PDA

View Full Version : Stoops just issued this statement about job

Jay C. Upchurch
1/23/2007, 05:59 PM
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops issued this statement today regarding his future with the Sooners....

"To end speculation here in the heart of recruiting I want to make it
clear that I am not interested in any other coaching positions at this
time. I am too excited about our future at Oklahoma and the program
we're continuing to build."

courtesy OU SID

JohnnyMack
1/23/2007, 05:59 PM
He's so gone.

pgagolfpro77
1/23/2007, 06:00 PM
Stoops Committed to Oklahoma
Courtesy: SoonerSports.com
Release: 01/23/2007

Courtesy: SoonerSports.com
Bob Stoops

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma head football coach Bob Stoops issued a statement today in response to questions he has received pertaining to other coaching vacancies.

“To end speculation here in the heart of recruiting I want to make it clear that I am not interested in any other coaching positions at this time. I am too excited about our future at Oklahoma and the program we’re continuing to build.”

Stoops just completed his eighth season. He owns an overall mark of 86-19 and four Big 12 Championships, including the 2006 league crown.

Good for him. What a classy dude!!

fwsooner22
1/23/2007, 06:01 PM
:
He's so gone.

:D That's Funny:D

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 06:03 PM
:D

OK2LA
1/23/2007, 06:06 PM
He's so gone.

Seriously. Read between the lines here. We had a good run with him.

CatfishSooner
1/23/2007, 06:10 PM
So who are we gonna go after now? Or should we just promote KW or BV?

CrimsonChampion
1/23/2007, 06:10 PM
Seriously. Read between the lines here. We had a good run with him.
Nah, he'll probably be here for another 7 or 8 years.

couchman
1/23/2007, 06:14 PM
"...at this time."

If he leaves no one will be able to look at this and say he was lying.

But I have a hunch he'll stay at OU.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/23/2007, 06:16 PM
"...at this time."

If he leaves no one will be able to look at this and say he was lying.

But I have a hunch he'll stay at OU.

I missed you.

CrimsonChampion
1/23/2007, 06:18 PM
Coach Stoops has said before he wants to see his children through school here in Oklahoma. What grades are they in? That way I'll REALLY know when to start worrying about him leaving OU.

When Joe C. brought him in here, I think he knew what he was doing as far as getting a class act coach that doesn't back down on commitments. Same thing goes for Capel, we have the best A.D. in the nation, and I trust the moves he's made as far as character hires.

sooner518
1/23/2007, 06:23 PM
sounds familiar
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/brown_saban_032306_300.jpg

(no idea why hes wearing a UT shirt, I just thought it was funny)

crawfish
1/23/2007, 06:35 PM
Jerry Jones would never give him the control he'd require.

At least I hope. :)

OK2LA
1/23/2007, 06:43 PM
Coach Stoops has said before he wants to see his children through school here in Oklahoma. What grades are they in? That way I'll REALLY know when to start worrying about him leaving OU.

When Joe C. brought him in here, I think he knew what he was doing as far as getting a class act coach that doesn't back down on commitments. Same thing goes for Capel, we have the best A.D. in the nation, and I trust the moves he's made as far as character hires.

You're a "glass is half full" kind of guy aren't you

stoopified
1/23/2007, 07:12 PM
The twins(Issac and Drake are around 8(I'm thinking they were born summer of'99).I have said since 2000 that Bon was going to be here until the kids are out of high school at least.That gives another 8-10 years so I ain't worried.I still believe Bob will be here long enough to Break Barry's win total of 157.Ithink he WILL break it at or around the 15 year mark.With the advent of a 12 game regular season we will play 12-14 games every year.If Bob were to duplicate his first eight yeaers performance in the next 7 seasons he would stand at 161 wins (approx.) after fifteen yesrs.Relax Bob isn't going anywhere for quite a long time.

swardboy
1/23/2007, 07:28 PM
Yep, he's outta here....

MichiganSooner
1/23/2007, 07:35 PM
Bob has the best job where he is.

OK2LA
1/23/2007, 07:48 PM
The twins(Issac and Drake are around 8(I'm thinking they were born summer of'99).I have said since 2000 that Bon was going to be here until the kids are out of high school at least.That gives another 8-10 years so I ain't worried.I still believe Bob will be here long enough to Break Barry's win total of 157.Ithink he WILL break it at or around the 15 year mark.With the advent of a 12 game regular season we will play 12-14 games every year.If Bob were to duplicate his first eight yeaers performance in the next 7 seasons he would stand at 161 wins (approx.) after fifteen yesrs.Relax Bob isn't going anywhere for quite a long time.

Blinders: ON

royalfan5
1/23/2007, 08:46 PM
When can I start the Callahan to OU rumors?

oumartin
1/23/2007, 08:47 PM
Guy won a National Championship here, He can stay as long as he don't lose control of the program.. Go to the NFL and you might not have a job afer next year.

and the one clause in Pete Carrols contract. He can leave to coach at Oklahoma

TX_SOONER_FAN
1/23/2007, 08:55 PM
Oh no, the story headline was "Stoops Committed to Oklahoma". I bet Mack's already on the phone with him to decommit because he's heard OU will be on probation.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2007, 09:12 PM
Nahh, we hire Saban and Bama forgets about Franchione. :D

LittleWingSooner
1/23/2007, 09:35 PM
There is not a job that Stoops will leave for right now. The only opening I was worried about at all was the Steelers. He's from that area. Probably grew up a Steeler fan in the 70's. He's the type of coach that city likes. The Steelers took the DC from the Vikes so there's no worry there. I think Stoops may some day get tired of coaching here but it's not gonna be for another 5-10 year range.

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 09:39 PM
Inside scoop has it that the King is rerecomending Blake .
Thanks for the memories Bob, You brought Pride back to the SOONERS

Sooner-N-KS
1/23/2007, 09:40 PM
I think Stoops may some day get tired of coaching here but it's not gonna be for another 5-10 year range.

......then "Long Live Coach Heupel"

oufan1
1/23/2007, 09:41 PM
Oh no, the story headline was "Stoops Committed to Oklahoma". I bet Mack's already on the phone with him to decommit because he's heard OU will be on probation.
Spek!

Rogue
1/23/2007, 09:48 PM
Bob may just pull a Tiki Barber and get out while he's on top of his game. He's prolly just gonna retire mid-season next year. No use coming to Oklahoma if you're a high school kid with talent. We'll never get another good coach again and all is doom and gloom in OK. You'd prolly be better off going to play for that crazy-*** loon in Baton Rouge or to get on TV once a year playing in Stillwater. Yup, don't go to Norman, they have nowhere to go but down.

TXBOOMER
1/23/2007, 10:34 PM
Jerry Jones is going to hire Norv Turner like the fool that he is. I just hope no Sooners go play for the loser. They will be 7-9 or 8-8 as long as he is there. Now, if they hire Wade Phillips, I'd like to see some Sooners come in.

olevetonahill
1/23/2007, 10:43 PM
Hell No Bob wont Go , Hell No Bob Wont Go , Hell No Bob Wont Go .
Bob has more Class than to leave Us , High and Dry .
Yup he will eventially leave OU , But He will leave with Class ;)

oumartin
1/23/2007, 10:54 PM
and besides he is 2 MNC behind barry and bud..

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 10:59 PM
I just heard he is taking a defensive coordinator job under Todd Graham at Tulsa.

SoCal
1/24/2007, 04:12 PM
Oklahoma lost two commitments this week, including wide receiver James Kirkendoll of Round Rock, Texas, one of the top-rated players who had been pledged to the Sooners. Kirkendoll mentioned comments he'd heard about Rhett Bomar and possible probation for OU played in his decision. It's not the first report of negative recruiting being used against the Sooners, who claim 11 commitments just 13 days before national signing day. You can bet the Stoops-to-Dallas links were being used, too — and would have escalated — had the Sooners coach not addressed the speculation. So Stoops, who typically ignores rumors about his job opportunities, broke character and issued his statement for the sake of the Sooners, who need to close strong to make the most of a small recruiting class.

http://www.benmaller.com/

mojohornfan
1/24/2007, 04:18 PM

I've got a damn good candidate for ya. Greg Davis!;)

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 07:58 PM
Jerry Jones is going to hire Norv Turner like the fool that he is. I just hope no Sooners go play for the loser. They will be 7-9 or 8-8 as long as he is there. Now, if they hire Wade Phillips, I'd like to see some Sooners come in.

I'd hate to see any Sooners play for Jerry Jones. That man is the worst.
It doesn't matter who becomes the coach for the Cowboys... they'll just be the token coach as far as I'm concerned.

Why doesn't Jerry just go ahead and name himself as coach and save us all the misery of having to listen to all the speculation of who's going to be dumb enough to work for that man.

OU-HSV
1/27/2007, 08:08 PM
I'd hate to see any Sooners play for Jerry Jones. That man is the worst.
It doesn't matter who becomes the coach for the Cowboys... they'll just be the token coach as far as I'm concerned.

Why doesn't Jerry just go ahead and name himself as coach and save us all the misery of having to listen to all the speculation of who's going to be dumb enough to work for that man.
Roy Williams plays for Jerry Jones

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 08:13 PM
Roy Williams plays for Jerry Jones

I know he does. I still hate to see Sooners go and play for him though. JMO.

OU-HSV
1/27/2007, 08:21 PM
I know he does. I still hate to see Sooners go and play for him though. JMO.
I just wish Jerry would retire. I would keep up w/Dallas more if he did. And I'd like to see more Sooners go there at that point. I simply don't like the way he's too involved.

SoonerGirl06
1/27/2007, 08:39 PM
I just wish Jerry would retire. I would keep up w/Dallas more if he did. And I'd like to see more Sooners go there at that point. I simply don't like the way he's too involved.

Yep. Yep and Yep. I used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan... but Jerry just turned me off big time. I can't support a team he's in control of.

OU-HSV
1/27/2007, 08:41 PM
Yep. Yep and Yep. I used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan... but Jerry just turned me off big time. I can't support a team he's in control of.
That's kinda what's happened to me as well

85sooners
1/27/2007, 08:46 PM
:pop:

birddog
1/28/2007, 12:50 AM
i thought upchurch was baned? :confused:

man, i miss him over there on the b-ball board. he could really start a ruckus or three.

oumartin
1/28/2007, 02:25 AM
why because Calvin left Capel with probation and recruits leaving and this season has not been superb?

josh09
1/28/2007, 06:51 PM
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops issued this statement today regarding his future with the Sooners....

"To end speculation here in the heart of recruiting I want to make it
clear that I am not interested in any other coaching positions at this
time. I am too excited about our future at Oklahoma and the program
we're continuing to build."

courtesy OU SID

yeeeeeaaaaa boy

LittleWingSooner
1/28/2007, 07:04 PM
why because Calvin left Capel with probation and recruits leaving and this season has not been superb?

We have a decent team in basketball. Just inexperienced. The biggest sins "Calvin" made were not redshirting Bookout(imagine this team with a tough guy inside) and recruiting guys like McKenzie and Lavender who weren't a fit.