PDA

View Full Version : What the F is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!

melbitoast
1/22/2007, 10:57 PM
How the hell did we lose 2 WR commits in one afternoon? Have the coaches totally fallen off the ****ing rocker?

Collier11
1/22/2007, 10:58 PM
I think there is already a thread about this ;)

melbitoast
1/22/2007, 11:02 PM
yeah, but i'm ****ed. we had better make a BIG push with our remaining schollys. does everyone believe that all the negative slander is the factor that is causing these guys to bail?
i just don't get it. are the coaches making any attempt to rebuttle these statements other schools are making?

Collier11
1/22/2007, 11:04 PM
I am gonna be very interested to see the interaction between Stoops and brown before and after next years game. Mack is a snake and it could come back and haunt him.

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 11:07 PM
I think based on Kirkendol's comments on Rivals that he is just selling us out now that he has an offer from Texas... That is not the reason why he de- committed it is because Texas was always his first choice... That he is just putting that out there now because he is a Short Horn.... in my opinion...

Bad day for Sumlin overall- also it may not of helped that he was interviewing with Miami- although I believe both are seperate and Isolated incidents and not reason of negative recruiting really being a factor. I could be wrong...

melbitoast
1/22/2007, 11:08 PM
i hope stoops walks to mid-field next year, and busts out mack's other knee. i'm just baffled at OUr inability to attract the big recruits this year. with our limited scholarships, recruits should know that if OU is offering them, they're obviously something special. and with such a small class, within 2 years, they're going to be the BMOCs.

Collier11
1/22/2007, 11:09 PM
It could be also that we have Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson, Tennell, Caleb, Chaney, Gresham, and FInley all coming back. They are just spineless and afraid of competition, ;)

CatfishSooner
1/22/2007, 11:27 PM
we are loaded...

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 01:30 AM
Where is the kid from? He may have been hearing the yearly "Stoops to Dallas" story from the phone in Austin.

The Consumate Showman
1/23/2007, 01:53 AM
I am hoping that we pick up a couple of recruits to ease these pains right now. I think our WR position will be fine due to the fact that we are more than likely - and God I hope - going to get Jameel Owens and another big WR out of Texas as well.

I am still ****sed that Kirkendoll decommitted, but I hate to tell him, there's alreadt a kid committed there by the name of Chiles that will bury him on UT's depth chart.

I am going to stick by my prediction that '08's class will be monumental.

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 02:16 AM
I am gonna be very interested to see the interaction between Stoops and brown before and after next years game. Mack is a snake and it could come back and haunt him.
It might not affect Stoops whatsoever. Mack can take whatever he wants....

...we have Stoops;) don't ever forget that.

Please let's go back to recruiting underrated players that want to work for a championship, players that have every bit of talent that not very many other schools can see....oh please bob and staff...please do this...

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 02:18 AM
I am hoping that we pick up a couple of recruits to ease these pains right now. I think our WR position will be fine due to the fact that we are more than likely - and God I hope - going to get Jameel Owens and another big WR out of Texas as well.

I am still ****sed that Kirkendoll decommitted, but I hate to tell him, there's alreadt a kid committed there by the name of Chiles that will bury him on UT's depth chart.

I am going to stick by my prediction that '08's class will be monumental.
also include malcolm williams from garland, I think competition at UT would be too great for kirkendoll whereas he could redshirt with us and guarantee to start a year in his career

caphorns
1/23/2007, 10:25 AM
With the Brantley decommit, I think we've solidified that Chiles is going to get a very serious look at QB and will redshirt his first year. This opened up another spot for a receiver/corner type. Collins from Brenham was originally thought to be a corner recruit, but excelled as a receiver his senior season. Kirk then fits the receiver/corner mold. Not sure where these guys will end up but I'm sure of one thing - this kid always wanted to be a Longhorn and was just waiting for the offer. When our transfer numbers were known by the staff and they also received word that Coles and McKnight were not interested, I'm sure it game them the green light. This one is NOT on your coaches at all. They took a shot at a good athlete and would have landed him if not for the events that transpired at Texas freeing up a scholly for Kirk. They could have spent all month with the guy and he still would have taken the Texas offer.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 11:03 AM
Mack is a snake...
C'mon, man, you're flying off the handle. There isn't a more decent and honest coach out there than Mack.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 11:26 AM
C'mon, man, you're flying off the handle. There isn't a more decent and honest coach out there than Mack.

I'm no fan of Texas, but that's a true statement.

The only person that comes to mind that might beat him in that stat is Osbourn.

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 11:44 AM

...except Stoops!

MojoRisen
1/23/2007, 01:08 PM

Mack can sell indian pinney wort too an indian.... All I know is he really screwed an all ACC QB in Stanicek- They would beg to differ on his honesty and decency... Mr. Applewhite being another...

Can't really talk any smack on Osbourne....

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 01:27 PM
Mack can sell indian pinney wort too an indian.... All I know is he really screwed an all ACC QB in Stanicek- They would beg to differ on his honesty and decency... Mr. Applewhite being another...

Can't really talk any smack on Osbourne....
Mack plays the guys he think gives him the best chance to win. He doesn't promise anybody PT during recruiting, and he's honest to a fault when telling recruits where their college positions will be, even if it means he loses those recruits (Eric Winston, et al).

He's an honest and decent man. Just because he's the coach at your rival school doesn't mean you have to demonize him unfairly.

starrca23
1/23/2007, 01:40 PM
Herr, can you honestly say that Simms should have gotten a single snap while Major Applewhite was there? It is things like that that make me not like Mack. Or a kid using his name specifically when speaking on negative recruiting. i don't care about Kirkenstuff if he wants to be a Horn so be it.

MojoRisen
1/23/2007, 01:41 PM
Mack plays the guys he think gives him the best chance to win. He doesn't promise anybody PT during recruiting, and he's honest to a fault when telling recruits where their college positions will be, even if it means he loses those recruits (Eric Winston, et al).

He's an honest and decent man. Just because he's the coach at your rival school doesn't mean you have to demonize him unfairly.

Do you really think Chrissy Sims better than Applewhite? Stanicek was all ACC and only a Sophmore when he got benched for a true freshman... I think he makes promises to certain recruits that they will play....

Besides that all is good....

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 02:43 PM
He doesn't promise anyone anything. Applewhite tore his knee up in the bowl game his Junior year and Simms was running the 1st team all Spring and Summer before he was the starter. He also had a million dollar arm. In retrospect, it was a bad move because he's still making the same mistakes today that he did back then (not very cerebral). Applewhite was a winner and should have been the starter but hindsight's 20/20. And the persistent rumor among Sooner and aggy faithful that Mack promised Simms he would be the starter when he recruited him is just wishful thinking used in order to denigrate Brown. Never happened.

Like I said, he plays the guys he thinks will give him the best chance of winning. He's honest with every player that they have to earn their spots.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 02:49 PM
Brown is rated higher by his former players than Stoops in terms of being honest with them BTW.

http://coachratings.com/rating_result_compare.jsp?cID=29&ccID=32

starrca23
1/23/2007, 03:07 PM
1. The offensive player of the year! You are going to replace the offensive player of the year! Give me a break. I, along with the rest of the Sooner faithful, must have just had a "lucky hunch" about the Applewhite/Simms situation. Believe me, we were tickled to see Simms in the game.
2. That coaches rating has got to be the worst source of info of all time. 11 of the 300-400 player these guys have coached have rated them.
3. I'm going to agree to disagree with you Herr. You are pretty descent for a Horn, and this isn't worth arguing over anymore. Besides I don't dislike Mack that much. He has been pretty good to the Sooner the past eight years. Give or take a year or two.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 03:18 PM
I, along with the rest of the Sooner faithful, must have just had a "lucky hunch" about the Applewhite/Simms situation.
You want to believe the worst about Brown in this situation. Mack never promised either Simms anything. In addition, Applewhite lost plenty of games too before he got hurt BTW. It wasn't like we won any conference titles with him at the helm, a convenient fact you guys always forget in this discussion.

He has been pretty good to the Sooner the past eight years. Give or take a year or two.
Try 3 in the past 8 years. Mack is 3-5 vs. Stoops. 4-5 vs. OU. He'll get to .500 vs. your school this October.

MojoRisen
1/23/2007, 03:24 PM
You want to believe the worst about Brown in this situation. Mack never promised either Simms anything. In addition, Applewhite lost plenty of games too before he got hurt BTW. It wasn't like we won any conference titles with him at the helm, a convenient fact you guys always forget in this discussion.

Try 3 in the past 8 years. Mack is 3-5 vs. Stoops. 4-5 vs. OU. He'll get to .500 vs. your school this October.

Benched by Mack Brown for a true Freshman recruit-
JASON STANICEK
Jason Stanicek graduated as the school's all-time leader in career total offense, a record which has since been broken. Stanicek still ranks second with 5,497 total yards. He is first at UNC in career completions, second in career passing yards and sixth in career touchdown passes. Stanicek is tied for the most wins by a starting quarterback in UNC history with 24. Stanicek earned second-team All-ACC in 1993.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know anything about that Stanicek guy. I can't speak to that situation intelligently. I do know, however, that he never won a conference title. Mack was obviously trying to get over the FSU hump that Stanicek couldn't get them over. Again, probably just playing the guy he thought gave him the best chance at winning.

Have you ever heard ANY quote from ANYBODY saying Mack Brown promised someone this or lied to a recruit about that? No you haven't. Not even a kid who he recruited and never came here. He's an honest guy.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2007, 03:35 PM
Well let's see, 3 recruits have said they were told OU was going on probation. One is at Notre Dame and had no reason to lie. One is going to Texas and surely Mack wouldn't recruit such a dishonest guy :P. One is going to Tennessee and specifically labelled Mack and really there is almost no reason for him to lie either. Let's face it, Mack can be just as shady a little bitch as anyone else.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 03:37 PM
Well let's see, 3 recruits have said they were told OU was going on probation. One is at Notre Dame and had no reason to lie. One is going to Texas and surely Mack wouldn't recruit such a dishonest guy :P. One is going to Tennessee and specifically labelled Mack and really there is almost no reason for him to lie either. Let's face it, Mack can be just as shady a little bitch as anyone else.
Believe what you want. We never recruited the Jones character and Kirkendoll was the one who was beating on our door, not the other way around. He sent Mack a highlight tape, it wasn't Mack calling him relentlessly or anything.

I've got several stories about Sooner coaches badmouthing UT so even if Mack did do this, you guys don't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 03:38 PM
One is at Notre Dame and had no reason to lie.
Surely you're not blaming your Romine loss on Mack as well are you?

TexasSooner01
1/23/2007, 03:40 PM
Texas still Sucks!

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2007, 03:49 PM
Surely you're not blaming your Romine loss on Mack as well are you?

No but it seems interesting that there is a pattern. Mack is dirty and will say a lot of things to get recruits, don't act like he gets all of these 5 star recruits by holding their hand and telling them he loves them. I guarentee you that Mack badmouths OU to every recruit we have in common. Likewise I guarentee that Bob Stoops says bad things about Texas. Now by saying Bob Stoops and Mack say these things, I am saying that for the most part it is their subordinates doing it but yes it does happen. You don't think the OU staff isn't going into recruits houses and saying things about Texas kids driving around with pounds of weed and loaded weapons and the lack of control from Mack or they don't talk about articles of Pro teams saying they would always recruit OU players over Texas players if they are even. Recruiting isn't friendly...

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 03:55 PM
No but it seems interesting that there is a pattern. Mack is dirty and will say a lot of things to get recruits, don't act like he gets all of these 5 star recruits by holding their hand and telling them he loves them.
UT and Austin sell themselves. But like I said, believe what you want about Mack. There's no evidence to back up what you said but OK.

Maybe the pattern is that players are actually worried about OU getting in trouble with the NCAA and has nothing to do with Mack.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 04:11 PM
UT and Austin sell themselves. But like I said, believe what you want about Mack. There's no evidence to back up what you said but OK.

Maybe the pattern is that players are actually worried about OU getting in trouble with the NCAA and has nothing to do with Mack.

OU hasnt gotten in any trouble under Stoops, it is not the schools fault that two guys were extremely selfish and took advantage of Stoops' trust!!! And people wonder why stoops is so cranky all the time, you tell me any other coach that has coached in 3 national title games in 8 years, and has won 4 conf titles and been called overrated or said that he is floundering(maybe marv levy) and then add on that Stoops stud qb whom everyone thought could lead us to another natl title if he could just quit being such a hot head goes out and takes advantage of Coach for trusting him. All for a few thousand dollars.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2007, 04:11 PM
There is 30 programs and their towns that sell themselves, let's not act like Austin and UT are so grand that Mack walks in puts a scholarship on the table and walks out. It's very naive to think your coach always do right like he is ****ing Santa Claus or something.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 04:16 PM

are you dating mack or what? unless you guys cuddle up and chat over coco every night i dont know how you know exactly what mack brown does on his recruiting trips or what he says to kids.

im not saying he does recruit negatively which i think most coaches do to an extent, but if your gonna claim were blind to the situation by blaming it on mack, your just as bad for thinking mack is some saint that never does anything wrong. theres two sides to every story and being that your on a sooner board youre gonna have to be prepared to deal with that opinion.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 04:18 PM
Brown is rated higher by his former players than Stoops in terms of being honest with them BTW.

with only 11 and 15 players polled this isnt the most reliable poll, let alone the fact that its not really a credible source

Collier11
1/23/2007, 04:31 PM
maybe mack should worry a little more about people like Romance and Vince(im a gangsta) and other thugs that he has getting in trouble and not worry about OU's issues so much, that is for Coach Stoops.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:34 PM
...or they don't talk about articles of Pro teams saying they would always recruit OU players over Texas players if they are even.
BTW, the Horns have a couple of players playing in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks. UT had more than OU in last year's Super Bowl as well.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:37 PM
but if your gonna claim were blind to the situation by blaming it on mack...
There's no "blame" to be passed around. The kid chose the school he wanted. No crime was committed. You guys are sore but it's not like we did anything wrong.

And like I said before, the Sooner coaching staff talks trash about UT all the time so it's not like you guys can complain about it. When Chase Pittman was on a recruiting visit to Norman, the OU staff was laughing at a video of his dead brother Cole getting beaten on a play in one of the RRS games. Needless to say, that didn't go over too well.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:39 PM
Vince(im a gangsta) and other thugs that he has getting in trouble...
:confused:

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 04:40 PM
There's no "blame" to be passed around. The kid chose the school he wanted. No crime was committed. You guys are sore but it's not like we did anything wrong.

And like I said before, the Sooner coaching staff talks trash about UT all the time so it's not like you guys can complain about it. When Chase Pittman was on a recruiting visit to Norman, the OU staff was laughing at a video of his dead brother Cole getting beaten on a play in one of the RRS games. Needless to say, that didn't go over too well.

i dont really care where he goes, i think developing good talent is important so losing a 4 star doesnt make me lose sleep at night.

the 2nd half of your post is my point...what source do you have for this crap. i could go on whorn board and start spouting off but its not believable without a source.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 04:41 PM
IN the SB OU has 4(Harris, Bradley, Runnels, Dvoracek) , texas has 2( benson and vasher)? In the playoffs as a whole Ou has 11, texas has 7. Just saying!!

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 04:41 PM

I would not be too sure about this right here. You guys have to worry about replacing an elite OL unit, a secondary(marcus griffin will not be a 1 man secondary) and DEs

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 04:42 PM
BTW, the Horns have a couple of players playing in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks. UT had more than OU in last year's Super Bowl as well.

we should really judge programs on how many of our players are on super bowl teams :rolleyes: that makes sense, theres 53 guys on a team with maybe 2-3 max coming from the same school so this really is irrelevant

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 04:45 PM
also considering that chizik is no longer the D coordinator. you could argue though and I have heard from you and other horns is that chizik and the other guy were not on the same page this year and I can agree to that but chizik pulled the hammer on quite a few teams during his era at UT. He was one of the factors to win the NC title in 05, besides VY and an elite OL. I'm not saying your defense will be absolutely terrible but, it won't be near as good as it was in 05 and 06

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:51 PM
the 2nd half of your post is my point...what source do you have for this crap.
Chase Pittman was the source. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:53 PM
IN the SB OU has 4(Harris, Bradley, Runnels, Dvoracek) , texas has 2( benson and vasher)?
Yes, but our 2 actually play in the game. That's why I said "playing".

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 04:53 PM
its not burst, you underestimate my bubble i guess. i was just wondering who your source was, im sure you understand it makes your comments more credible to have one (or not you cant be that smart to be a UT fan).

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not saying your defense will be absolutely terrible but, it won't be near as good as it was in 05 and 06
It wasn't very good in '06 so I don't think your point holds water. You think we'll give up more than 45 to KSU next season?

I think we'll have a slight dropoff in talent and experience but I think our scheming will be better with the co-coordinators on the same page. I think our LBs will be MUCH better. We've got capable backups in all other positions. Still very capable of being a top 10 D.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 04:57 PM
Harris is All-pro when healthy and bradley starts when he is healthy.. we dont know about dvoracek cus he has been hurt. Benson shares carries and vasher is an above average corner so I guess I dont get what you are saying

Collier11
1/23/2007, 04:59 PM
Still very capable of being a top 10 D.
you werent even top 20 last year and you lose half of your starters???

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 04:59 PM
Harris is All-pro when healthy and bradley starts when he is healthy.. we dont know about dvoracek cus he has been hurt. Benson shares carries and vasher is an above average corner so I guess I dont get what you are saying
My guys helped get the Bears to the Super Bowl. Yours didn't. None of the named Sooners played significant minutes this year (believe me, I had Bradley on my fantasy team this year - complete waste of a pick).

Benson just scored a TD in the NFC title game and Vasher had a pick and a fumble recovery.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 05:01 PM
Harris didnt play a significant role??? How far off did the Bears D drop when he got hurt? I know you are a texas fan but come on now

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:07 PM
Chase Pittman was the source. Sorry to burst your bubble.

on 2nd thought chase pittman isnt a real reliable source on things happening recently at UT. hasnt he been at lsu for like 2 or 3 years?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2007, 05:08 PM
I am not even talking about NFL players, what I am saying is that scouts have said Texas players acted like they were doing the scouts favors by working out and OU players were begging them to do more.

Harry Beanbag
1/23/2007, 05:09 PM
Not only can Tommie Harris crap helmets, but he can make the starting Pro Bowl roster without playing any significant minutes this season. Dude's awesome.

Herr Scholz
on 2nd thought chase pittman isnt a real reliable source on things happening recently at UT. hasnt he been at lsu for like 2 or 3 years?
He was a very reliable source on his very own trip to Norman which is what I was talking about. He didn't come to UT because it was a daily reminder of his dead brother.

Gandalf_The_Grey
SO Chase Pittman is honorable and trust worthy but Gerald Jones is a lying deceptive scumbag.....

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:11 PM
Harris didnt play a significant role???
No, he didn't. He got hurt a long time ago this season. The team that is in the Super Bowl didn't play with him.

How far off did the Bears D drop when he got hurt? I know you are a texas fan but come on now
Seperate issue. He's a good player but he hasn't been a part of this Chicago run.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 05:11 PM
So is kirkendoll and romine I guess???

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:12 PM
He was a very reliable source on his very own trip to Norman which is what I was talking about. He didn't come to UT because it was a daily reminder of his dead brother.

that doesnt give anything you claim to know about mack brown and what he says to kids on recruiting trips. pittman would know what was said to him but that doesnt make it uniform to every recruit

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:13 PM
SO Chase Pittman is honorable and trust worthy but Gerald Jones is a lying deceptive scumbag.....
Well, I know Chase and he's a good kid. He also had an offer from UT and made a documented recruiting trip to Norman from which he told this story.

The Jones kid never got an offer from Texas. Everything in his story was a lie. Mack doesn't give offers over the phone, he certainly doesn't give offers out to a kid he's never met, he doesn't give his cel # out and nobody related to UT ever heard of the guy. Draw your own conclusions.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:14 PM
No, he didn't. He got hurt a long time ago this season. The team that is in the Super Bowl didn't play with him.

Seperate issue. He's a good player but he hasn't been a part of this Chicago run.

HAHA watch a bears game early in the season and see the impact he made. bradley wasnt a huge force but see how many teams effectively ran the ball up the middle with harris in there and see how many do it now, watch the seahawks game, they owned the run up the middle that was non existent when harris was in there

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:15 PM
HAHA watch a bears game early in the season and see the impact he made. bradley wasnt a huge force but see how many teams effectively ran the ball up the middle with harris in there and see how many do it now, watch the seahawks game, they owned the run up the middle that was non existent when harris was in there
How did they do in the NFC title game? BIG impact.

Collier11

Harris played in 12 games, thats 75% of the season and he made the pro-bowl. Chicago's D gave up 9.8ppg when he was healthy and 21.5ppg after he got hurt. So try again Herr! True he hasnt gotten to play in the playoffs but to say that he wasnt a big part of this team making the super bowl is rediculous. If they gave up that many points all season they may not have even made the playoffs

NorthernIowaSooner
Well, I know Chase and he's a good kid. He also had an offer from UT and made a documented recruiting trip to Norman from which he told this story.

The Jones kid never got an offer from Texas. Everything in his story was a lie. Mack doesn't give offers over the phone, he certainly doesn't give offers out to a kid he's never met, he doesn't give his cel # out and nobody related to UT ever heard of the guy. Draw your own conclusions.

once again, do you know mack? do you know gerald jones? im gonna guess no on both counts so my conclusion is you dont know all you claim to know. just because you know one player that transferred from UT doesnt mean you know what mack does 4 yrs later

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:17 PM
How did they do in the NFC title game? BIG impact.

im gonna say the fact they threw up 39 points had a lot to do with it. i feel a lot of bitterness from harris snubbing UT still. get over it dude. obviously the bears are better with him.

Harry Beanbag
1/23/2007, 05:18 PM

He was at UT for 2 years. :confused:

The Consumate Showman
1/23/2007, 05:20 PM
Herr,

at some point you've got to face it and quit trying to make up crap. UT is going to experience a down year this year. you had to cheat Iowa to win the, what was that, oh...the alamo bowl, and you had the big 12 in hand, but couldn't eek past KSU or AtM. if your frustration is going to persist, I would like for you to do it with some logic. to say that Tommie wasn't an intergral part of the Bears is just, well, for lack of a better word, RETARDED. He was selected to the pro bowl and all-pro teams. He got hurt in week, what, 12, 13? pretty late in the season. and I hate to mention the fact that the Bears as a team cannot stand Benson and that he is largely ineffective to a UVA alum. Vasher I can respect, but you've got to give Tommie some cred too. He is a beast, you know it, and truth be told, Mack probably would have L O V E D to have him...wasn;t he on that 5 in a row streak or something at OU....food for thought...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2007, 05:20 PM
ANother thing is I always laugh when I see the clip of the fan running in and pushing Eddie Guerrero off of a ladder does that make me an ******* because he is dead?

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:28 PM
He was at UT for 2 years. :confused:
I meant he left because of the constant reminders. Typing too fast.

BASSooner
1/23/2007, 05:30 PM
It wasn't very good in '06 so I don't think your point holds water. You think we'll give up more than 45 to KSU next season?

I think we'll have a slight dropoff in talent and experience but I think our scheming will be better with the co-coordinators on the same page. I think our LBs will be MUCH better. We've got capable backups in all other positions. Still very capable of being a top 10 D.
It was still pretty decent in 06. you guys held us to 10 points which is an accomplishment. Top 10 D is possible although you guys will be weak in the secondary though, all starters but 1 and that group had a terrible pass defense.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:33 PM
you had to cheat Iowa to win the, what was that, oh...the alamo bowl...
Real objective from you. That illegal formation penalty was correct and you know it. Ferentz admitted as much after the game. We didn't cheat anyone.

Kind of retarded yourself there. And at least we won our bowl game again. What's that, 3 losses in a row?

and I hate to mention the fact that the Bears as a team cannot stand Benson
Really? Because he was getting all kinds of high fives and hugs after his TD on Sunday including from Lovie Smith. Wishful thinking on your part. Benson's very much a part of that team now. He's helped them win in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl as has Vasher. Bradley, Runnels, Harris and Dusty? Not so much.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 05:35 PM
Top 10 D is possible although you guys will be weak in the secondary though, all starters but 1 and that group had a terrible pass defense.
tOSU did OK this year replacing 9 starters. Like I said, we have capable backups and several studs who redshirted. Our D will be good.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:36 PM
Bradley, Runnels, Harris and Dusty? Not so much.

once again stupidity and texas fans go hand in hand

Hella Sideburns
1/23/2007, 05:40 PM

He played in 12 games and made the pro bowl roster, you dumb ****.

OSUAggie
1/23/2007, 05:41 PM

Read the previous sentence... "He's helped them win in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl as has Vasher. Bradley, Runnels, Harris and Dusty? Not so much"

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 05:44 PM
Read the previous sentence... "He's helped them win in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl as has Vasher. Bradley, Runnels, Harris and Dusty? Not so much"

geezus, he said help them get to the super bowl. the regular season has no effect on home field or playoff seeds i guess. he helped them get the most direct route there and read the post about PPG with him and without him. they dont do so hot without him and maybe dont make the playoffs or dont get such a good seed at least

CobraKai
1/23/2007, 05:49 PM
Kind of retarded yourself there. And at least we won our bowl game again. What's that, 3 losses in a row?

Close...1 in a row.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 06:00 PM
Guess the concept of actually playing in the playoffs is lost on you.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 06:01 PM
Close...1 in a row.
Right, I was thinking of 3 BCS losses in a row for you guys. Sorry.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 06:03 PM
he helped them get there one way or another. i dont care whether you recognize tommie as an impact player that helped them get there or not, the educated will know otherwise

Harry Beanbag
1/23/2007, 06:05 PM

I can't believe somebody fell for Herr's trap. What's wrong with you people? You should know by now that if you stop talking to him, he'll just go away.

Herr Scholz
1/23/2007, 06:06 PM
Iowa, I didn't bring up the NFL in the first place. My rebuttal to insults about Horns in the NFL was that we'll have players PLAYING in the Super Bowl for the 2nd year in a row and more than OU both times. OU's had 0 play both times BTW.

Here's a picture of Benson and Vasher making game breaking plays in the NFC title game. Harris did well in his limited role this year. He didn't help this team on Sunday though.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/benson_vasher_012207_300.jpg

NorthernIowaSooner
1/23/2007, 06:11 PM
and i still dont see why thats a relevant factor in which program is better... none of those players picked to play in chicago they were drafted, the fact that benson didnt have many carries during the season and vashers a corner help their durability while harris is down in the trenches. guys get hurt, that must mean their college sucks, who cares its a moot point. good for you you have two players playing, dont blow it on your computer feeling so proud of yourself for not having any role in their success

Ash
1/23/2007, 07:23 PM
Iowa, I didn't bring up the NFL in the first place. My rebuttal to insults about Horns in the NFL was that we'll have players PLAYING in the Super Bowl for the 2nd year in a row and more than OU both times. OU's had 0 play both times BTW.

Here's a picture of Benson and Vasher making game breaking plays in the NFC title game. Harris did well in his limited role this year. He didn't help this team on Sunday though.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8123/*********2eh.gif

CatfishSooner
1/23/2007, 07:28 PM
herr, you are a dip ****.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 07:35 PM
IF everyone would go back and read, I dont think I ever said it is a huge problem now. I said that black coaches historically found it hard to get a job in the past and the nfl and ncaa had to put in stupid rules just so the ignorant AD's and owners would give black men a chance

tulsaoilerfan
1/23/2007, 10:52 PM

So you think the Texas coaches had never heard of the top rated player in the state of Oklahoma? Come on Herr, even if they really don't recruit Oklahoma, there is no way in hell they haven't heard of Gerald Jones:pop:

Collier11
1/23/2007, 11:16 PM
well then, I just realized I posted something in the wrong thread. whoopsy

Ground_Attack
1/23/2007, 11:46 PM

Has UT even played in 3 BCS games?

Collier11
1/23/2007, 11:47 PM
ID rather lose the Fiesta Bowl than win the alamo bowl any day, why? That means we won the big 12 most likely and that means we are in the bcs which texas has only been to twice

Collier11
1/24/2007, 12:07 AM
Guess the concept of actually playing in the playoffs is lost on you.

By the way, ced benson has 36 carries for 105 yds in the playoffs. By my estimation that is less than 3 yds a carry, good to see he is contributing in such a big way. And you said you see all his teammates giving him high fives, well no sh*t Herr, he just scored a td in the playoffs. But if you remember, there was mention of his teammates not liking him, fights, and him being a punk and his teammates taking shots at him in practice cus he was such a punk. Also while we are talking about him, what were super ced's stats against OU in his career, just wondering???

The Consumate Showman
1/24/2007, 12:45 AM
Real objective from you. That illegal formation penalty was correct and you know it. Ferentz admitted as much after the game. We didn't cheat anyone.

Really? Because he was getting all kinds of high fives and hugs after his TD on Sunday including from Lovie Smith. Wishful thinking on your part. Benson's very much a part of that team now. He's helped them win in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl as has Vasher. Bradley, Runnels, Harris and Dusty? Not so much.

Teh fact of the matter reamins that UT had to rely on a stupid formation penalty to beat a 6-6 Iowa team that sucked out loud all year. Oh, and at least do a little thinking before you go trying to quote our bowl record and such, or do I have to start mentioning that age old fact: 7 to 4?

As for Benson, I Personally know a Chicago beat writer that attends the Bears camps, games, practices, off season crap, all of it. He has told me repeatedly that his teammates do not care for him. Apparently Cedric thinks that he should be starting over Jones period. I know for a fact that Urlacher creamed his arse more than once in offseason practices last year after the coaches had blown the whistles. Yeah, if I was Lovie, I would probably give him a hug too seeing as Cedric was a 1st round pick and still hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup over an older, MUCH less hyped RB in Jones.:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/24/2007, 12:52 AM
Herr, can you honestly say that Simms should have gotten a single snap while Major Applewhite was there? It is things like that that make me not like Mack. Or a kid using his name specifically when speaking on negative recruiting. i don't care about Kirkenstuff if he wants to be a Horn so be it.Kudos. Herr doesn't know any more about Mack's recruiting game than you or I. What reason would any of us have to doubt the recruit who said Mack did some negative recruiting on OU?

LOLZiLLA
1/24/2007, 02:24 AM
someone give this guy a banstick. there is no need for him to be on this board trying to prove that texas and his lover mack brown are far superior than ou. this is an ou board. not a texas one. if you want to go masturbate over texas go over to your board. i came in here wanting to find out about our commits and i get to read about super bowl players??? wtf is going on!?!?!

Seamus
1/24/2007, 04:33 AM
Harris played in 12 games, thats 75% of the season and he made the pro-bowl. Chicago's D gave up 9.8ppg when he was healthy and 21.5ppg after he got hurt. So try again Herr! True he hasnt gotten to play in the playoffs but to say that he wasnt a big part of this team making the super bowl is rediculous. If they gave up that many points all season they may not have even made the playoffs

Mmmm, pwn3d steer with KC Masterpiece ... :texan:

Seamus
1/24/2007, 04:42 AM
I can't speak intelligently.

Fixed. No charge. Now ...

http://img.tapuz.co.il/forums/17673325.jpg

fwsooner22
1/24/2007, 09:36 AM

Benson....? 20 carries 60/Yards....Jones got that in 1 drive......Benson is playing better now but he was benched for the 1st half of the season because he is a punk.

Vasher also is playing better but has been toast more than any other secondary player on the team.

I have seen every Bears game and 3 in person. Tommie Harris didn't play the last 7 but certainly allowed them to have the home field advantage which in the end may have been the difference. All you had to do was see the Monday night game against AZ. Thats a loss without Harris.

I wouldn't be too proud of the act that Benson has thrown down. Check to see who sits near him when he is out of the game. Its like he has a disease.

Look I hope he has 200 yards a week from Sun. because I am a Bears fan but to say that he has more to do with than Tommie Harris is simply moronic. There was talk of Benson not dressing at the beginning of the season.

fwsooner22
1/24/2007, 09:43 AM
Yea....We beat Iowa.....and you lost to a top 5 team.....Yea for us........What an idiot Longhorn..........So friggin typical........uninformed, uneducated and just flat a waste of time.......Iowa was 6-7 you horn head. It was a high school scrimmage and you almost lost. Yup, we lost but it was the game of the year. You lost another Big XII title when you were favored to win. You lead the league in that category. IOWA is was freakin IOWA. They had losing record in their conference.

47straight
1/24/2007, 02:12 PM

I'd love to teach you about statistics, but it's funnier when you're ignorant and I don't think you can afford me.

47straight
1/24/2007, 02:23 PM

Or boosters and HS coaches on the dole keep repeating the rumor and innuendo HOPING it is true.

Collier11
1/24/2007, 07:46 PM
Tommie Harris didn't play the last 7 but certainly allowed them to have the home field advantage which in the end may have been the difference. .

Thats not right unless you are counting the playoffs, but still he only missed the last 6 counting the playoffs

fwsooner22
1/25/2007, 08:52 AM
Thats not right unless you are counting the playoffs, but still he only missed the last 6 counting the playoffs

Its 7 counting the game he got hurt in and the playoffs............

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 02:59 PM
Couldn't resist. :D Whoever neg speked me with this gem, thank you. I got a hearty laugh.

your an idiot

Reminded me of this t-shirt.

http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-yourretarded-featured-575.jpg

OSUAggie
1/25/2007, 03:09 PM
He ran out of the S O and N iron-on letters to complete the shirt, obviously.

starrca23
1/25/2007, 03:14 PM
I'd love to teach you about statistics, but it's funnier when you're ignorant and I don't think you can afford me.

Trying to get him to understand the term "skewed" would be fun to watch.

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 03:25 PM
Trying to get him to understand the term "skewed" would be fun to watch.
Yes, I understand the sample size in that comparison wasn't large. Mack's still more respected and liked by his former players than Stoops.

starrca23
1/25/2007, 03:35 PM
Whoa there big guy. Respect and like are two totally different things. Everyone "likes" Mac, heck even I do. Remember he gave us half a decade. But that idea of respect is totally different. You don't have to be liked to be respected and Big Bob has more respect by EVERYONE than Mac. He is generally regarded as a better coach than Mac, just ask anyone in the NFL.

As for your poll we haven't even touched quality issues yet.

New_Guy
1/25/2007, 04:11 PM
Where did this thread go?!? I thought it was about how much yalls recruiting SUCKED this year! IMHO, I like the Kirkendoll kid!

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 04:20 PM
Remember he gave us half a decade.
He's also 4-5 vs. OU. He'll reach .500 this upcoming season.

Big Bob has more respect by EVERYONE than Mac.
I think this is a WILD overstatement. Both have a single national title and 2 BCS bowl wins. Both put hordes of players into the NFL. Bob has more conference titles but that's the main difference. Both are very well respected in coaching circles.

Widescreen
1/25/2007, 04:24 PM
He's also 4-5 vs. OU.
Of course that includes his scintellating 1-0 record vs. John Blake. Kudos to him. :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 04:26 PM
Of course that includes his scintellating 1-0 record vs. John Blake. Kudos to him. :rolleyes:
OU hiring crappy coaches during the 90s was your problem, not ours. I'll take a win over OU whomever you throw out there. Don't care. ;)

Mack's 4-5 record vs. OU is spin then? Didn't know you guys started keeping stats only when St. Stoops got to town.

New_Guy
1/25/2007, 04:38 PM
OU hiring crappy coaches during the 90s was your problem, not ours. I'll take a win over OU whomever you throw out there. Don't care. ;)

Mack's 4-5 record vs. OU is spin then? Didn't know you guys started keeping stats only when St. Stoops got to town.
Herr Scholz your a smart man! I totally agree with you 100%

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 04:41 PM
Herr Scholz your a smart man! I totally agree with you 100%
I like to think so. Gracias. ;)

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2007, 04:58 PM
Aww, you're new friend is already baned. :D

Herr Scholz
1/25/2007, 05:01 PM
Aww, you're new friend is already baned. :D
C'est la vie.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2007, 05:06 PM
Aww, you're new troll is already baned. :D

Fixed. ;)

Collier11
1/25/2007, 09:20 PM
Possible good news? I hear that Stephenson will announce tomm morning that he is coming to OU, Sam proctor had a great time on his visit last night, and stradford is back to OU as a soft verbal.

Duke o Brewery
1/26/2007, 03:38 AM
He's also 4-5 vs. OU. He'll reach .500 this upcoming season.

Bold statement considering your whorns will be weaker overall and our Sooners will be stronger.

TJKDone
1/26/2007, 10:20 AM
Bold statement considering your whorns will be weaker overall and our Sooners will be stronger.

At QB your weakness will be too much to overcome. Mack will soon be 5-5 against OU. It won't matter how strong you'll be in other areas, which IMO, is overestimated by you and most Sooners.

Mack has done a much better job at building a solid program that Stoops. You guys still think Bob didn't have any talent when he got there:eek:

Hook'em

Jock Ewing
1/26/2007, 11:53 AM

You might want to keep Blake's cell phone handy. Stoops won a title with his recruits. The last time he was in the big game with his own recruits, his players were begging USC to run out the clock.

Fugue
1/26/2007, 12:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/harleysgal62/Smilies/New/bitenails.gif

Beef
1/26/2007, 12:43 PM
You might want to keep Blake's cell phone handy. Stoops won a title with his recruits. The last time he was in the big game with his own recruits, his players were begging USC to run out the clock.
Aren't you dead?

Rhino
1/26/2007, 12:52 PM
You might want to keep Blake's cell phone handy. Stoops won a title with his recruits. Time after time we debunk this myth, yet retards like Jock still believe it with all their wittle heart.

setem
1/26/2007, 01:26 PM
At QB your weakness will be too much to overcome. Mack will soon be 5-5 against OU. It won't matter how strong you'll be in other areas, which IMO, is overestimated by you and most Sooners.

Mack has done a much better job at building a solid program that Stoops. You guys still think Bob didn't have any talent when he got there:eek:

Hook'em

OMG WE HAVE A NEW QB!!! WHATEVER WILL WE DO!!!

I remember last season all of us sooner fans seemed to think that just because you queers had a new QB. It was going to be an automatic win for us. Do not be so quick to judge a kid before you even see him play. Ole Colt surprised everyone last year. Plus, all of our QB's are on campus so they will have the spring to get ready.

We had some pretty good blocking last year and we return 4 of 5 starters up front. I seem to remember the only reason Colt was any good at all this year was because of your O-line. Your boy is some big trouble this year if that O-line cant get it together. I am sure after he gets smashed into the ground 5 or 6 times a game, he will be the Heisman quality QB everyone knows he is!

I will admit Herpes has done a good job with his program, but you can not say Mack is a better coach than Bob.

Bob can have any job he wanted. I mean Mack is the end all be all of Texas Football Coaches, right? Did Dallas come looking for him when the Tuna left? No!

I am gonna start caring on like SAXET fans do...MACK IS A JOKE! HE IS A HORRIBLE COACH!!!! HE COULDN'T COACH A FANTASY TEAM!

Maybe he has built a better program, at least our coach is STD free!:D

Seamus
1/26/2007, 01:51 PM
I will admit Herpes has done a good job with his program ...

Maybe he has built a better program, at least our coach is STD free!:D

Greatness! Dose of Spek on the way! :D

NorthernIowaSooner
1/26/2007, 02:22 PM
wasnt jason white a supposed weakness before the 2003 season, im not saying any of these guys are the next jason white but lack of experience doesnt mean they arent any good or cant beat texas.

The_Red_Patriot
1/26/2007, 02:39 PM

Hook'em

Stoops has 4 big 12 titles, 1 NC, winning record against Mack

Mack has done WAY better

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/26/2007, 02:49 PM
Mack has been coaching for 30 years and is equal to an 7 year coach!!! Mack is obviously better in all ways!!!

soonernation
1/26/2007, 03:28 PM
Mack has been coaching for 30 years and is equal to an 7 year coach!!! Mack is obviously better in all ways!!!

Mack's not even close to being equal to Stoops. In 30 years Mack has exactly 1 conference title, 2 BCS game appearances and 1 national title. In 7 years Stoops has 4 conference titles, 5 BCS game appearances and 1 national title. I would be willing to bet Mack does not have 4 conference titles by the time he retires.

TJKDone
1/26/2007, 03:49 PM
MY MY...

"I seem to remember the only reason Colt was any good at all this year was because of your O-line."

If that is your reasoning, your QB will not be good next year. Your OL isn't great and may not even be good. This is also telling of the program issue.

When you are good you don't lose to cinderellas like Boise. Stoops gets the most out of his talent. He just doesn't have nearly as much as he has had in the past.

Hook'em

Fraggle145
1/26/2007, 04:00 PM
MY MY...

"I seem to remember the only reason Colt was any good at all this year was because of your O-line."

If that is your reasoning, your QB will not be good next year. Your OL isn't great and may not even be good. This is also telling of the program issue.

When you are good you don't lose to cinderellas like Boise. Stoops gets the most out of his talent. He just doesn't have nearly as much as he has had in the past.

Hook'em

Can we get rid of this guy already... Herr I can tolerate;), this guy is a ******.

fwsooner22
1/26/2007, 04:03 PM
MY MY...

Hook'em

So who was better Boise St. or Kansas State.....Boise or A&M......Boise or Iowa........

Its OK for Mac to lose to KSU and A&M but losing to the 5th ranked team in the country? Well, no ya just can't do that. Keep losing to teams outside the top 25. We all have a good laugh when it happens and we know its gonna happen.... it always does.

You are a shinning example of why so many people have little or no respect for Horn fans.

Keep splattering your ignorance I am sure you make the Horn family proud.

I sent your little note to a Horn season ticket holder who is a friend of mine....he sent me back an apology and said that not all horn fans are ignorant and looking for a fight.

Octavian
1/26/2007, 04:05 PM
When you are good you don't lose to cinderellas like K-State or dunces like Fran

fwsooner22
1/26/2007, 04:14 PM

Wow:confused:

Beef
1/26/2007, 04:26 PM
Your OL isn't great and may not even be good. This is also telling of the program issue.
How do you come to this conclusion?

setem
1/26/2007, 05:05 PM

Hook'em

Our if you are saying our O-line "may not even be good" then yours is really going to suck it! How many new guys do you have coming into those spots? As for losing to Boise...you think the Whorns could have beat them? You almost lost to a 6-6 team! 6-6...13-0...go **** yourself!:cool:

I am not even going to argue with this POS anymore.

Fraggle145
1/26/2007, 05:06 PM
Buh, Buh, But... I thought I knew something about football.

Thats why you shouldnt think.

pwn3d

:cool:

BASSooner
1/26/2007, 06:23 PM
MY MY...

Hook'em
Take off your puke-orange glasses because this statement is FALSE!

TXBOOMER
1/26/2007, 10:39 PM
I'm no fan of Texas, but that's a true statement.

The only person that comes to mind that might beat him in that stat is Osbourn.

You guys are right. Both of those gentleman have shown they will turn a blind eye to their outlaw running backs thievery, drug use and domestic battery as long as they perform. F*** Em both! :texan:

Ash
1/26/2007, 11:33 PM
You guys are right. Both of those gentleman have shown they will turn a blind eye to their outlaw running backs thievery, drug use and domestic battery as long as they perform. F*** Em both! :texan:

so true and yet seemingly forgotten. Osborne had so many problem players toward the end of his tenure that my friends and I used to have a Nebraska blotter pool.

oh well, he's a saint...all others are sinners...:rolleyes:

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:43 AM
That was exceptionally well stated.

insuranceman_22
1/29/2007, 12:44 AM
Oh come one, you mean Kansas State doesn't qualify as a cinderella?