PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching Indiana vs. Illinois?

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 08:39 PM
41-37 Illini.
4:46 2nd half

Indiana seems to be grasping Sampson's system quite well.

Will they get to 50? ;)

Boffingham
1/23/2007, 08:40 PM
Dude, something is definitely wrong with K. Sampson...there is 5 minutes left in the game...

AND HE STILL HAS HIS TIE ON!!!!!

usmc-sooner
1/23/2007, 08:46 PM
17 minutes into the game and the Hoosiers have 37!!!

and I for the most part like KS.

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 08:54 PM
HO-LEE-CRAP. :eek:

I forgot about this game watching the Mavs and flipped back. To my surprise, IU still has 37 4:00 minutes later.

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 08:59 PM
KELVIN WHY ARE YOU STILL FOULING!! Your down by ten with 35 sec left!! Just let the game get off the TV some more Top 25 voters don't see!

william_brasky
1/23/2007, 09:03 PM
they finished with 40. :kelvin:

usmc-sooner
1/23/2007, 09:04 PM
they finished with 40. :kelvin:

damn a point a minute. :D

kc sooner
1/23/2007, 09:07 PM
Can anyone tell me the deal between Kelvin and Bruce Webber?

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 09:11 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9949473

OUstud
1/23/2007, 09:15 PM
Will they get to 50? ;)

Nope! :D

illinisooner
1/23/2007, 09:26 PM
Weber is mad at Sampson because he "stole" 5 star SG Eric Gordon, who was an Illini commit for over a year. When Sampson was named coach at IU, Gordon somewhat secretly reopened his recruiting and committed to the Hoosiers soon thereafter. Gordon is from Indianapolis, so Hoosier fans love it because they finally get an in state star to stay in state, but Illini fans (yours truly) hate it because he was a national top 5 recruit. Weber has had trouble recruiting top talent, especially in state (Julian Wright, Sherron Collins, John Scheyer, Shaun Livingston, etc), plus the timing left him without much time to secure another top recruit, since he stopped recruiting 2 guards when Gordon gave him a solid verbal.

Oh and Sampson never let Weber know that he was recruiting Gordon, Weber and everyone else found out through the grapevine. Kelvin has said he should have acted differently, but that really doesn't change anything. So that's the basic story on the bad blood between the two, and it should spice up the rivalry a bit. Ever since Bob Knight left, it hasn't been much of a rivalry.

IronSooner
1/23/2007, 09:34 PM
Couple that with the fact that he left my alma mater with likely NCAA sanctions and I couldn't be happier. I'm a Weber fan all the way and certainly enjoyed the outcome. It's about time Illinois got a decent win with so many close losses lately.

illinisooner
1/23/2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah as an Illini fan and Sooner fan I definitely agree, I liked the "Don't call us, we'll call you" chants by the Orange Krush as well. Illinois has found so many ways to blow close games lately (they kept showing the graphic about how they had had 2nd half leads in their last 6 losses or whatever) I'm shocked they actually won. They had a rough opening to the Big 10 schedule, but played Wisconsin tough and hopefully turned the corner with the win tonight. Home vs. the Michigans and away in Evanston and Happy Valley is nice, not to mention not having to go to Madison.

oumartin
1/23/2007, 10:42 PM
how are they a top 25 team? does he garner that much respect? i dont' see it, never have

kevpks
1/23/2007, 11:07 PM
Couple that with the fact that he left my alma mater with likely NCAA sanctions and I couldn't be happier. I'm a Weber fan all the way and certainly enjoyed the outcome. It's about time Illinois got a decent win with so many close losses lately.

I thought we already got the sanctions. I think they gave OU a scholarship reduction.

illinisooner
1/24/2007, 12:01 AM
how are they a top 25 team? does he garner that much respect? i dont' see it, never have

The just beat UConn in Storrs, that's why they moved into the top 25. They will be on the outside looking in next week.

okienole3
1/25/2007, 12:47 AM
I for one would rather be mediocre under Capel for a few years than any more time at the status quo with Sampson.

okienole3
1/25/2007, 12:48 AM
Oh and the sad part is that the kid will be regretting his decision about a year from now.