PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland

soonerhubs
1/25/2007, 11:06 PM
We just finished a week long vacation where we had four straight days at Disneyland. I can honestly say I enjoyed this place so much. We spend another day at the San Diego Zoo. It was loads of fun. I'm sure that there are others who have been to DL. My favorite ride was Soarin Over California followed by Pirates of the Carribean. Farkers feel free to take these pics to the other forum. Just wanted to share some of the fun we had out West.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5388/1069/320/717736/IMAG0411.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5388/1069/320/121354/IMAG0487.jpg

whatsername
1/26/2007, 06:39 AM
I love Disneyland and Disneyworld, great places! Soarin' was one of my favorites too. I wasn't expecting it to be as realistic as it was. Several times I lifted my feet to keep from hitting whatever was coming at me. :)
I rode Soarin' at Epcot in Disneyworld. Did the CA version have the golfer with the golf ball coming right at you?

oklaclarinet
1/26/2007, 07:56 AM
I've been to both Disneyland and Disney World, and I prefer Disney World more. To me Disneyland is too compact, and the more stuff they try to add, the more compact it gets still. It doesn't help that there isn't much room to grow around Disneyland, whereas Disney World is much larger, allowing plenty of room to expand for new stuff. The compact nature of Disney Land makes traffic flow a real problem, especially on really crowded days.

soonerhubs
1/26/2007, 11:24 AM
I love Disneyland and Disneyworld, great places! Soarin' was one of my favorites too. I wasn't expecting it to be as realistic as it was. Several times I lifted my feet to keep from hitting whatever was coming at me. :)
I rode Soarin' at Epcot in Disneyworld. Did the CA version have the golfer with the golf ball coming right at you?
Yes, that ball comes at you and it has Mickey Ears on it.

I agree that Disneyland can get crowded. We must've picked the best time because the lines were ridiculously short. Some rides we just circled around over and over again.

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 01:20 PM
I've been to both Disneyland and Disney World, and I prefer Disney World more. To me Disneyland is too compact, and the more stuff they try to add, the more compact it gets still. It doesn't help that there isn't much room to grow around Disneyland, whereas Disney World is much larger, allowing plenty of room to expand for new stuff. The compact nature of Disney Land makes traffic flow a real problem, especially on really crowded days.

You will never become a Cast Member.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/26/2007, 01:24 PM
I'm still waiting to see the pic of Pat in his MM ears.

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 01:32 PM
I'm still waiting to see the pic of Pat in his MM ears.
There isn't one.

But there is one of me wearing a Tower of Terror hat with the big, floppy ears from some Disney animal or another.

sooner_born_1960
1/26/2007, 01:37 PM
:pop:
Waiting on Dean.

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2007, 02:24 PM
Hey bud, did you get a group discount with all those wives?

jacru
1/26/2007, 06:01 PM
To me Disneyland is too compact, and the more stuff they try to add, the more compact it gets still. It doesn't help that there isn't much room to grow around Disneyland, whereas Disney World is much larger, allowing plenty of room to expand for new stuff.
They learned their lesson with DL. They bought up all the surrounding land before even starting DW.

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 06:06 PM
They learned their lesson with DL. They bought up all the surrounding land before even starting DW.

Yep. If you ever happen to see a show about DW on Modern Marvels or Discovery or the Travel Channel, watch it....it's very interesting.

StoopTroup
1/26/2007, 06:18 PM
This thread is goofy.

jacru
1/26/2007, 08:23 PM
This thread is goofy.
hey, it's the south oval. Aren't they all?

josh09
1/27/2007, 12:10 AM
We just finished a week long vacation where we had four straight days at Disneyland. I can honestly say I enjoyed this place so much. We spend another day at the San Diego Zoo. It was loads of fun. I'm sure that there are others who have been to DL. My favorite ride was Soarin Over California followed by Pirates of the Carribean. Farkers feel free to take these pics to the other forum. Just wanted to share some of the fun we had out West.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5388/1069/320/717736/IMAG0411.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5388/1069/320/121354/IMAG0487.jpg

DISNEYLAND SUCKS, GO DISNEY WORLD WOOOOHOOOO :D

soonerhubs
1/27/2007, 12:13 AM
Hey bud, did you get a group discount with all those wives?
Yes. It's a special where the second wife is free. Gives new meaning to the words Park and Hopper. :)

soonerhubs
1/27/2007, 12:19 AM
DISNEYLAND SUCKS, GO DISNEY WORLD WOOOOHOOOO :D
For me the drive to Disneyworld Would Suck, so Go Disneyland. Besides, we also got to go to the San Diego Zoo. :)

BajaOklahoma
1/27/2007, 09:58 AM
I remember when Disneyland had tickets. The "E" tickets were used on the best rides. You could go back and buy more tickets, but it was expensive. We were very happy when they did away with them.

Disney World is the improved version of Disneyland. But they are both fun.

And I love the San Diego Zoo too. My Grandparents used to live in San Diego and we would visit them often. I enjoyed the Zoo more than the beach.

Sooner_Bob
1/27/2007, 10:23 AM
The San Diego Zoo is awesome. I went to Disneyland back when I was like 6 so I don't have many memories about it.

It's been about 12 years since I was at DisneyWorld, but my wife and I really enjoyed it.

We're wanting to take the girls back later this year or next.

85Sooner
1/27/2007, 11:41 AM
What is the best age range for kids to go???????????? I have a 1 and 4 yr old so I don't think now would be the best time.

BajaOklahoma
1/27/2007, 12:56 PM
We took the boys when they were 6 and 4. We stayed on the monorail loop, so they could go back for a quick nap and return to the park. Smartest thing we did and well worth the price.
We took them again when their little sister was 7. Lots of fun.

Mjcpr
1/27/2007, 01:03 PM
We took the boys when they were 6 and 4. We stayed on the monorail loop, so they could go back for a quick nap and return to the park.

Are you talking abouot Disneyland or DW? The monorail at DW only goes to one of the parks doesn't it?

PhxSooner
1/27/2007, 02:04 PM
What is the best age range for kids to go???????????? I have a 1 and 4 yr old so I don't think now would be the best time.
We took ours at 1 and 4 1/2. We've been twice since then, but our best visit was the first. They have a baby area where you can feed kids, heat up stuff, change diapers, buy emergency "baby" stuff, and everything. Take your strollers and it will be a great visit. Our daughter at 1 loved everything, even Pirates of the Caribbean.

There. My commercial for Disneyland is over.:D

BajaOklahoma
1/27/2007, 02:44 PM
Are you talking abouot Disneyland or DW? The monorail at DW only goes to one of the parks doesn't it?

DW.
The monorail goes from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot, though I'd heard that they were planning to expand it. If you stay at one of the hotels on the loop, you get in a separate line from the people going to the parking lot. We never had to wait.
We've stayed at some of the hotels on the loop and some of the ones further out. Remembering that you are avoiding the bus ride, the parking lot & fees, longer lines and a huge time savings, we will never stay off the loop again. It's not that much difference in price.
We love to ride in the front of the monorail with the drivers. I think that was the kid's favorite ride for years. They were also able to repeat the warning phrase in Spanish for years because we rode the monorail so much. :O

Mjcpr
1/27/2007, 02:47 PM
So where'd you stay, the Grand Floridian? :D

85Sooner
1/27/2007, 03:24 PM
We took ours at 1 and 4 1/2. We've been twice since then, but our best visit was the first. They have a baby area where you can feed kids, heat up stuff, change diapers, buy emergency "baby" stuff, and everything. Take your strollers and it will be a great visit. Our daughter at 1 loved everything, even Pirates of the Caribbean.

There. My commercial for Disneyland is over.:D

Disneyland or DW? I Have family in Fla and well I am not a big fan of california.

BajaOklahoma
1/27/2007, 05:20 PM
So where'd you stay, the Grand Floridian? :D

Not yet. :(
We've done the Contemporary Resort, the Disney Inn (for golf) and the Polynesian. The kids preferred the Polynesian. The pool area was nice.
I think the Grand Floridian is more for my current age group. :D

And get the travel book on DW. It has some great tips to help you get the most out of your trip. In fact, I would read it before you plan your trip.