PDA

View Full Version : hey cool

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 11:08 PM
I just scored a Czech Model CZ52
Made in 53 , Broken firing pin ( of course)
Ordered the Pin today , 20 bucks for the Pin 30 bucks for the weapon
Jerk You gonna do the Custom Reloads for me ?:D

Tailwind
1/23/2007, 11:09 PM
Nice!

Jerk
1/23/2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know, man. I still worry about blowing myself up everytime I pull the trigger. "ohhh sh**" is going through my mind before each shot. I normally don't wear safety glasses, but I am now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz_52_%28pistol%29

soonerboomer93
1/23/2007, 11:29 PM
always smart to protect the eyes

a good pair of safety glasses aren't too expensive and they really aren't that noticeable

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know, man. I still worry about blowing myself up everytime I pull the trigger. "ohhh sh**" is going through my mind before each shot. I normally don't wear safety glasses, but I am now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz_52_%28pistol%29
I aint skeered , Man you gave me the BIRD :P
Oh he do say BOOMER now ;)
You use decent caution Ill fire any round you load !;)
Have you read up on this ? what I read , You can load a round to OUT perform a 357 ;)
the factory loads will go thru a class 3 vest :eek:
I dont wanta hurt anyone , I just LOVE shooting and making BOOM BOOMS :D
Ill leave that alone for now :pop: As in any Paint ballers out there ? save those co2 empties for me ;)

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 11:55 PM
always smart to protect the eyes

a good pair of safety glasses aren't too expensive and they really aren't that noticeable
Bro
Plastic glasses aint gonna prevent what we talking about :eek:
we kinda worried about losing a hand or HEAD :D

Mongo
1/24/2007, 12:00 AM
nice can opener olevet.:rolleyes:
I buy you a can/bottle opener if you need it, and it wont blow digits of your dick beaters:D

olevetonahill
1/24/2007, 12:15 AM
nice can opener olevet.:rolleyes:
I buy you a can/bottle opener if you need it, and it wont blow digits of your dick beaters:D
Bro , Ive been shot , Stabbed and Blowed up :mad:
So I aint skeered of some hand loads :D

proud gonzo
1/24/2007, 12:26 AM
umm... maybe i'm being ignorant, but are y'all being paranoid about reloaded brass or is there something specific about this gun or its ammo that worries you?

OCUDad
1/24/2007, 12:26 AM
hand loads:eek:

olevetonahill
1/24/2007, 04:10 AM
umm... maybe i'm being ignorant, but are y'all being paranoid about reloaded brass or is there something specific about this gun or its ammo that worries you?
No Punkin Butt, some Brass from the Former Soviet Bloc was way Inferior , But what we are Talkin here is VERY HOT hand loads, This CZ52 with a Decent handload can,reach over 2ooo FPS and do some serious Damage to what ever it Impacts Plus OUT perform the 357 Mag :D

yermom
1/24/2007, 04:32 AM
It is possible for old, worn Vz-52s to fire accidentally when using the decocker. The safest way to decock the hammer would be to first clear the weapon, then thumb-decock the hammer, precluding the use of the decocker entirely. Testing for a bad decocker can be accomplished by clearing the weapon, dropping an undersized wooden dowel (0.25") down the barrel, cocking the hammer, holding the pistol muzzle-up, then decocking. If the dowel moves at all (it may be fully ejected from the barrel), the hammer and/or safety lever needs to be replaced.

:eek:

olevetonahill
1/24/2007, 04:51 AM
Yup you try to Decock the weapon with the Decocker , and you might just decock Yerself :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1stTimeCaller
1/24/2007, 04:59 AM
you're safer with a slingshot

olevetonahill
1/24/2007, 05:03 AM
you're safer with a slingshot
Tru dat . My Jock strap Never Decocked me :eek:

OU4LIFE
1/24/2007, 07:58 AM
that looks like a Walther.

proud gonzo
1/24/2007, 09:49 AM
No Punkin Butt, some Brass from the Former Soviet Bloc was way Inferior , But what we are Talkin here is VERY HOT hand loads, This CZ52 with a Decent handload can,reach over 2ooo FPS and do some serious Damage to what ever it Impacts Plus OUT perform the 357 Mag :Dgotcha

Tulsa_Fireman
1/24/2007, 10:23 AM
Is it just the handloads that outperform the 357 mag? And is it strictly the fps of that load?

Bear with me fellas, 'cause I know just the left side of jack squat about pistols. But I've been considering gettin' a sidearm for awhile now, and after talking to some folks, have heard consistently that a 9mm or smaller round doesn't have the knockdown like a .40 or .45. That hold true with the 7.62mm as well?

I won't be reloading, so for a stock round, what's the scoop?

OU4LIFE
1/24/2007, 10:55 AM
well, 7.62 would be traveling at a significantly higher velocity than the .40 S&W or the .45. More likely to go "clean" through a perp.

Hard to go wrong with the .45. Readily available, cheap ammo, and really, really nice stopping power.

Jerk
1/24/2007, 11:01 AM
Gonzo- the reason for my concern shooting reloaded ammo is my experience at doing it, or lack thereof. I started in late December. So, I shoot it myself, and won't be letting friends shoot it until I'm confident that I know what I'm doing.

NormanPride
1/24/2007, 11:04 AM
All I know is that I was wicked good with the P228 in CounterStrike.

Jerk
1/24/2007, 11:39 AM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9522/picture0030dm.jpg

Any volunteers? In the event of 'case head rupture' (where the rim of the shell fails in high pressure after ignition) the gases are supposed to flow to the rear and to the bottom, and blow out the magazine. That way your face won't be disfigured.

C&CDean
1/24/2007, 11:42 AM
I'ved reloaded shotgun shells for years. I do not, and will not reload rifle/pistol ammo though. You just gotta be too precise.

We used to take shotgun shells and load them way heavy with powder, put a wad in, and instead of buckshot we'd load them with little screws and star washers. I called them "ninja rounds" cause the little star washers looked kinda like ninja throwing stars. Sometimes if you overloaded them the little screws and stuff would be sticking up out of the crimp.

Of course you do not want to shoot them through any shotgun that is worth more than about $40 or so, and you do want to be holding on tight. I had an old Sears single shot 12-gauge that I sawed off with a hacksaw, and cut/filed the stock down to a hillbilly pistol grip. I shot a cottontail one time from maybe 10 feet or so. Hit him just above the tail, and it peeled his hide all the way up over his head. I quit shooting it when I shot it one time with a semi-locked wrist. I'm pretty sure it broke my wrist, but I never got x-rays or anything. Ah youth......

proud gonzo
1/24/2007, 04:03 PM
Gonzo- the reason for my concern shooting reloaded ammo is my experience at doing it, or lack thereof. I started in late December. So, I shoot it myself, and won't be letting friends shoot it until I'm confident that I know what I'm doing.ah, ok. I was just wondering because my dad has reloaded his own ammo for years (shotgun and pistol).

Rogue
1/24/2007, 07:28 PM
Pics.

Rogue
1/24/2007, 07:30 PM
Jerk, your shepherd is beautiful. Every time I take mine (10 1/2 years old) out, someone inevitably comes up to me to tell me about a shepherd they owned. Story always includes "....was the best dog I ever had."

Jerk
1/24/2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks. Too bad his ears only stand up half way. He looks like a giant pup.

I was never really much of a dog person before he showed up. I am now! Damn, they are smart, and powerful!