PDA

View Full Version : List makers

MamaMia
1/24/2007, 08:31 AM
I just cant remember things as well as I use to. I cant function properly at my age without them and am now at the point of having to make a list of the lists I need to make, such as...
1) Errands to run
2) Phone calls to make
3) Groceries and shopping
4) Housework chores
5) Misc.

Anyone else a list maker? I made my once a week trip to the grocery store last night. This time however, I forgot to put my list in my purse. I thought that if I strolled up and down the isles, I would remember what I needed. When I got home and went over my list, I had forgotten about half of what I needed. :O

sooner_born_1960
1/24/2007, 08:35 AM
Oh, I have a list. You better believe I have a list.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/24/2007, 09:51 AM
Oh, I have a list. You better believe I have a list.What you have is a freakin' ATTITUDE, fella/girl.

sooner_born_1960
1/24/2007, 09:54 AM
;)
There, does that make it better?

Tulsa_Fireman
1/24/2007, 10:11 AM
I have to do lists. All the time, Mama.

If I didn't, I'd have twice as much halfway completed stuff around this house than what's already here. It's crazy, I tell ya.

MamaMia
1/24/2007, 10:32 AM
I have to do lists. All the time, Mama.

If I didn't, I'd have twice as much halfway completed stuff around this house than what's already here. It's crazy, I tell ya.
Well good then. I'm so happy that I'm not alone. I know alot of people who make lists for organization purposes only. I use to make a few lists here and there myself. My reason now however, is more necessity driven. :D

NormanPride
1/24/2007, 10:51 AM
I don't normally need them, but I'm planning a wedding right now and my mind is more often than not full of stuff. So I make lists.

Don't feel bad, Mom! I'm 24.

IronSooner
1/24/2007, 10:56 AM
I think I suffered some sort of brain damage in HS that has since left me without a reliable short-term memory. I live by post-it notes and my daily planner. And yet, I'm 26. Can't wait till that number goes up.

Mongo
1/24/2007, 11:04 AM
I don't normally need them, but I'm planning a wedding right now and my mind is more often than not full of stuff. So I make lists.

Don't feel bad, Mom! I'm 24.

Pffft. Let the woman worry about the plans:D

TopDaugIn2000
1/24/2007, 11:16 AM
I make grocery lists, add things as I run out. Otherwise I'd come home with NOTHING that I really needed and TONS of crap that I didn't.....

BeetDigger
1/24/2007, 11:21 AM
Well good then. I'm so happy that I'm not alone. I know alot of people who make lists for organization purposes only. I use to make a few lists here and there myself. My reason now however, is more necessity driven. :D

I feel as though I am talking to my wife, queen of the lists. She gets three or four of them going sometimes and has to stop to consolidate them into one. Of course, this then grows back into three or four.

OUDoc
1/24/2007, 11:54 AM
Mom, remembering that you are forgetting stuff is normal. Worry when you forget that you're forgetting things. If you remember to worry, that is. :D

NormanPride
1/24/2007, 11:55 AM
Pffft. Let the woman worry about the plans:D

Yeah, right. We get married in March, and at this point I'd ask "What church are we getting married in?" and she'd reply "Uhh..." :D

I love you, badger!

BeetDigger
1/24/2007, 12:07 PM
Mom, remembering that you are forgetting stuff is normal. Worry when you forget that you're forgetting things. If you remember to worry, that is. :D

There was one?

landrun
1/24/2007, 01:03 PM
I love lists!
I have a list of goals I want to achieve and map out a plan to accomplish each goal. - both short and long term.

I prioritize them and put them on my schedule - which is a savior for me. Both personally and professionally.

If you don't have a list, you're probably not living up to your potential and, in my sovereignty, I hereby deem YOU an underachiever in every area of your life - loser! :D

BajaOklahoma
1/24/2007, 05:29 PM
Our District put all of the staff through Franklin Covey training many years ago.
I still follow the suggestions and make lots of lists.
It makes people think I am organized.

soonerboomer93
1/24/2007, 06:01 PM
I tend to forget them when I make lists, so I just don't make them normally. I only tend to make them for when I return to the US. That way I can make sure I have all the supplies I need for when I return to Korea.

proud gonzo
1/24/2007, 07:56 PM
i like lists.

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2007, 08:15 PM
My mother is a list writer. I am not. Everything I'd put on the list I remember anyway and I always forget to put stuff on the list defeating the purpose.

leavingthezoo
1/24/2007, 08:47 PM
i keep rollover lists.

i put way to much on a daily list, and then have to roll half of it over to the next day- where i double up so i can rollover again. it really is a fine art.

i never do the list in sequence, so sometimes the first thing on my list gets rolled over for an entire week.:O

BeetDigger
1/24/2007, 09:20 PM
i like lists.

I'm just hoping to not make yours. :D