PDA

View Full Version : Luther Davis De-Commits From LSU

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 08:42 AM
Between OU and Bama now according to OUInsider (not premium).

Eauxkie Tiger
1/26/2007, 10:51 AM
Should read Lester pulls offer.

colleyvillesooner
1/26/2007, 11:54 AM
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=634354

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 12:05 PM
Should read Lester pulls offer.

I didn't know that. Why did he pull the offer?

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=634354

Well, that was fast.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/26/2007, 12:07 PM
Should read Lester gets PWNED by Saban.

Fixed

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/26/2007, 12:42 PM
Should read Lester pulls offer.Saban's gonna kick him some bayou butt, starting NOW.(look out Bammer aggy, too, Saban's a-comin')

Fugue
1/26/2007, 12:45 PM
When :les: heard the news, he was not pleased.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8471/lescusssmallvz9.gif

colleyvillesooner
1/26/2007, 12:51 PM
:D

RacerX
1/26/2007, 01:16 PM
Should read Leslie pulls offer.

This is his first name.

No, I'm not kidding.

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 03:13 PM
He visited Bama after being asked to not take any more visits.

He then lied to the coaching staff about where he was (he claimed he was at his uncle's funeral). So, that's 2 strikes against him

1) lied to the coaching staff
2) skipped his uncle's funeral to visit after being asked to not take any more visits

The 3rd strike was his momma lying and saying it was her decision to visit Bama and that LD didn't know about being asked not to take any more visits.

His offer was indeed pulled.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/26/2007, 03:42 PM

He then lied to the coaching staff about where he was (he claimed he was at his uncle's funeral). So, that's 2 strikes against him

2) skipped his uncle's funeral to visit after being asked to not take any more visits

The 3rd strike was his momma lying and saying it was her decision to visit Bama and that LD didn't know about being asked not to take any more visits.

So his offer was pulled AFTER he visited Alabama or if my operational definition of committment is correct, after he decided he wasn't committed to LSU.

I'm sure coach Stoops is pulling Kirkendoll's offer at this very moment.:rolleyes:

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 04:01 PM
So his offer was pulled AFTER he visited Alabama or if my operational definition of committment is correct, after he decided he wasn't committed to LSU.

His offer was pulled after he lied to the coaches. It was all out there on the premium boards.

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 05:05 PM
Here's some more good reasons why we could afford to lose Davis:

Joseph Barksdale
Drake Nevis
Will Blackwell

Good chance we get Ironhead's son as well.

Harry Beanbag
1/26/2007, 05:26 PM

Ryan Perrilloux

Collier11
1/26/2007, 06:27 PM
His offer was pulled after he lied to the coaches. .

How is it Lesters place anyway to tell a 18 yr old kid that he cant visit any other schools. He is not a freakin dictator!!!

1/26/2007, 06:31 PM
His offer was indeed pulled. SABAN'S A-COMIN' TO GETCHA!!!

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 07:33 PM
Ryan Perrilloux

How is it Lesters place anyway to tell a 18 yr old kid that he cant visit any other schools. He is not a freakin dictator!!!

Nobody's putting value judgments on limiting these kids. I'm glad he is standing by his policy and not making exceptions tho.

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070126/UPDATES02/70126013

The recruitment of West Monroe defensive lineman Luther Davis continues.

After verbally committing to LSU earlier this month, Davis has changed his choice to Alabama.

"That's what he's going to do," West Monroe coach Don Shows said today.

Davis made an official visit to Alabama after pledging to LSU. That led LSU coach Les Miles to rescind Davis' scholarship offer, Shows confirmed.

Alabama coach Nick Saban visited West Monroe earlier this week.

Scott D
1/26/2007, 09:08 PM
His offer was pulled after he lied to the coaches. It was all out there on the premium boards.

perception of these things is always amusingly interesting whenever it's a shoe on the other foot kind of scenario. And I am referring to pretty much everyone.

LSUdeek
1/26/2007, 10:35 PM
perception of these things is always amusingly interesting whenever it's a shoe on the other foot kind of scenario. And I am referring to pretty much everyone.

so i guess that means Don Shows is a liar.

i agree that in just about any other decommitment scenario there are going to be sour grapes on the side of the team that loses the player. but, let's face it. we already have 3 DT's that are ranked higher and have another coming in on a visit.

the kid basically bashed Saban in an interview, for Christ's sake.

Scott D
1/27/2007, 12:40 AM
so i guess that means Don Shows is a liar.

i agree that in just about any other decommitment scenario there are going to be sour grapes on the side of the team that loses the player. but, let's face it. we already have 3 DT's that are ranked higher and have another coming in on a visit.

the kid basically bashed Saban in an interview, for Christ's sake.

Depends, did Don Shows say word for word virtually the same thing when LSU 'stole' Perriloux from Texas? If he didn't then he could be considered a liar. Situations like these are why there either needs to be an early signing period, or they need to just quit letting schools get verbals before a certain period unless the kid is going to be a spring enrollee.

KingDavid
1/27/2007, 12:18 PM

Friends, Sooners, Countrymen. Lend me your ears!

Let us hereby resolve and commit to avoid sounding this pathetic when we lose commits in the future!

LSUdeek
1/27/2007, 12:42 PM
Depends, did Don Shows say word for word virtually the same thing when LSU 'stole' Perriloux from Texas? If he didn't then he could be considered a liar. Situations like these are why there either needs to be an early signing period, or they need to just quit letting schools get verbals before a certain period unless the kid is going to be a spring enrollee.

Dauterive at East St. John hates Saban and was most likely steering RP away from LSU. When Miles got hired, he was a virtual lock.

I agree with the verbal issue, honestly.

GrapevineSooner
1/27/2007, 01:19 PM

:rolleyes:

Coaches can put any stipulation they want on an offer. By all means, it sounds like Davis knew what his stipulations were and blatantly violated them.

So his offer was pulled.

There's nothing dictatorial about that. I suppose you think Stoops is dictator for demanding his players go to class.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/27/2007, 01:43 PM
siddel corley de-committed from florida so hes probly back on the watch list

Collier11
1/27/2007, 01:55 PM
There's nothing dictatorial about that. I suppose you think Stoops is dictator for demanding his players go to class.

I hope you are smarter than that...seriously!!!

Seamus
1/27/2007, 03:10 PM
Dauterive at East St. John ...

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/kohbill.jpg ?

1/27/2007, 03:58 PM
http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/kohbill.jpg ?Haha!

GrapevineSooner
1/27/2007, 06:13 PM
I hope you are smarter than that...seriously!!!

Don't worry, the feeling's mutual.

Newbomb Turk
1/27/2007, 07:55 PM

either that, or he wants them to stay eligible.

Collier11
1/27/2007, 09:22 PM
And im a dictator for not wanting my kids to shoot anybody! That was dumb fella!

birddog
1/27/2007, 09:43 PM
:rolleyes:

Coaches can put any stipulation they want on an offer. By all means, it sounds like Davis knew what his stipulations were and blatantly violated them.

So his offer was pulled.

they sure can. but it sure doesn't send a very good impression to future recruits.

alot of kids take visits after a verbal. lester's going to lose more players if he's not careful.

Scott D
1/27/2007, 10:14 PM
they sure can. but it sure doesn't send a very good impression to future recruits.

alot of kids take visits after a verbal. lester's going to lose more players if he's not careful.

funny....nobody seems to think the same of mack having the same policy.

GrapevineSooner
1/27/2007, 11:11 PM

Do those kids still get to keep their schollies after openly lying to the coaching staff about a visit to a rival's school?

If you substitute the name of Les Miles with Bob Stoops, you guys would be lauding Stoops tough stance (and rightfully so, I might add).

Flying Scotsman
1/27/2007, 11:14 PM

Yes....he's a dickater...

birddog
1/28/2007, 12:00 AM
obviously if the guy lied then there should be some consequences.

i was referring specifically to his own personal rule that doesn't allow recruits to take trips once they give a verbal. it might be that alot of coaches do that but i hear all the time about recruits taking visits "just for the experience."

King Crimson
1/28/2007, 05:00 AM
hasn't he heard about Lester's integrity?

LSUdeek
1/28/2007, 08:30 AM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/5388626.html?showAll=y&c=y

Still making the rounds
A day after committing to Alabama, West Monroe defensive lineman Luther Davis was one of eight prospects making official visits to Louisiana Tech this weekend. According to West Monroe football coach Don Shows, Davis, a 6-foot-4, 260-pounder, lacks both the necessary ACT score and core grades to be academically eligible to play as a freshman.

Soonerus
1/28/2007, 12:36 PM
A 17-18 year old de-commits from LSU and you start trashing him publically...some old LSU class....

Harry Beanbag
1/28/2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, he's got to protect :les:'s "integrity".

Soonerus
1/28/2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, he's got to protect :les:'s "integrity".

Lester has integrity ????????????? When did he acquire it ?????

Collier11
1/28/2007, 12:59 PM
and coaches dont lie to recruits, make false promises based on potential,etc...Les has no right nor does any coach including Coach Stoops to demand that a kid doesnt look around for what is best for him if he suddenly doesnt feel comfortable with his commitment

Harry Beanbag
1/28/2007, 01:02 PM

I think it may be a fairly recent phenomenon.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1776479#post1776479

Scott D
1/28/2007, 01:47 PM

rumor has it when Boone Pickens was no longer running his football team.

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:33 AM
Miles is a jack-***, give a little time, you'll convert too....

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:34 AM
Amen!