PDA

View Full Version : Sr. Bowl Buzz....Ruuuuuuu

OU James
1/25/2007, 01:24 PM
From ESPN Insider:

Around the South practice

Oklahoma OLB Rufus Alexander may be the most impressive linebacker at the Senior Bowl, especially from a quickness and athletic ability standpoint. He has shown better instincts than anticipated this week, quickly inserts himself against the run and plays with a physical edge to his game. Alexander has very good speed and is strong in pursuit. He is a fine downhill linebacker without compromising the ability to play in space or excel in coverage. Alexander seems to fly a bit below the radar and probably fits only as a Will (or weakside) linebacker at the next level, but he is a fine football player. He has the makings of a potential high-end starter in the NFL.

IronSooner
1/25/2007, 01:43 PM
Awesome. I hope he makes it...would be fun watching him in the NFL next year.

Boomer.....
1/25/2007, 02:07 PM
Great to hear!

Sooner_Bob
1/25/2007, 02:54 PM
Sweet.

starrca23
1/25/2007, 03:01 PM
S T U D

Fugue
1/25/2007, 03:42 PM
From ESPN Insider:

Around the South practice

Oklahoma OLB Rufus Alexander may be the most impressive linebacker at the Senior Bowl, especially from a quickness and athletic ability standpoint. He has shown better instincts than anticipated this week, quickly inserts himself against the run and plays with a physical edge to his game. Alexander has very good speed and is strong in pursuit. He is a fine downhill linebacker without compromising the ability to play in space or excel in coverage. Alexander seems to fly a bit below the radar and probably fits only as a Will (or weakside) linebacker at the next level, but he is a fine football player. He has the makings of a potential high-end starter in the NFL.

It just baffles me that they couldn't see this before. He always had very good instincts.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2007, 03:46 PM
I thought he'd go early 3rd round. Sounds like he could move up to the 2nd if this continues.

Boomerfreakinsooner
1/25/2007, 10:37 PM
He needs to become a Chicago Bear.

:pop:

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2007, 11:09 PM
Please let Dallas go back to the 4-3 and draft Rufus.

oumartin
1/25/2007, 11:37 PM
Will gibbs draft him? or does jerry do the drafting and gibbs gonna be doing the coaching?

birddog
1/25/2007, 11:40 PM
RUUUUUUUUU!!!fus

SoonerGirl06
1/25/2007, 11:42 PM
Please let Dallas go back to the 4-3 and draft Rufus.

HELL NO! Don't let him go to Dallas! That's the worst place for him to go as long as Jerry Jones is at the helm.

SoonerGirl06
1/25/2007, 11:45 PM
Will gibbs draft him? or does jerry do the drafting and gibbs gonna be doing the coaching?

It's ALL Jerry, which why Dallas is the LAST place Rufus needs to go. The fact that Jerry can't keep a coach should be a HUGE sign that going to the Big D would be a terrible thing for Rufus.

Socrefbek
1/26/2007, 12:59 AM
Strange ... I was watching NFL network tonight and they did not list him in their top 8 LB's eligible for the draft. Additionally, said he was not showing much at the Senior Bowl pratices. :confused:

jthomasou78
1/27/2007, 08:20 PM
I was at the game in Mobile today. He did not look very good today, but no one on the South Roster did. A very ugly day for a football game.

OU-HSV
1/27/2007, 08:25 PM
I was at the game in Mobile today. He did not look very good today, but no one on the South Roster did. A very ugly day for a football game.
That's one thing I don't like about these senior bowls. It seems like there's no in-between. It's either a good close game w/impressive things happening from both teams' players, or it's a boring game w/not any standout players.

tommie15
1/27/2007, 08:54 PM
That's one thing I don't like about these senior bowls. It seems like there's no in-between. It's either a good close game w/impressive things happening from both teams' players, or it's a boring game w/not any standout players.

I thought Carriker, Moore, and Okoye stood out on the North d-line. Just goes to show you how good Cosgrove is at wasting NFL talent.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/28/2007, 01:33 PM
It just baffles me that they couldn't see this before. He always had very good instincts.

Have to disagree... IMO in the first half of the season he wasn't the Ruuuuu that we had seen in previous seasons... out of position and not around the ball nearly as much as he should have been given his athletic ability. That doesn't speak well to good instincts. Having said that, he definitely picked it up and was looking more like the old Ruuuuuu in the second half of the season.... as long as we don't count his fourth Q and OT performance in a certain Fiesta Bowl. On the three misdirection plays that won the game for Boise he wasn't around the ball once that I remember. (Then again, who was?)

I don't know, maybe he was trying to put too much on himself in this, his senior year.

85sooners
1/28/2007, 07:44 PM
ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!:pop:

LittleWingSooner
1/28/2007, 08:26 PM
If Ruuu runs a 4.6 40 time in the workouts or combine he'll probably be a 2nd round lock and possibly a late first rounder.