PDA

View Full Version : Here is a random sampling of some of my opinions

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 10:48 AM
Pabst in a bottle is the best domestic beer you can find

The Charolais breed is one of the breeds that would top my list for use as a terminal sire

New Holland produces the best hay equipment

ADM is more evil than Cargill

I will never buy a foreign truck

Borders and Boundaries is the best Less than Jake album

Weezer needs to not make anymore albums

Oklahoma State should emphasize black as a school color more

I hate Moore, Oklahoma

The Quizno's by my house is likely one of the worst Quizno's in the United States.

Newbomb Turk
1/26/2007, 10:50 AM
I can't remember the last time I had a PBR.

Tailwind
1/26/2007, 10:50 AM
Who are you again?

Mongo
1/26/2007, 10:53 AM
I hate Moore, Oklahoma

:mad: I do to, but I dont need to be reminded by an out of stater:mad:

I really hate living there

NormanPride
1/26/2007, 10:55 AM
Oklahoma State should emphasize black as a school color more

They tried that, but the sheep kept getting lost. That's why they wear bright orange.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/26/2007, 11:17 AM
They tried that, but the sheep kept getting lost. That's why they wear bright orange.

That, and it saves the department of corrections a few bucks when they drag in a Prentice Elliott or an Eddie Sutton.

Dio
1/26/2007, 11:21 AM
I hate Moore, Oklahoma

Coming from a guy who lives in Nebraska, I'll take that as a compliment.

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 11:28 AM
Coming from a guy who lives in Nebraska, I'll take that as a compliment.
At least in Nebraska, Gas Stations off the interstate are open at 6:30 in the morning.

OSUAggie
1/26/2007, 11:35 AM

We were just worse, somehow, wearing black than we were wearing orange. Everytime we tried it.

fadada1
1/26/2007, 12:06 PM
We were just worse, somehow, wearing black than we were wearing orange. Everytime we tried it.
yeah, the color of the uniform made you suck.

;)

jacru
1/26/2007, 08:41 PM
You tried black when black wasn't cool. You should try it again...
...you will still suck though.:D

King Crimson
1/26/2007, 08:53 PM
i hate Moore, too. but, I'm from Norman from back when each had ONE high school.

PBR is bad beer. no amount of faux blue collar love will make it good.

walkoffsooner
1/26/2007, 08:53 PM
My Ford was built in Canada is it foreign?

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 09:03 PM
i hate Moore, too. but, I'm from Norman from back when each had ONE high school.

PBR is bad beer. no amount of faux blue collar love will make it good.
I didn't say it was good, I said it was the best domestic.

soonerboomer93
1/26/2007, 09:14 PM
imported beer is over rated

jacru
1/26/2007, 09:14 PM
When I was a kid, my neighbor had a 'fridge full of PBR bottles and always had one in his hand. No faux love with him.

sooneron
1/26/2007, 09:43 PM
I didn't say it was good, I said it was the best domestic.
I guess by domestic, you mean huge mass produced domestic, right?

Cuz I can name 50 beers made in the US that are better.

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 09:50 PM
I guess by domestic, you mean huge mass produced domestic, right?

Cuz I can name 50 beers made in the US that are better.
Yes. In my experience, most people use domestic to refer to the major mass produced beers.

Chuck Bao
1/26/2007, 09:57 PM
Good list there, Royalfan.

But, I have very good memories of a little Datsun pick-up truck when I was a kid. We got about 200,000 miles out of that one and it was pretty tough. It was far more reliable than the one-ton Chevy dually.

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 10:09 PM
Good list there, Royalfan.

But, I have very good memories of a little Datsun pick-up truck when I was a kid. We got about 200,000 miles out of that one and it was pretty tough. It was far more reliable than the one-ton Chevy dually.
I don't doubt the quality of foreign trucks. I just don't ever see myself buying one due to long built preferences, just as I won't ever buy John Deere farm equipment.

BeetDigger
1/26/2007, 10:24 PM
I hate to admit that I know about New Holland hay equipment and that I agree. I am higher on the hillbilly scale than I care to think.

Chuck Bao
1/26/2007, 10:53 PM
I don't doubt the quality of foreign trucks. I just don't ever see myself buying one due to long built preferences, just as I won't ever buy John Deere farm equipment.

I'll go along with you there.

You didn't just say that about John Deere? That green paint costs a lot!

Didn't we have an old tractor thread here before?

In one of the pics, I recognized our mower tractor that my gramps called Old Johnnie. We also had the 1010 as a mower. The Case tractor pulled the John Deere baler. We got an IH tractor with enclosed cab, power steering, cushion seats, air-con, stereo, etc. in the late 70s and that changed everything. Then everyone went round bales, but the baler remained JD. By the mid-80s, by brother was buying Japanese tractors and it's never been the same.

Anyway, that green paint was to live and die for for a generation or so, at least for my family.

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 11:10 PM
I'll go along with you there.

You didn't just say that about John Deere? That green paint costs a lot!

Didn't we have an old tractor thread here before?

In one of the pics, I recognized our mower tractor that my gramps called Old Johnnie. We also had the 1010 as a mower. The Case tractor pulled the John Deere baler. We got an IH tractor with enclosed cab, power steering, cushion seats, air-con, stereo, etc. in the late 70s and that changed everything. Then everyone went round bales, but the baler remained JD. By the mid-80s, by brother was buying Japanese tractors and it's never been the same.

Anyway, that green paint was to live and die for for a generation or so, at least for my family.
Some people are that way about paint. I believe in quality and value which is why I come from an Allis/AGCO family.

tbl
1/26/2007, 11:25 PM
I have an opinion for you... This thread sucks.

:D

jacru
1/26/2007, 11:27 PM
I have an opinion for you... This thread sucks.
:D
Then stay out of the way before you get caught in the vacuum.:D

OUAndy1807
1/26/2007, 11:28 PM
My Tundra was built in Bloomington Indiana, not Mexico. Is it foreign?

royalfan5
1/26/2007, 11:33 PM
My Tundra was built in Bloomington Indiana, not Mexico. Is it foreign?
To me saying I'm not going to buy a foreign trucks means that I plan on buying a F-250.

jacru
1/26/2007, 11:34 PM
this global economy is so confusing. :confused:

GottaHavePride
1/27/2007, 12:07 AM
Yes. In my experience, most people use domestic to refer to the major mass produced beers.

Killian's Red and Shiner Bock pwn PBR.

soonerboomer93
1/27/2007, 01:10 AM
Killians is ok, and so is Shiner

I'm glad I have simple taste when it comes to beer. I'll just drink whatever is available, but was raised on Budwiser so in the states I drink it. Here I drink Hite.

jwlynn64
1/27/2007, 01:23 AM
To most of us, domestic means the beer that they sell cheaper during Happy Hour. I tried arguing with the bar maid once that Killians was domestic but she kept telling me that it wasn't part of the "domestic" beer for $1 happy hour.

Unless it's treated the same as Coors, Bud or Miller, it must be considered premium!:eek:

GottaHavePride
1/27/2007, 01:31 AM
See, I tend to go to bars that sell the beer they brew on-site cheaper at happy hour. Which means I can't remember the last time I had a Budweiser, Coors, or Miller. ;)