PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we're finally taking Baghdad

Jerk
1/25/2007, 11:02 PM
Check out the video (3rd paragraph) of American and Iraqi troops fighting house to house in Baghdad. I hope this is a turning point, but time will tell.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/01/25/iraq.main/index.html

Also looks like the post someone made about the NYT saying the Iraqis aren't doing nothing is a load of crap.

MojoRisen
1/25/2007, 11:23 PM
Damn we didn't mess around and just took out the entire building...

olevetonahill
1/25/2007, 11:35 PM
Damn we didn't mess around and just took out the entire building...
I have dial up so all Ill say is about time .
Now how about all the Hanoi janes just STFU .
And Let our young men do the Job that they want to do and were sent to do ?
Mess with BEST die like the rest .
Our Fighting Men have done this Country Proud since the beginning . This Country has shat on our Fighting Men since the beginning .
STFU vet :pop:

SoonerGirl06
1/25/2007, 11:49 PM
And Let our young men do the Job that they want to do and were sent to do ?
:pop:

That's the smartest thing the Government could do... let our soldiers do what they are trained to do. That's the only way to get the job done and done right. The dumbbrains in Congress need to stay out of it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/26/2007, 12:07 AM
But, but but...it's unwinnable...

picasso
1/26/2007, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't wipe my butt with the New York Times.

OklahomaTuba
1/26/2007, 12:34 AM
Seems like the ROE have had a HUGE effect, and may end up turning this thing around, thank God.

Unfortunatly, the prospect of victory against terror is just to much for some of the spineless defeat and retreat liberals, as it looks like they intend to cut off money for the war effort.

Feingold, a fierce war critic, will force Democrats to consider an option many consider politically suicidal: denying funds to the military and U.S. soldiers to force a quicker end to the war.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2478.html

olevetonahill
1/26/2007, 12:39 AM
Some of you talked to My lil buddy Troy ( see My great news thread , And 1tcs Cybering with olevet ) who is a tank Driver right ?
I asked him about the ROEs ya know what he said ?
****em the Bastages shootin at me Im shootin BACK .:D
I Know Troy will come home :cool:

Tulsa_Fireman
1/26/2007, 10:49 AM
Did I see that right?

Some of our finest carrying Kalishnikovs?

NormanPride
1/26/2007, 10:53 AM
Hopefully if we have good results in the first few days, the Dems won't cut support. It's crucial that the military knows how to present its success to congress so they get to keep funding.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/26/2007, 11:09 AM
It's crucial that the military knows how to present its success to congress so they get to keep funding.

Which in and of itself is pretty damn chickensh*t.

This coming from the same clowns that screamed at the administration for our boys not being equipped as they should. This coming from the same clowns that screamed we needed to send more troops because what we sent wasn't enough. This coming from the same clowns that were all on board when it was eighteen UN resolutions into a ceasefire agreement that were all, every single, solitary one, violated by the previous regime, thus breaking what some have called the 'ceasefire'. Which is exactly what it was. A 'ceasefire'.

As in don't do this and we finish the job of taking you out.

From an international consensus to a crawfishing group of weak-wristed "humanitarians" whose goal wasn't to right things in the first place, but to simply get the guns silent. Terrorism speaks loudly, only silenced by those very guns. Let them speak.

I'd like to add for those questioning or outright denying the links to Iraqi terrorism, check out Jayna Davis' book on the Alfred P. Murrah bombing. If there is a shred or sliver of legitimacy to the information within, that should be reason enough. Maybe there are truths within. Maybe the action on those truths by the current administration, reinforced by standing intelligence on WMDs, was what pulled the trigger. Maybe in an effort to not shatteringly discredit the previous administration, this has been withheld as one of the major reasons why, along with that intelligence and the 18 UN resolutions that dictated we finish the job in the first place.

Makes a fella wonder, doesn't it.

OU4LIFE
1/26/2007, 11:23 AM
Did I see that right?

Some of our finest carrying Kalishnikovs?

hell yes, finders keepers, and that thing is impervious to sand.....it's bulletproof.

picasso
1/26/2007, 11:26 AM
hell yes, finders keepers, and that thing is impervious to sand.....it's bulletproof.
who made the shafts for it?

OU4LIFE
1/26/2007, 11:32 AM
Graphite Design.

JohnnyMack
1/26/2007, 11:38 AM
I think our recent success also has something to do with Moqtada al Sadr ending his boycott of the Iraqi government and trying to negotiate a piece of the pie instead of waging full on war. I think he realizes that he's outnumbered and would rather have something than be dead. He's ordered his army to pull back, thus enabling our advances. But yeah, we definitely making advances.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6296097.stm