PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the '07 RufNek Shotgun dealio

Okla-homey
1/25/2007, 09:07 AM
THIS SHOULD BE A STABBY!

SF.com South Oval RufNek Shotgun Sponsorship Dealio

You asked for it, you got it! Here we go, please read this carefully.

As many of you know, last season, us South Ovalites sponsored a RufNek shotgun. Once we had enough contibutors to cover the whole $750.00 sponsorship, (at 20.00 each) we let those folks who contributed choose the names for each side of the shotgun barrel via a poll. The RufNeks allowed us to choose two names names (one for each side of the shotgun). FYI, last year, the names chosen were "SoonerFans.com" and "South Oval."

At the end of the season, the RufNeks presented it, handsomely mounted on a hardwood plaque and ready to grace the wall of any Sooner fan.

We held a drawing from among the co-sponsors at the last home game (which Czar won!) and the lucky winnah got to take it home.

http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/9778/2002277326958139514_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002277326958139514)

By popular demand, we're doing it again...in a great way! This year however, because so many folks wanted in, we're sponsoring TWO which will be given away at the last home tailgate of the '07-08 football season.

The Rulez

- $20 per chance. Multiples contributions in 20.00 increments are okay.
For Dolemite: that means you can buy multiple chances to win.

- When we get the $1500.00 (750.00 X 2,) the sponsorship opportunity is closed. It filled up fast last year so don't wait around.

- Again, Jaux has graciously committed to advance the whole $1500.00 so the contributions go to him. He didn't get stiffed last year, and we trust he won't get stiffed this year either.

- PayPal is preferred. Send your moolah to Jaux at:
[email protected] DO NOT put the words "gun" or "shotgun" in the title because PayPal is kinda skeered of guns and stuff. Instead, use: RufNek and your user name.

- Folks can send Jaux the money via check/cash if they send him a PM first -- he'll reply with his mailing address. We aren't putting his address out here becase Jauxie does not want to be flooded by cards and letters by admiring wimmen who want to carry on with him and/or engage in tawdry affairs.

- AFTER we get the the dang things paid for, we'll 1) solicit name suggestions and then 2) conduct a poll from among those qualified to vote. You qualify to vote by contributing at least 20.00. No fair splitting a single 20.00 contribution among more than one cheap persons.

- Drawing winners will receive their gun at the last home tailgate. YOU NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN! We'll ship it to you if you can't be there, although we would prefer you appoint an agent to take delivery on your behalf if you can't be at the tailgate because, frankly, it would be a pain in the posterior to ship these things -- but WE WILL SHIP IF WE MUST!

Note 1: we'll be choosing TWO names, one for each gun, because the default name for one side of the guns is "SoonerFans.com." We do this because its free advertisin' for our man Phil and that is decent consideration for his letting us do this in the first flippin' place.

Note 2: This RufNek Shotgun Sponsorship Dealio is not affiliated with the University of Oklahoma, The Athletic Department, Coach Bob Stoops, their heirs or assigns, Phil (SF.com HMFIC) or anyone else we think of later. This is not an on-line game of chance! Instead, it is a voluntary contribution program intended to support a great Sooner spirit organization, per their need for OUr support. The mounted shotguns we receive after their use on the field constitute a gift provided by the RufNeks in appreciation for OUr support. The fact we have a drawing to see which contributor gets to keep them is purely a practical decision. No one who may become associated with this scheme may be held liable if anyone gets their feelings hurt or drops one of the shotguns on his/her toe. Contributing serves to evidence your acceptance of all terms herein. So there.

Therefore, get to contributin' hillbillies!

Questions? Please post them in this thread so everyone can benefit from the answer.

soonerboomer93
1/25/2007, 09:21 AM
in x2

biznatches

(this should be on the SO also

salth2o
1/25/2007, 11:04 AM
I'm in!

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2007, 11:36 AM
in

OUinFLA
1/25/2007, 12:13 PM
In

MamaMia
1/25/2007, 12:29 PM
I would like to send a check from my fun money allowance to jaux.
Where do we make a name suggestion? :)

buffalobill989
1/25/2007, 12:50 PM
Phil (SF.com HMFIC)

thats a pretty good one

cjames317
1/25/2007, 01:46 PM
Just another great thing about OU football. How many other teams get to lawfully discharge firearms after a score?

Okla-homey
1/25/2007, 02:30 PM
I would like to send a check from my fun money allowance to jaux.
Where do we make a name suggestion? :)

Ma,

Please go back and read the original post...carefully. Your questions will be answered.

TIA

C&CDean
1/25/2007, 02:51 PM
Stabby.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2007, 05:03 PM
In twice.

guzziguy
1/25/2007, 06:02 PM
I'm in. Has a good feel. too bad all you other guys wasted your money. ;)

MamaMia
1/25/2007, 06:33 PM
Ma,

Please go back and read the original post...carefully. Your questions will be answered.

TIA
At my age, I don't like complications. I'm more of a scanner in the long post area. :P

I think Mex would be a good name, in honor of OUs first mascot, Mex the dog.

olevetonahill
1/25/2007, 08:27 PM
If a mother****in nOOb wins this . Im gonna kill em and take it from em :pop:

Czar Soonerov
1/25/2007, 10:48 PM
FPOMF

rufnek05
1/25/2007, 11:25 PM
already have one

Okla-homey
1/26/2007, 06:30 AM
already have one

But these are special-er, and stuff. Besides, as a former Rufnek, you of all people should buy a chance, since you know all too well how much the money is needed by the fellers. Afterall, beer is not getting any cheaper these days.;)

Okla-homey
1/26/2007, 06:32 AM
At my age, I don't like complications. I'm more of a scanner in the long post area. :P

Ma,

Bless you. That sentiment is what helps keep lawyers in business.;)

MyT Oklahoma
1/27/2007, 12:04 PM
Is this a great country or what?

Czar Soonerov
1/27/2007, 12:21 PM
already have one

ditto

:D

Big Red Ron
1/28/2007, 02:38 PM
out

rufnek05
1/29/2007, 07:00 PM
But these are special-er, and stuff. Besides, as a former Rufnek, you of all people should buy a chance, since you know all too well how much the money is needed by the fellers. Afterall, beer is not getting any cheaper these days.;)

well if i got to see some of the bennifits, like maybe see the "star" of the show in the springs. i might throw some money in

C&CDean
1/30/2007, 10:19 AM
out

Yeah, that was necessary. Didn't your momma teach you that if you ain't got something nice to say, then STFU?

Big Red Ron
1/30/2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah, that was necessary. Didn't your momma teach you that if you ain't got something nice to say, then STFU?Nope, she taught me to be the voice of reason and to show leadership when it's necessary.

I just happen to be very familiar with the organization and I gotta tell ya. They ain't worth it.

Okla-homey
1/30/2007, 10:45 AM
Nope, she taught me to be the voice of reason and to show leadership when it's necessary.

I just happen to be very familiar with the organization and I gotta tell ya. They ain't worth it.

well sir, opinions vary. Some of us happen to treasure OUr memories of seeing that Schooner take the field after every touchdown. I believe its also one of the oldest spirit organizations in college sports. That counts for something in my book.

Anyway, sorry to hear you pledged but didn't get a bid.;)

Big Red Ron
1/30/2007, 11:09 AM
well sir, opinions vary. Some of us happen to treasure OUr memories of seeing that Schooner take the field after every touchdown. I believe its also one of the oldest spirit organizations in college sports. That counts for something in my book.

Anyway, sorry to hear you pledged but didn't get a bid.;)All good points. No, I didn't "pledge." I didn't see many Fiji's hanging out with ruf / neks.

The Schooner is bigger than the goober that drives it.

OklaPony
1/31/2007, 08:35 AM
In for 1!

ounation
2/1/2007, 03:49 PM
I have two hanging on my wall. They are a great collection item for any OU fan.

Okla-homey
2/3/2007, 11:08 AM
One shotgun is paid-for. The other is filling up fast. If you want in, better move out.

BermudaSooner
2/8/2007, 02:17 PM
In for 2. I'll send the cash when the wife shows me how this PayPal thingy works.

Okla-homey
2/12/2007, 10:56 AM
No hype. Fact. Get in quick or get locked-out. Book it.

salth2o
2/12/2007, 03:14 PM
I'm already in, but would like to see a pic of the one from last year.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2007, 03:46 PM
well, you could always look at the first post in the thread you are posting.

:D

Okla-homey
2/20/2007, 09:32 AM
URGENT MESSAGE:

Sort of. Look, here's the thing. We're about $400.00 short getting these things paid for. That's only twenty $20.00 chances left. Let's wrap this up people, for the love of all that's holy!;)

As an aside, the RufNeks can debut them at the Spring Game of we get them named by then. The catch is we ain't doing the naming thing until they are bought -- because all contributors get a say in the naming.

So, let's get busy and make sure our man Jauxie is not left holding the bag!

rufnek05
2/22/2007, 08:00 PM
this is the best one i could find of the soonerfans.com gun from last season

rufnek05
2/22/2007, 08:06 PM
All good points. No, I didn't "pledge." I didn't see many Fiji's hanging out with ruf / neks.

The Schooner is bigger than the goober that drives it.

with out that "goober" it wouldn't even be at the games, none the less actually running out on the field. show a little repect to 91 years of tradition. it is THE oldest all male college spirit organization in the world. thanks

soonerboomer93
2/23/2007, 12:51 AM
Nope, she taught me to be the voice of reason and to show leadership when it's necessary.

I had some good friends in college who were with the Ruf/Neks. Never had a single problem with them.

Maybe you were just too much of an *** to them?

rufnek05
2/23/2007, 11:33 AM
found another veiw of the gun (and the queen, hey oooo) :D

fadada1
2/28/2007, 02:00 PM
here's a pic of last yrs soonerfans.com shotgun (my daughter and the rufneks at the Washington game)...they are a terrific group of guys

http://home.comcast.net/~jaux01/2006_RufNekGun_3.jpg
we're not a bad group when we're not killing pledges.