PDA

View Full Version : USC's O coordinator/recruiting coordinator/receivers coach, Kiffin to coach Raiders

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 03:48 PM
Just in case nobody else knew. It's on espn and uscfootball.com

and he's only 31...

Blues1
1/23/2007, 05:42 PM
Wow - young age to head coach of a pro team....!!!!

Dio
1/23/2007, 07:06 PM
Like Matt Linehart, I hope this guy's tired of winning football games. The Raidahs will not see the good side of 4-12 until Al Davis is 6 feet under, has his ashes sent into space, has his head frozen, whatever. Good luck with all that, Lane.

batonrougesooner
1/23/2007, 08:38 PM
That's quite a promotion for a guy with relatively so little coaching experience.

I hope he does well.

OUstud
1/23/2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone just listen to ESPN Radio, with Gottlieb? He was blasting Al, and it was pretty funny.

Oldnslo
1/23/2007, 09:24 PM
Just win, baby. Someday. Maybe.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 11:10 PM
Awww... poor rubbers. :D

tnraider1
1/24/2007, 09:57 AM
Like Matt Linehart, I hope this guy's tired of winning football games. The Raidahs will not see the good side of 4-12 until Al Davis is 6 feet under, has his ashes sent into space, has his head frozen, whatever. Good luck with all that, Lane.

This coming from a Saints fan??????

Madden was too young to be a head coach. The same thing was said before he hired Gruden. Same thing was said when he fired Gruden. He was crazy for hiring the first Hispanic Coach. He was crazy when he hired the first Black coach. Bash Big Al all if you want, but when it comes down to it, Al has done more for the football world than just about anyone else that ever graced the sport. If it weren't for Al Davis, you would not be watching NFL football today as you know it.

The Raiders will be fine. In case you have forgotten, the Raiders are still one of the winningest teams of all time. Don't let your hate get the best of you.

mikeelikee
1/25/2007, 04:45 PM
In light of the revelations over the last couple of days about Reggie Bush, this may be a case of the first rat to jump off the ship, figuratively speaking.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/25/2007, 04:56 PM

The Raiders will be fine. In case you have forgotten, the Raiders are still one of the winningest teams of all time. Don't let your hate get the best of you.

They "were" one of the winningest teams of all-time. At one time I they were #1. The last several years have taken them down the list quite a bit.

I think the Raiders only turn things around after Al Davis dies or gets out of the way. I'm not sure the former will accomplish the latter. ;)

SoonerJLB
1/25/2007, 05:47 PM
Lane Kiffin wasn't that well liked around the Trojan camp. A lot of talk around was that he was too inexperienced and over his head and just got the SC gig because Lane's Dad Monte Kiffin and PC were good friends. Especially, after getting beat by the Beavs and Bruins.

Dio
1/25/2007, 06:01 PM

Madden was too young to be a head coach. The same thing was said before he hired Gruden. Same thing was said when he fired Gruden. He was crazy for hiring the first Hispanic Coach. He was crazy when he hired the first Black coach. Bash Big Al all if you want, but when it comes down to it, Al has done more for the football world than just about anyone else that ever graced the sport. If it weren't for Al Davis, you would not be watching NFL football today as you know it.

No hate here, just the disappointment of watching the Raiders- one of my favorite teams- shoot itself in the foot again. Yes, the Raiders used to be dominant. Yes, the Raiders used to have a Commitment to Excellence. But look at Al's other hires since Art Shell v 1.0- Norv Turner, Mike White, Joe Bugel, Bill Callenburger, and Shell the sequel. I classify the Gruden hire in the "blind squirrel finding a nut" category. The sad fact is, for all of Al's past innovation and glory, the game has passed him by. I hope this hire works out well, but given Al's track record the last 20 years, I'm not holding my breath.