PDA

View Full Version : The NCAA is ****ing me off!

Texas Golfer
1/25/2007, 12:21 AM
When is the NCAA going to make a determination if further penalties, other than Stoops already kicking the culprits off the team, are going to be assessed on the Sooners?

The other coaches are swaying recruits' decisions away from the Sooners claiming NCAA penalities are pending against the Sooners.

Oklahoma lost two commitments this week, including wide receiver James Kirkendoll of Round Rock, Texas, one of the top-rated players who had been pledged to the Sooners. Kirkendoll mentioned comments he'd heard about Rhett Bomar and possible probation for OU played in his decision.
-- Daily Oklahoman

BASSooner
1/25/2007, 01:28 AM
I don't think the NCAA will attempt to use any kind of action against us. Other schools are simply just using this as a recruiting strategy to lure prospects away from us.

SoonerMom2
1/25/2007, 01:54 AM
If a football players buys into this crap being peddled by Texas and Okie State for starters, then they didn't want to come here that bad to begin with. I want players that want to be a Sooner and are smart enough to know the difference when a coach is passing on negative info on another school that it is for the coach's benefit and not the athlete's.

TexasLidig8r
1/25/2007, 11:26 AM
I seem to remember reading a report that NCAA was expected to issue a report in March.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/25/2007, 11:41 AM
I don't think the NCAA will attempt to use any kind of action against us. Other schools are simply just using this as a recruiting strategy to lure prospects away from us.

I think this was the general idea of his thread.

Texas Golfer
1/25/2007, 11:53 AM
I seem to remember reading a report that NCAA was expected to issue a report in March.

That's exactly my point. What more information will they have in March that they don't already have? By waiting until March, they're waiting until after the recruiting season which is administering punishment without sanctions.

StuIsTheMan
1/25/2007, 03:26 PM
That's exactly my point. What more information will they have in March that they don't already have? By waiting until March, they're waiting until after the recruiting season which is administering punishment without sanctions.

Very true...Never thought of it that way...

Sooner_Havok
1/25/2007, 09:24 PM
Sh*t like this p*sses me off. This isn't the first time though. I seem to remember a few round ball recruits leaving for other schools when that Drunk Sutton kept telling them we were about to be slapped down with NCAA sanctions hardcore. All these jerk-offs go out and openly negative recruit against other teams, and the media does the same thing with them as they do with the booze hound. They pan the camera over and say "There is one of the classiest coaches around." B*ll S**t!

leavingthezoo
1/25/2007, 09:29 PM

you should go picket. that'll show 'em. :D

Scott D
1/25/2007, 09:34 PM
Sh*t like this p*sses me off. This isn't the first time though. I seem to remember a few round ball recruits leaving for other schools when that Drunk Sutton kept telling them we were about to be slapped down with NCAA sanctions hardcore. All these jerk-offs go out and openly negative recruit against other teams, and the media does the same thing with them as they do with the booze hound. They pan the camera over and say "There is one of the classiest coaches around." B*ll S**t!

Well to be fair Sutton smartened up and hired assistants who knew how to properly seal FedEx envelopes so that the cash payments to recruits and their families wouldn't be found as easily.

Sooner_Havok
1/25/2007, 09:39 PM
It is just low man. The thing that ****es me off the most is that they get away with it. Stoops could go up to recruits to almost every big xii school and negative recruit them, but he doesn't. First person to give the correct answer why Stoops doesn't do this gets some green. (spek that is)

soonermeteor
1/26/2007, 12:14 AM
They should go to Ohio State or USC, where you get Hiesmans for violating the same rules Bomar did. They won't have any worries at all there.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2007, 12:30 AM
First person to give the correct answer why Stoops doesn't do this gets some green.

It's because Stoops isn't an unsportsmanlike penis wrinkle like so many other coaches.

Sooner_Havok
1/26/2007, 01:16 AM
It's because Stoops isn't an unsportsmanlike penis wrinkle like so many other coaches.

Hey Hey!

goingoneight
1/26/2007, 02:13 AM

Looks like he needed the green... well deserved.

Sooner_Havok
1/26/2007, 02:14 AM
Looks like he needed the green... well deserved.

I did my best with my tiny hammer

olevetonahill
1/26/2007, 02:24 AM
Its real simple folks .
If you wanta be a SOONER welcome aboard . if ur skeered get the **** outa our lives ! We got championships to win .

Sooner_Havok
1/26/2007, 02:28 AM
Its real simple folks .
If you wanta be a SOONER welcome aboard . if ur skeered get the **** outa our lives ! We got championships to win .

Come and play for us and we will win a lot of games and championships. Don't play for us and we will still win a lot of games and championships

Or something like that

MamaMia
1/26/2007, 04:20 AM
It is just low man. The thing that ****es me off the most is that they get away with it. Stoops could go up to recruits to almost every big xii school and negative recruit them, but he doesn't. First person to give the correct answer why Stoops doesn't do this gets some green. (spek that is)
Because two wrongs don't make a right. :)

Scott D
1/26/2007, 08:07 AM
Because two wrongs don't make a right. :)

or at least they won't get you back on the freeway ;)

tru2ou
1/26/2007, 09:44 AM
I'm going to take a different angle on this that will probably **** a lot of people off but its the truth.

If we dont like schools using this crap against us, then the compliance office needs to do a better job of making sure it doesnt happen. I agree completely that OU did the right thing and kicked the players off the team. That's not the issue for the NCAA. The issue with them is that it happened without the OU administration knowing about it.

The same thing goes for the basketball violations. They should have had a system in place that caught those types of things. Heck, all someone had to do was ask Kelvin for his phone records. I would guess the University ws paying for his phone, they had every right to ask for the records each month.

I understand that kids do stupid things and try to get away without anyone knowing about it (and coaches do too...thanks Kelvin). However, that's the reason OU is paying certain staff members hundreds of thousands of dollars. They need to catch those types of things. Hell, if someone from a TAMU message board knew about it and OU didnt, there's something wrong. Don't blame the NCAA, blame the OU compliance department for letting it get this far.

I think its sneeky to use this type of thing with recruits but I agree with a previous poster who stated if they were swayed by something like that, they didnt really want to be a Sooner anyway and I'd prefer to have players that want to be here.

Flame Away....

- TRU