Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/26/2007, 01:15 PM
Among the songs I heard n XM 80s on 8 today:

http://www.sheilae.com/music/images/gllife.jpg

And

http://www.roxcalibur.com/pix/e1166.JPG

Pricetag
1/26/2007, 03:08 PM
How often do they play "Tempted" by Squeeze? I swear, that song makes every '80s compilation ever made.

Beef
1/26/2007, 03:14 PM
I listen to Fred (44) a lot. Love the 80's classic alternative on there.

Howzit
1/26/2007, 03:32 PM
I don't know how I ever got by without XM.

80% of my listening time is either on XMCafe (45) or The Loft(50).

But I'll also listen to Lucy, Ethel, The Verge, and Hear ( ? or whatever the Starbucks channel is named).

Stoop Dawg
1/26/2007, 05:24 PM
I just got XM in my new car a few weeks ago.

Presets: 8, 9, 20, 22, 26

Flight 26 is pretty solid if you like mainstream stuff. I'll have to check out other's recommendations.

Partial Qualifier
1/26/2007, 05:38 PM
I just got XM in my new car a few weeks ago.

Me too; well, I put it in my new car. Loving it.

Funny thing is, I wind up on Audio Visions (77) more often than any other channel. Decompression music. I love it.

SoonerTerry
1/26/2007, 05:40 PM
I've been thinkin bout gettin it...
It would be nice to be able to use it indoors

RacerX
1/26/2007, 05:42 PM
They should have a latino station named Ricky.

OUAndy1807
1/26/2007, 06:15 PM
202- Ron and Fez

jacru
1/26/2007, 07:46 PM
I've been thinkin bout gettin it...
It would be nice to be able to use it indoors
you can. put the antenna by a window. plus some amplified speakers (I used old computer speakers).

Sooner_Bob
1/26/2007, 08:00 PM
I like The Torch.

bluedogok
1/26/2007, 10:46 PM
I like my Sirius, I get the OU games on it. Really though, either service is great as free radio isn't worth the "price" you pay anymore. There is only one station that I listen to and it is more of a "local" station than anything that I have heard in a long, long time. It reminds me of the old AOR type of stations like 96X before they went country in 1982.

Mongo
1/26/2007, 10:55 PM
Anybody done any research on HD radio? I heard it can compete with xm/sirius cause it is basically a one time fee for equipment.

I had xm for 3 months for free when I bought my truck. The music was below average IMO. New stations, well they were just news stations. The only reason why I would get it again is the comedy stations. You can never here enough dick jokes and how white people do it this way, and black people do it this way.

bluedogok
1/26/2007, 11:05 PM
HD Radio is still basically the same crap that is out there now, just clearer sounding crap. The radio conglomerates have ruined radio as an entertainment medium.

The thing that I like about satellite radio is it doesn't drop off every time you get outside of range, it works all the time. I was commuting from Austin to Dallas weekly and bought it then, we have since added my wife.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/27/2007, 02:00 AM
Love my XM. Favorites are the decades channels, the MIX station and sometimes the Fred, Ethel and Lucy.
Sportswise, love it for the MLB package; really, that was the deal-breaker for me. Now that I can get it at my house, I won't miss a single Ranger or Red game I can't see on the tube.

jps
1/27/2007, 10:51 AM
What is going on with the increased advertisements I hear now on XM? I thought I was paying a monthly subscription so I didn't have to hear them. Now it seems as though there have been more and more on air advertisements.

bluedogok
1/27/2007, 11:21 AM
Clear Channel sued XM to have commercials on the stations which they provided programming for (I think there are 4 of them). XM did that under court order and also added channels of similar programming which they control that are commercial free. That was part of the deal XM made with the devil (Clear Channel) for programming and initial investment that they are paying for now. Just don't listen to those channels.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2007, 03:46 PM
The only thing I don't like is that mine just shows the song title, but no artist. Lots of times I hear a song and don't know the artist.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/27/2007, 03:56 PM
So I leave work yesterday and I'm on the phone but I get another call ringing in...I can't answer it.

But when I hang up I see that I have a VM. It's SBSB. Calling from her car. It went like this:

'Hi, BSG - this is SBSB...I just wanted you to hear what I was listening to on my awesome XM radio...'

And she turns it up and I hear Journey in the background.

:)

Mjcpr
1/27/2007, 03:58 PM
Being girls, y'all probably should just concentrate on the driving part.

*runs away*

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2007, 04:02 PM
I knew you would love that.

One night in Bricktown, BSG and VK and I were rocking out to Poison.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2007, 04:03 PM
Being girls, y'all probably should just concentrate on the driving part.

*runs away*I can drive with my hands off the wheel, I was steering with my foot. It's all good.

Frozen Sooner
1/27/2007, 05:40 PM
:(

I can't get XM. Damn laws of physics and curvature of the Earth.

OUHOMER
1/27/2007, 06:04 PM
toptrack for me, and the comedy channels

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/29/2007, 09:12 AM
Love my XM. Favorites are the decades channels, the MIX station and sometimes the Fred, Ethel and Lucy.
Sportswise, love it for the MLB package; really, that was the deal-breaker for me. Now that I can get it at my house, I won't miss a single Ranger or Red game I can't see on the tube.

The MLB package was also why I went with XM. I tried it out for a year when I originally got it to see if I would like it. I love it! I just renewed for 3 years. Puts all local radio stations to shame!! There are so many good channels! I have over 30 presets on my radio and it isn't even enough!

Stoop Dawg
1/29/2007, 01:38 PM
Clear Channel sued XM to have commercials on the stations which they provided programming for (I think there are 4 of them). XM did that under court order and also added channels of similar programming which they control that are commercial free. That was part of the deal XM made with the devil (Clear Channel) for programming and initial investment that they are paying for now. Just don't listen to those channels.

Thanks, I was wondering about that too. The main reason for getting XM is that there are no commercials. The second reason is that the DJs play music instead of spewing their political BS. And, of course, more stations.