PDA

View Full Version : Staying up late tonight?

BudSooner
1/27/2007, 04:16 PM
Switch it over to Speed channel and watch the Rolex 24hrs of Daytona, some damn good racing going on right now with open wheelers Paul Tracy/Juan Pablo Montoya etc. going up against Nascar guys Tony Stewart/Jeff Gordon/Casey Mears/Jimmie Johnson.
And nope, not just left turns..plenty of right turns as well.
Some facts-

average time spent in the pits 27minutes-for tire changes/chassis setup changes,driver changes(3 drivers per team)

2,601 miles driven in the course of 24 hrs.

501 gallons of fuel used-unleaded of course.

22,020 gear changes over the next 24 hrs

proud gonzo
1/27/2007, 04:18 PM
oh boy.

yermom
1/27/2007, 05:03 PM
any WRC drivers?

is Speed still not showing WRC? that makes me angry :mad:

BudSooner
1/27/2007, 06:33 PM
any WRC drivers?

is Speed still not showing WRC? that makes me angry :mad:

I believe they used to, but like you I have not seen it in the tv guide and thats pretty ****ty because thats some pretty hardcore racing...especially if your a fan in the way of those guys.

Have you ever watched any of the Dakar Rally?

Newbomb Turk
1/27/2007, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty much a NASCAR guy, but I might watch a bit of it.

BudSooner
1/27/2007, 09:34 PM
Meh, so far this ain't going so far for the stock car boys, Gordon is having problems with the axle, Johnson's team had a problem with an exhaust bracket and Stewart fighting off electrical problems which may doom them if the rains come.
And Gordo doesn't like the thought of racing in the rain, maybe he should have asked his Hendrick teamate for advice, Johnson ran well here in '04 when the showers rolled around.
Racing, in rain, at night, against slower GT type cars=craziness.

Those prototype cars are damned fast for a ride only with 500 horses under the hood, er rear canopy. :D

yermom
1/27/2007, 09:47 PM
I believe they used to, but like you I have not seen it in the tv guide and thats pretty ****ty because thats some pretty hardcore racing...especially if your a fan in the way of those guys.

Have you ever watched any of the Dakar Rally?

nope, but that would probably be cool