PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Pre-Season 2007 Look ahead...

Blues1
1/23/2007, 07:00 PM
LINK

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6401046

Yep Still R'

CatfishSooner
1/23/2007, 07:34 PM
Best secondary in Nation, Aright!

Scotty
1/23/2007, 08:53 PM
: Finding a quarterback. Junior Joey Halzle will get the first look at the gig after backing up Thompson throughout last year, but true freshman Keith Nichols and redshirt freshman Sam Bradford will get every shot to start. There's enough overall talent to be in the hunt for the national title, so the faster the coaching staff settles on a starter, the better.

fixed.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 11:32 PM
Nichol... fixed again.

Blitzkrieg
1/24/2007, 09:03 PM
Linebacker will be an incredible strength for us next year. And beyond.

I understand the fact you have to say we'll miss Rufus, but we are insane at that position, as well as safety.

goingoneight
1/26/2007, 01:53 AM
Now if OUr corners can stay healthy and stay on their assignment, damn... we're alrght.

Oh, and learn how to tackle earlier this year. :O

KingDavid
1/27/2007, 12:36 PM
Is it possible that Paul Thompson is our biggest loss on offense, and not A.D.? I think it might be.

Soonerman08
1/27/2007, 12:56 PM
Is it possible that Paul Thompson is our biggest loss on offense, and not A.D.? I think it might be.

I agree with you. Losing Peterson does sting, but we know that we have a stable of running backs that can get the job done. With Thompson he showed the type of leadership we have been lacking in a very long time at the quarterback position. I think that with the whole O-Line, running backs, and receiving corps returning we should be better off than we were in 2005. That poor experiment failed disastrously early on. Replacing the whole line and receiving corps with a new quarterback....ouch! The line will be sick, and should give our quarterback enough time to get into the system. Sure we'll feel having a young guy under center, but I don't think to the extent some would like to believe. The defense's biggest losses are at defensive end. Losing Rufus hurts but I think Ryan Reynolds, Curtis Lofton and Mike Reed will do a good job. Our secondary will be awesome. 2007 Season can't get here soon enough.

Blues1
1/27/2007, 01:03 PM

Yep --- "IF" -- PT was coming back next year - I'd bet you see The Sooners in the Pre-Season Top 4 or 5....

In the meantime back to a QB battle for 1st string ..... :)

Hang on and keep R'

KingDavid
1/27/2007, 01:05 PM
I agree with you. Losing Peterson does sting, but we know that we have a stable of running backs that can get the job done. With Thompson he showed the type of leadership we have been lacking in a very long time at the quarterback position. I think that with the whole O-Line, running backs, and receiving corps returning we should be better off than we were in 2005. That poor experiment failed disastrously early on. Replacing the whole line and receiving corps with a new quarterback....ouch! The line will be sick, and should give our quarterback enough time to get into the system. Sure we'll feel having a young guy under center, but I don't think to the extent some would like to believe. The defense's biggest losses are at defensive end. Losing Rufus hurts but I think Ryan Reynolds, Curtis Lofton and Mike Reed will do a good job. Our secondary will be awesome. 2007 Season can't get here soon enough.

We have the supporting cast . . . my hope is that we can give the new starter enough confidence in those first games before the RRSO.

Given the Big XII's poor media perception (and relatively weakness, potentially), I think we need to go undefeated to get a chance at number eight.

Texas Golfer
1/27/2007, 01:41 PM
While AD is an all-world RB, we were without him for half the season and won all of those games. Losing PT will hurt us more. Someone is going to have to step up BIG at the QB position.

85Sooner
1/27/2007, 06:12 PM
PT will be the hardest to replace.

LittleWingSooner
1/27/2007, 06:29 PM
As bad a loss as AD is. We have talent at running back. They showed it last year.

QB play is a huge question mark on offense

I would say defensive line play is a biggest question mark on that side of the ball.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/27/2007, 06:37 PM
On Texas~ "The skill talent is tremendous. Colt McCoy is a legitimate All-America, Heisman candidate"

Seriously. STFU.

H8HOGS
1/27/2007, 07:36 PM
Not here to start anything just wondered what the OU fans thought of my Canes coming to Norman Sept 8th.. I know we will be be using every ticket we van get. Can't wait for that tailgate. Hopefully it will be a 6:45 ESPN game so we can get a full 10 hours of tailgating in.

As you can see from my username I lived in Arkansas for far to long and can't stand those Pig fans. They think they are a National power in football and can't understand how they never can win a NC.

H8HOGS
1/28/2007, 07:25 PM
Damn I thought some of you would be looking at this as a big game.. I know we are. Road trips are great and few teams like to schedule us. So do I need to be a D1CK to get a response?

Once again just trying to get some friendly conversation going and tell us where we need to party over the weekend beside the tailgate?

85sooners
1/28/2007, 07:41 PM
stfu cane!!!

H8HOGS
1/28/2007, 07:51 PM
stfu cane!!!

I am serious.. This is a big time OOC game and we are looking forward to it..

It is great to get a couple of the top programs in the country together after a 20 year layoff and I was just wondering if the OU fans were as pumped for the game as we are?

Seriously we have you guys and Texas A&M the next week and those are big games early in the year.

FaninAma
1/28/2007, 08:02 PM
Is it possible that Paul Thompson is our biggest loss on offense, and not A.D.?

No, it's not possible.

magic33216
1/28/2007, 08:51 PM
To answer the cane fan's question, I am pretty pumped about that game, hell I am pumped about everything that has to do with sooner football. We have great talent, all we need is a leading man at the QB position. I see the canes and sooners playing a pretty good game, and I am really looking forward to it.

H8HOGS
1/28/2007, 08:59 PM
To answer the cane fan's question, I am pretty pumped about that game, hell I am pumped about everything that has to do with sooner football. We have great talent, all we need is a leading man at the QB position. I see the canes and sooners playing a pretty good game, and I am really looking forward to it.

Appreciate it.. We go to VT and FSU every other year so this is special considering the time frame... This is a big game.. I would think on your schedule right behind Texas and Nebraska if not above considering the history..

Guaranteed national TV.

aero
1/28/2007, 10:48 PM
Agree with LittleWing. D line is a big question. While Birdine, Ah You, and Thib were great talent and will be definitely missed, I thought the pass rush was lacking for the most part this year. If qb and d line step up we could be good for the next few years.

LittleWingSooner
1/28/2007, 11:19 PM
The reason our pass rush was lacking last year had little to do with the ends.

The tackles were a question mark. I don't know if we have a guy at tackle that can take blockers like Dusty, McGruder, and Harris did before.

OSUAggie
1/28/2007, 11:26 PM
They were a bit young this past season... They'll be fine next year.

snp
1/29/2007, 12:03 AM
Damn I thought some of you would be looking at this as a big game.. I know we are. Road trips are great and few teams like to schedule us. So do I need to be a D1CK to get a response?

Once again just trying to get some friendly conversation going and tell us where we need to party over the weekend beside the tailgate?

Start your own thread closer to the season and don't try to piggy-back another would be a good start.

You could also state where you're staying since lots of away fans stay in Oklahoma City which has different party spots than Norman.

setem
1/29/2007, 12:20 AM
The reason our pass rush was lacking last year had little to do with the ends.

The tackles were a question mark. I don't know if we have a guy at tackle that can take blockers like Dusty, McGruder, and Harris did before.

Granger started to bust out late and if G-Mac can step in after redshirting they should make a good duo upfront. We could also move some of our ends inside to help out. We used Ah-You like that all season and it seemed to work on long yardages situations.

Mark my words! Jeremy Beal will be Big 12 Newcomer of the year next season! That kid is sick!