggio.com/archives/2007/01/the_karbala_attack_a.php)

And your boy Kerry was overseas jerking off the aminutjob and criticizing our President. Of course people have the right to be critical of our gov't, but don't do it on foriegn soil in the presence of the enemy.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:10 PM

He's also the Senator from one of the highest taxed states in the country.

Yeah, he has a right to express his opinion... but in my opinion he doesn't have the right to hang out with one of our enemies. No telling what kind of crap deals he's trying to make with him.

As far as representing the US and our interests... that needs to be left up to the President and his administration. No matter who's in office, I don't think that a member of congress should go off to other countries setting up deals that go against what the administration is trying to do. Sets a bad tone IMO.

Scott D
1/27/2007, 10:13 PM
Somehow I remember someone on this forum saying that Iran was a bigger threat, and would take full advantage of our attempt of nation building in Iraq...but I don't know who might have suggested such a thing.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:13 PM

I wonder if any US Senator went overseas during WW2 or the cold war and hung out with one of their leaders while comdemning his own nation?

Jerk
1/27/2007, 10:14 PM
He's also the Senator from one of the highest taxed states in the country.

Yeah, he has a right to express his opinion... but in my opinion he doesn't have the right to hang out with one of our enemies. No telling what kind of crap deals he's trying to make with him.

As far as representing the US and our interests... that needs to be left up to the President and his administration. No matter who's in office, I don't think that a member of congress should go off to other countries setting up deals that go against what the administration is trying to do. Sets a bad tone IMO.

You're going to fit right in here. :texan:

jacru
1/27/2007, 10:15 PM
Kerry is a senator for one of the wealthiest states in America......and only has the right to represent Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate not the U.S. abroad.

Jerk
1/27/2007, 10:15 PM
Somehow I remember someone on this forum saying that Iran was a bigger threat, and would take full advantage of our attempt of nation building in Iraq...but I don't know who might have suggested such a thing.

DOleMite?

SleestakSooner
1/27/2007, 10:16 PM
World Economic Forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum) according to Wikipedia...

The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Geneva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva)-based foundation whose annual meeting of top business leaders, national political leaders (presidents, prime ministers and others), and selected intellectuals and journalists is usually held in Davos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davos), Switzerland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland). There are also regional meetings throughout the year. It was founded in 1971 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971) by Klaus M. Schwab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_M._Schwab), a business professor in Switzerland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland).

I wonder who it was that sent Kerry to the WEF meeting this year. My guess is either the president or someone in his administration.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:17 PM
[I]The Iranians may be responsible the conducting the attack that resulted in the murder of five American soldiers in Karbala

No wonder Kerry wanted to give him an autograph.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:22 PM
World Economic Forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum) according to Wikipedia...

I wonder who it was that sent Kerry to the WEF meeting this year. My guess is either the president or someone in his administration.

Why would the Bush or anyone in his administration want to send a liberal Democrat who's against their policies to the World Economic Forum and mingle with the enemy? Doesn't make sense... but feel free to enlighten me.

SleestakSooner
1/27/2007, 10:24 PM
It seems that a Senate Delegation is usually present at this annual meeting.

Tim Adams US Undersecretary of the Treasury
for International Affairs
Kay Bailey Hutchison Senator from Texas (Republican)
Samuel W. Bodman US Secretary of Energy
Maria Cantwell Senator from Washington (Democrat),
Saxby Chambliss Senator from Georgia (Republican),
Elaine L. Chao US Secretary of Labor
Michael Chertoff US Secretary of Homeland Security
Jon Corzine Governor of New Jersey
Dianne Feinstein Senator from California (Democrat),
Barney Frank Congressman from Massachusetts
Mike Johanns US Secretary of Agriculture
John F. Kerry Senator from Massachusetts (Democrat)
Robert M. Kimmitt US Deputy Secretary of the Treasury
Annette La Porte Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Patrick J. Leahy Senator from Vermont (Democrat)
Sander M. Levin Congressman from Michigan
John Lipsky International Monetary Fund (IMF),
Trent Lott Senator from Mississippi (Republican),
Edward J. Markey Congressman from Massachusetts
Kevin J. Martin Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
Mel Martinez Senator from Florida (Republican)
John McCain Senator from Arizona (Republican),
Luis A. Moreno President, Inter-American
Development Bank
Fabian Núñez Speaker of the California State Assembly
Deborah Platt Majoras Chairman, Federal Trade Commission,
Dina H. Powell US Deputy Undersecretary of State
Susan Schwab US Trade Representative
Christopher Shays Congressman from Connecticut (Republican)
Josette Sheeran US Undersecretary of State
Gordon H. Smith Senator from Oregon (Republican),
Lars Thunell International Finance Corporation
Ann M. Veneman UNICEF
Mark R. Warner Governor of Virginia (2002-2006)
Paul D. Wolfowitz President, World Bank

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:24 PM
Heh, yes, its OUR fault that Iran is killing Americans and Iraqis. :twinkies:

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:25 PM
It seems that a Senate Delegation is usually present at this annual meeting.

Tim Adams US Undersecretary of the Treasury
for International Affairs
Kay Bailey Hutchison Senator from Texas (Republican)
Samuel W. Bodman US Secretary of Energy
Maria Cantwell Senator from Washington (Democrat),
Saxby Chambliss Senator from Georgia (Republican),
Elaine L. Chao US Secretary of Labor
Michael Chertoff US Secretary of Homeland Security
Jon Corzine Governor of New Jersey
Dianne Feinstein Senator from California (Democrat),
Mike Johanns US Secretary of Agriculture
John F. Kerry Senator from Massachusetts (Democrat)
Robert M. Kimmitt US Deputy Secretary of the Treasury
Annette La Porte Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Patrick J. Leahy Senator from Vermont (Democrat)
Sander M. Levin Congressman from Michigan
John Lipsky International Monetary Fund (IMF),
Trent Lott Senator from Mississippi (Republican),
Edward J. Markey Congressman from Massachusetts
Kevin J. Martin Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
Mel Martinez Senator from Florida (Republican)
John McCain Senator from Arizona (Republican),
Luis A. Moreno President, Inter-American
Development Bank
Fabian Núñez Speaker of the California State Assembly
Deborah Platt Majoras Chairman, Federal Trade Commission,
Dina H. Powell US Deputy Undersecretary of State
Susan Schwab US Trade Representative
Christopher Shays Congressman from Connecticut (Republican)
Josette Sheeran US Undersecretary of State
Gordon H. Smith Senator from Oregon (Republican),
Lars Thunell International Finance Corporation
Ann M. Veneman UNICEF
Mark R. Warner Governor of Virginia (2002-2006)
Paul D. Wolfowitz President, World Bank

And yet an Iranian madman gets face time and an autograph with only one US Senator.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:28 PM

I do believe we have a Kool-Aid drinker here. :)

SleestakSooner
1/27/2007, 10:28 PM
And yet an Iranian madman gets face time and an autograph with only one US Senator.

... or perhaps the media hype over this particular senator has caused the cameras to be trained on him.

Jumping to hasty conclusions based on limited evidence seems to be a strong trait from the right side of the aisle.:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
1/27/2007, 10:30 PM
:confused:

Wasn't that guy a pretty moderate leader? Didn't he attempt to move Iran towards a democracy?

Everyone realizes he isn't the current crackpot leader of Iran, right?

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:31 PM

Knowing Kerry and his politics... he's probably signing our lives away.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:32 PM
Wow.

"... and Americans have an unfortunate habit of seeing the world and other people exclusively through an American lens. And Judging their aspirations through that lens."

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:33 PM
You're going to fit right in here. :texan:

Thanks! I do hold my own at times. :)

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:34 PM
... or perhaps the media hype over this particular senator has caused the cameras to be trained on him.

Jumping to hasty conclusions based on limited evidence seems to be a strong trait from the right side of the aisle.:rolleyes:

Heh, limited evidence.

When press accounts and pictures just aren't enough for you. hahaha.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:36 PM

Wasn't that guy a pretty moderate leader? Didn't he attempt to move Iran towards a democracy?

Maybe you should read up on this "pretty moderate leader".

Just a hint, he wholly supports the destruction of not only all jews, but you and me as well.

And he is representing a nation that is currently murdering our troops in Iraq, and killing countless other Americans since 1979,suporting more terrorists groups in the world than any other nation, and trying to build nukes at the same time.

But nm any of that. Its all "media hype"

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 10:39 PM

I don't think any of the leaders in Iran want to move that country towards democracy. They want to gain control of Iraq and become more of a threat to the US and our allies.

Mjcpr
1/27/2007, 10:39 PM

Just a hint, he wholly supports the destruction of not only all jews, but you and me as well.

And he is representing a nation that is currently murdering our troops in Iraq, and killing countless other Americans since 1979,suporting more terrorists groups in the world than any other nation, and trying to build nukes at the same time.

I realize where the current regime stands on those issues but my recollection of that dude was that he was pretty moderate (as in, not a radical Islamist) and was steering Iran toward a democracy before the current crackpot came along.

But I don't follow that kind of thing as closely as you do, so I'm sure I missed something.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:40 PM
Knowing Kerry and his politics... he's probably signing our lives away.

I wonder if he didn't sign it, before he signed it?

SleestakSooner
1/27/2007, 10:42 PM
I would like to see the atricle that states Kerry was "signing an autograph" for the "nutzo Iranian leader"
or that none of the other senators attending this forum met with or shook hands with the same fellow as you have implied.

It is good to be informed, but usually only when you have all the facts are you able to make an informed opinion.

I think I will drop this line of thought for the remainder of this evening and go grab myself another glass of koolaid.

night folks :D

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:43 PM
I realize where the current regime stands on those issues but my recollection of that dude was that he was pretty moderate (as in, not a radical Islamist) and was steering Iran toward a democracy before the current crackpot came along.

But I don't follow that kind of thing as closely as you do, so I'm sure I missed something.

No, he wasn't trying to do that. He has no power as he is just a mouthpeice for the mullah.

What he was doing was speaking nicely and making the euros feel good while trying to build nukes and arming hezbollah to one day over run Isreal and recreate the holocaust.

He just had more tact than the current ******* figurehead had.

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2007, 10:47 PM
I would like to see the atricle that states Kerry was "signing an autograph" for the "nutzo Iranian leader"

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20070127KerryinDavos02.jpg

Heh, when pictures and visual evidence just aren't enough. hahahaha.

Jerk
1/27/2007, 11:07 PM

Obviously doctored by the Haliburton fark machine, you dumb neo-con!

1/27/2007, 11:08 PM

:pop:If the guy is schmoozing our leftist politicians, then he's to be given a free pass, no?

Widescreen
1/28/2007, 01:17 AM
Why do Democrats find it acceptable to go overseas and slam America? Jimmy Carter was the poster boy but it seems he has a challenger to the throne. That's rich - America the international pariah, while having some one-on-one time with the ex-Iranian president.

AlbqSooner
1/28/2007, 07:02 AM
...and only has the right to represent Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate not the U.S. abroad.
Yeah! Who does he think he is; Jesse Jackson?

VeeJay
1/28/2007, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=SleestakSooner]It seems that a Senate Delegation is usually present at this annual meeting.

Barney was there? Methinks there was more going on than just talk about economics.

"Hey, Imam...is that a shoulder-fired missile launcher under your robe or are you glad to see me?"

walkoffsooner
1/28/2007, 10:05 AM
You guys act like Bush and Kerry aren't brothers in the skull and bones. They are lifetime buds, and will do anything for the other.

Okieflyer
1/28/2007, 10:28 AM
Look! He's just there to get along. You know if we would just do what Jimmy Carter wanted to do with the Soviets. Lay down our weapons. Then they won't feel threatened anymore and they would become our friends.:rolleyes:

Jeopardude
1/28/2007, 10:38 AM
I wonder if any US Senator went overseas during WW2 or the cold war and hung out with one of their leaders while comdemning his own nation?

DAVOS, Switzerland - Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry slammed the FOREIGN POLICY OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION on Saturday, saying it has caused the United States to become "a sort of international pariah."

Subtle difference.

And I don't know of overseas, but here's two quotes from when troops were over in Kosovo in harm's way.

"The two powers that have ICBMs that can reach the United States are Russia and China. Here we go in. We're taking on not just Milosevic. We can't just say, 'that little guy, we can whip him.' We have these two other powers that have missiles that can reach us, and we have zero defense thanks to this president."
-Senator James Inhofe (R-OK)

AND

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our overextended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
-Representative Tom Delay (R-TX)

Goes both ways.

Okieflyer
1/28/2007, 11:07 AM
Subtle difference.

And I don't know of overseas, but here's two quotes from when troops were over in Kosovo in harm's way.

I guess you missed the point. Debate is OK at home. You just don't go overseas and start doing it. It's bad enough when idiots like the Dixie Chicks do that, but there's no defense of a congressman doing it.

GrapevineSooner
1/28/2007, 11:19 AM

I think this one goes under 'lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.'

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2007, 12:03 PM
Subtle difference.

Hmm, where they next to Milosevic when they said that someplace overseas???

Yeah, probably not. Big difference, sorry you cannot or will not recognize this.

1/28/2007, 12:45 PM
Hmm, where they next to Milosevic when they said that someplace overseas???

Yeah, probably not. Big difference, sorry you cannot or will not recognize this.Not to mention the fact that DeLay and Inhofe are pro-American guys, while Carter and Kerry, well, isn't it clear to most folks?

greeksooner
1/28/2007, 12:48 PM
heaven forbid someone has opinion that doesnt agree with the right wing nuts,

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 12:52 PM
heaven forbid someone has opinion that doesnt agree with the right wing nuts,

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't care which party you're affiliated with... you just DON'T go overseas and bash the President, his policies or our country. Leave the debates at home... but to the rest of the world we need to appear united. Otherwise it leaves us vunerable.

1/28/2007, 12:52 PM
heaven forbid someone has opinion that doesnt agree with the right wing nuts,Where you been, dim? This board is loaded with rug-chewers , so you have plenty of support around you.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 12:57 PM
This board is loaded with rug-chewers...

ROTFLMAO! Classic!

1/28/2007, 01:02 PM
ROTFLMAO! Classic!Those of the dim persuasion don't seem to find any humor in it.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 01:04 PM
Those of the dim persuasion don't seem to find any humor in it.

I know... I'm expecting a few negs because of it. How about you? :)

85Sooner
1/28/2007, 01:06 PM
He needs to take a dirt nap.

1/28/2007, 01:10 PM
I know... I'm expecting a few negs because of it. How about you? :)I run about half and half on the neg vs positive spec thing. Very rarely is a neg signed.

Scott D
1/28/2007, 01:10 PM
I fail to see why Rush thinks it's bad there are so many lesbians on the board.

1/28/2007, 01:14 PM
I fail to see why Rush thinks it's bad there are so many lesbians on the board.I fully understand how you could interpret the rug-chewer depiction that way. It is intended as a leftist knee-jerker going to another, more intense emotional level, and SNAPPING!

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 01:24 PM
I run about half and half on the neg vs positive spec thing. Very rarely is a neg signed.

So I've noticed.

sitzpinkler
1/28/2007, 01:46 PM
Otherwise it leaves us vunerable.

hahaha, okay

Scott D
1/28/2007, 01:49 PM
I fully understand how you could interpret the rug-chewer depiction that way. It is intended as a leftist knee-jerker going to another, more intense emotional level, and SNAPPING!

my interpretation is far more humorous.

jeremy885
1/28/2007, 01:52 PM
He really must be brain dead...

BTW, he voted against kyoto.

The Kyoto protocol hasn't been brought to the Senate for a vote. How could Kerry vote against it, if there hasn't been a vote on it?

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2007, 02:59 PM
Looks like he made the paper.....in Iran!
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20070128IranDailyKerry.jpg

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2007, 03:02 PM
The Kyoto protocol hasn't been brought to the Senate for a vote. How could Kerry vote against it, if there hasn't been a vote on it?
The vote against it was in 1997, when 87 donks voted on a bill saying it shouldn't pass, and John F. Kerry was one of them.

And when Clinton shelved it as well.

Of course its much more fun to ignore history and just blame Bush for all of it.

Ike
1/28/2007, 03:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol#Position_of_the_United_States
this is simultaneously correct and incorrect:

On July 25, 1997, before the Kyoto Protocol was finalized (although it had been fully negotiated, and a penultimate draft was finished), the U.S. Senate unanimously passed by a 95–0 vote the Byrd-Hagel Resolution (S. Res. 98),[40] which stated the sense of the Senate was that the United States should not be a signatory to any protocol that did not include binding targets and timetables for developing as well as industrialized nations or "would result in serious harm to the economy of the United States". On November 12, 1998, Vice President Al Gore symbolically signed the protocol. Both Gore and Senator Joseph Lieberman indicated that the protocol would not be acted upon in the Senate until there was participation by the developing nations.[41] The Clinton Administration never submitted the protocol to the Senate for ratification.

1/28/2007, 03:08 PM
I think the dims have deemed that Kerry can best serve his party by going ambassador-wrecking-ball-at-large to put more pressure on Bush to fail in Iraq. Kerry gets all the pub he craves, but doesn't have to face losing an election.

Scott D
1/28/2007, 05:21 PM
those pesky dims.

at least us moderate independents continue to hold out hope that he'll catch a stray bullet somewhere along the way.

Widescreen
1/28/2007, 05:30 PM
those pesky dims.

at least us moderate independents continue to hold out hope that he'll catch a stray bullet somewhere along the way.
And if he does, I'm sure he'll have video cameras at the ready to re-enact his heroism.

1/28/2007, 05:40 PM
And if he does, I'm sure he'll have video cameras at the ready to re-enact his heroism.kerry would forever be endeared as the hero who gave his life for his party, fighting the evil republicans, enemies of the state.

sitzpinkler
1/28/2007, 05:56 PM
I fully understand how you could interpret the rug-chewer depiction that way. It is intended as a leftist knee-jerker going to another, more intense emotional level, and SNAPPING!

like you do on a regular basis?

I get it now.

1/28/2007, 05:58 PM
like you do on a regular basis?

I get it now.you wish, fella/girl!

Scott D
1/28/2007, 06:15 PM
And if he does, I'm sure he'll have video cameras at the ready to re-enact his heroism.

knowing his luck, the camera would lose power just before it happened, and we'd have to take his moonbat wife's word for it.

SoonerGirl06
1/28/2007, 06:24 PM

Just so he doesn't receive any medals for it so he can throw it back in our faces.

sitzpinkler
1/30/2007, 12:42 PM
you wish, fella/girl!

you know it's true, straight/homo! :D

BeetDigger
1/30/2007, 02:52 PM
those pesky dims.

If it is going to happen, I would prefer that he choke on a hotdog or run into a ski lift support.

Hatfield
1/30/2007, 03:12 PM

because tuba said so...and he apparently has all the facts.*

*according to him.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2007, 06:03 PM
because tuba said so...and he apparently has all the facts.*

*according to him.

It's easy enough to look up. I think its called the hagel admendment or something like that from 1997. It was a vote to kill a vote on Kyoto, which is often the way bills are voted on in the Senate.

A little research might help open your eyes to the greater world around you, which would be nice for once. :D

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2007, 06:05 PM
If it is going to happen, I would prefer that he choke on a hotdog or run into a ski lift support.

What about shooting himself in the ***?

Oh, nevermind. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
1/30/2007, 06:43 PM
Hooo boy, John Kerry. You're an idiot. Here's a couple of nuggets from the document outlining our grand experiment.

Article I, Sec. 9

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

Article I, Sec. 10.

No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation...

Stick to partisanship for the sake of partisanship and sh*ttin' in America's hat, Johnny boy. Quit gladhandin' the bad guys, callin' it an economic conference and political solutions because you couldn't **** on the fires of international relations if it was on fire. You ain't got the qualifications nor the power.

Ike
1/30/2007, 06:48 PM
It's easy enough to look up. I think its called the hagel admendment or something like that from 1997. It was a vote to kill a vote on Kyoto, which is often the way bills are voted on in the Senate.

A little research might help open your eyes to the greater world around you, which would be nice for once. :D

I posted the details earlier. It was a non-binding "sense of the senate" vote.

So while it wasn't a vote directly on Kyoto, it was a vote to inform the president that if he sends it to the senate, it's unlikely to get ratified.