PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Norman

Widescreen
1/23/2007, 12:04 AM
We're staying in Norman tonight for a funeral in Moore tomorrow. Ate at Saltgrass tonight - I didn't realize they had expanded in to Oklahoma. It's good to be in God's country again.

GottaHavePride
1/23/2007, 12:05 AM
It used to be a Joe's Crab Shack. and howdy. ;)

proud gonzo
1/23/2007, 12:13 AM
i haven't been to that place yet--is it good?

Widescreen
1/23/2007, 12:23 AM
I love it. It's a chain but it blows places like Outback away. If you can make it past the Texas flag that flies above the front door, you're golden.

Mongo
1/23/2007, 12:28 AM
i haven't been to that place yet--is it good?

The place is great for a non picky/non allergic. For starters, order the Range Rattlers or fried mushrooms(they are the size of your fist).

I prefer a steak grilled by my own hands, but Saltgrass is good. It just depends on what kind of cut you want and how you want it cooked. I have had the prime rib and ribeye, but have tasted the t-bone and sirloin. All great, but depends on what you like.

proud gonzo
1/23/2007, 12:53 AM
cool

yermom
1/23/2007, 03:49 AM
i just wasn't that impressed when i ate at one in Texas a few years ago, i thought Texas Roadhouse was better

i can't believe they put it that close to Santa Fe AND Outback

jk the sooner fan
1/23/2007, 07:07 AM
count me out as a fan of saltgrass.....their fried mushrooms and the beer batter bread are about the only thing i liked there....certainly not the steaks

but it doesnt mean The Outback is any better

its getting to the point where the steakhouses cant cook a steak unless its rare or medium

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 10:32 AM
If you can make it past the Texas flag that flies above the front door, you're golden.

And that's where they lose me!

J-Rod12
1/23/2007, 11:06 AM
Pepe's or Pad Thai for me tonight!

proud gonzo
1/23/2007, 12:34 PM
count me out as a fan of saltgrass.....their fried mushrooms and the beer batter bread are about the only thing i liked there....certainly not the steaks

but it doesnt mean The Outback is any better

its getting to the point where the steakhouses cant cook a steak unless its rare or mediumI always order my steaks medium, and up until recently, they would almost always overcook my steak pretty much anywhere I went. Not a big deal; I'm cool with medium-well. But the past couple of times I've ordered steaks, they were undercooked.