PDA

View Full Version : Chris Patterson =

Rhino
1/25/2007, 11:05 AM
Kansas State Wildcat. (http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=633805)

OSUAggie
1/25/2007, 11:14 AM
heh... After failing to qualify (twice) he feels slighted that OU didn't recruit him again.

47straight
1/25/2007, 11:40 AM
Did we offer?

NormanPride
1/25/2007, 11:52 AM
Don't believe so. Kind of fitting that he can make it into KSU. :D

Ground_Attack
1/25/2007, 12:09 PM
maybe one of the most hyped guys for the past 3 years that never made it on campus. oh well.

soonerinabilene
1/25/2007, 01:31 PM
i figured he was just taking the weinke route, wait till your 26 then come and dominate a bunch of kids.

snp
1/25/2007, 01:39 PM
Oh well. If Smoke and Mack Truck ever lined up in the same LB crew, the Scout board would've lost control of themselves and soiled many seats.

maybe one of the most hyped guys for the past 3 years that never made it on campus. oh well.

Maybe?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/25/2007, 02:01 PM
So, who knows what about his final disposition, and how many yrs. of Div. 1 eligibility does he have?

snp
1/25/2007, 04:22 PM
2 years to play 2.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 10:08 AM
Well when we play KSU in 2008 we need to have our backs and receivers dress up like books, thus ensuring that Patterson will never hit them.

Collier11
1/29/2007, 01:16 PM
Well when we play KSU in 2008 we need to have our backs and receivers dress up like books, thus ensuring that Patterson will never hit them.

Thats sh*t! By all accounts that ive heard, Patterson busted his butt to get his school straight and was screwed over by a incompetent adviser.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 01:36 PM
Thats sh*t! By all accounts that ive heard, Patterson busted his butt to get his school straight and was screwed over by a incompetent adviser.

My understanding is that you are partially right. He did get an incompetent advisor....but...

It might be generous to say he busted his butt to get his school issues straight. More like did the minimum required to have a shot and following his efforts to become eligible were like Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

If you are trying to run a mile in under 8 minutes you can run at that pace and then if someone tosses a banana peel in front of you 100 ft from the end and you slip and come in 5 seconds late that is one thing.

If you try to run the mile in 7 minutes there is no problem at the end.

I don't buy the "it's all the advisors fault argument". From what I've read Patterson has freakish talent and a borderline work ethic.

stoopified
1/29/2007, 01:57 PM
Well when we play KSU in 2008 we need to have our backs and receivers dress up like books, thus ensuring that Patterson will never hit them.:):):):):):)

Collier11
1/29/2007, 03:24 PM
My understanding is that you are partially right. He did get an incompetent advisor....but...

It might be generous to say he busted his butt to get his school issues straight. More like did the minimum required to have a shot and following his efforts to become eligible were like Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

If you are trying to run a mile in under 8 minutes you can run at that pace and then if someone tosses a banana peel in front of you 100 ft from the end and you slip and come in 5 seconds late that is one thing.

If you try to run the mile in 7 minutes there is no problem at the end.

I don't buy the "it's all the advisors fault argument". From what I've read Patterson has freakish talent and a borderline work ethic.

I realize what you are saying, but you also have to realize that alot of these kids get horrible educations in hs and he may have been that case so lets not assume he is a bum...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2007, 04:34 PM
I realize what you are saying, but you also have to realize that alot of these kids get horrible educations in hs and he may have been that case so lets not assume he is a bum...

I'm not going to blame his high school for his advisor for not qualifying up to now. If he wants to play college football he has to do what it takes. Also NEO is not Duke or MIT. I wouldn't be suprised if he winds up being a monster at KSU and winds up playing on Sundays. I also wouldn't be suprised if he never plays a down of DI ball. Stoops apparently doesn;t want to waste scholly #3 on him and I'm certainly not suprised is KSU finds a way for him to qualify.

Collier11
1/29/2007, 04:42 PM
I have no problem with us not offering anymore, what I am saying is that his hs may not have prepared him for college, we really dont know. I went to a 2A school here in Oklahoma and I can honestly say that I wasnt ready for college and I am lucky that my first 2 semesters didnt screw me cus I didnt realize how much studying it took. Sometimes your hs doesnt fully prepare you and educate you is all

Desert Sapper
1/29/2007, 05:13 PM
This guy will be a stud and standout at K-State. He would have been one stud in the rotation for us. I don't think we'll miss him, but K-State got a huge boost by signing him.

TripleOption14
1/29/2007, 08:26 PM
Another reason this guy probably didn't get reoffered was because we our now set at LB. I mean Reynolds, Reed, Lofton, Pleasant, Crow, Baker, Robinson etc etc. We just don't need him that bad anymore. Victim of the numbers game.

usmc-sooner
1/29/2007, 09:16 PM
I have no problem with us not offering anymore, what I am saying is that his hs may not have prepared him for college, we really dont know. I went to a 2A school here in Oklahoma and I can honestly say that I wasnt ready for college and I am lucky that my first 2 semesters didnt screw me cus I didnt realize how much studying it took. Sometimes your hs doesnt fully prepare you and educate you is all

It's not all that hard to qualify for OU. It's almost borders on I can't read stupid if you don't qualify playing football. Torrance Marshall, Aubry Beavers, Tony Casillias come to mind.

Don't blame it on your HS. I know a lot of people from 2A schools that have made it. I came from a small town with a bad reputation, but my HS teachers were second to none.

Collier11
1/29/2007, 09:54 PM
you are looking past my point, Im not making excuses for him. All I am saying is that we have no right to talk like he is stupid, by all accounts that most any of us have heard, he got into academic trouble for whatever reason. He busted his butt to get his classes in line and his grades up which was what was asked of him only to find out that his adviser told him to take the wrong classes then resigned.

Scott D
1/29/2007, 10:05 PM
I don't think anyone was calling him stupid, but were questioning his dedication and work ethic to academics in the arena of getting and staying qualified.

usmc-sooner
1/29/2007, 10:07 PM
and sometimes a dumbass is just a dumbass.

it aint that hard.

yes I'm calling him stupid. It takes a miracle of nature to not be able to qualify after hs and 3 years of jc.

Collier11
1/29/2007, 10:13 PM
If you want to sit here and judge the kid when you have no idea of his circumstances then do so, I could care less...sometimes it takes a dumbass to know a dumbass

usmc-sooner
1/29/2007, 10:20 PM
If you want to sit here and judge the kid when you have no idea of his circumstances then do so, I could care less...sometimes it takes a dumbass to know a dumbass

I didn't judge him, I just said he wasn't smart enough to qualify for OU. I just pointed out it's not very hard to qualify. I qualified, my Jr. year,of HS. I had many a class with guys who qualified that to be honest probably weren't ready for you sob story 2A HS of unqualified idiots.

Collier11
1/29/2007, 10:50 PM
write a complete and literate sentence and then talk about someone not being smart enough. I graduated from OU and have a great job, I wasnt making an excuse for myself or anyone else when I brought up my hs situation. What I was saying was that my hs did not prepare me for college in any way, shape, or form and it almost cost me but I busted my azz and got my grades right, and now I have a degree so give the guy some credit since you probably have not now nor will you ever meet the guy.

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 11:14 PM
You fella's both made your points here, but it may simply be in Patterson's best interest to go elsewhere. I know he was a highly sought after recruit out of high school, but look at what the Sooners have at his position.....especially if Reynolds is healthy. Granted that Patterson's probably not going to be a rocket scientist, but he's smart enough to go where he'll almost certainly see significant playing time.

usmc-sooner
1/30/2007, 10:47 AM
write a complete and literate sentence and then talk about someone not being smart enough. I graduated from OU and have a great job, I wasnt making an excuse for myself or anyone else when I brought up my hs situation. What I was saying was that my hs did not prepare me for college in any way, shape, or form and it almost cost me but I busted my azz and got my grades right, and now I have a degree so give the guy some credit since you probably have not now nor will you ever meet the guy.

man I don't get you, Did your HS teach you how to read, did they make you attend classes, they got you to the point where you could pass the SAT/ACTs? Then they got you ready for school. I busted my azz too, I've got a degree and a good job. What is it that you want me to give him credit for?

OK here it is so Collier 11 is happy I give the kid credit. There are you happy. You know what my internet credit (for what I have no idea) will get the kid in life-absolutely nothing. I guess I need to give him credit for not being able to get into OU. I guess I better start a credit thread for all those who don't qualify.

You know what though, T. Marshall got in, Lance Mitchell, Pasha Jackson, Donta Nicholson, Josh Heuple all got in, Heck Chyjoke got in.

Look man I'm sorry your HS didn't teach you how to read, take notes, attend class, manage your time, and all the other amazingly hard things it takes to prepare someone for college. Your azz busting story has been an inspiration for me however. I just ask that when your drive by in your $70,000 vehicle, with your dime piece stripper by your side please don't laugh at me if I'm begging for food on the street. :D

Collier11
1/30/2007, 11:38 AM
Im not asking you to give him anything and if you dont understand the points I was trying to make about bad schooling and his adviser then thats fine, you dont have to feel sorry for him. My main point through all of this is you shouldnt pass judgment on someone you dont even know and you certainly shouldnt call him stupid. If thats how you want to be and how you believe then that is your perogative. Sometimes it is just different than what you see on the surface. That is all

Collier11
1/30/2007, 11:39 AM
You can have some food but dont touch my stripper...deal? ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/30/2007, 01:19 PM
Im not asking you to give him anything and if you dont understand the points I was trying to make about bad schooling and his adviser then thats fine, you dont have to feel sorry for him. My main point through all of this is you shouldnt pass judgment on someone you dont even know and you certainly shouldnt call him stupid. If thats how you want to be and how you believe then that is your perogative. Sometimes it is just different than what you see on the surface. That is all

People pass judgements on other people every day, especially in sports. Reggie Bush? Barry Bonds? Mark McGwire? Lance Armstrong? Mohammed Ali? Barry Switzer? Kelvin Sampson? Jacob Gutierrez? Good or bad, many people have passed judgements on all these people and few really know them. People go on what they know or what they think they know. May not be fair in every case but in a lot of cases it is.

I've read enough of your posts to know that you are classy and pretty much take the high road in any subject that comes up here so I get your point.

I just reserve the right to believe that Patterson is a gifted athlete that has work ethic issues (not that he isn't smart enough) that mean he isn't Sooner material but apparently is good enough to be a KSU Wildcat. Fair or unfair that's my opinion though I don't think it is totally uninformed.