PDA

View Full Version : ** Official Sooners vs. Boones Farm **

Pages : 1 [2]

sooner518
1/22/2007, 11:24 PM
the "dove symbol" is the new waving wheat, only more gay

boomersoonerdude
1/22/2007, 11:24 PM
NOW let get your family... aunts... uncles... cousins and everybody down there to LNC and support our men basketball team. They sure need some help...

sooneron
1/22/2007, 11:25 PM
I like this team's resolve...

picasso
1/22/2007, 11:26 PM
A few less turnovers and hit a couple more 3's and we win that game.
if we score more than them we win too.

OUstud
1/22/2007, 11:27 PM
Well, considering they shot about 36 FTs to 14 for us, and we only lost by 5...that's good. We hung with them. I think we have a good shot Saturday, I really do. We'll get them in Norman. Nothing to be too ashamed about, they're 16th and had the GIA sheep****er mystique, and shot nearly triple the FTs we did, and still only won by 5.

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 11:28 PM
Why does sutton look like a rat or an angry mole who just ate strict-nine?

picasso
1/22/2007, 11:28 PM
ha

Sutton waiving off that last score. Like it mattered :D
yeah that was high school.

OUstud
1/22/2007, 11:30 PM
Oh and Sean looked like he had spent 4 hours with a gal in a cheap motel room...

kevpks
1/22/2007, 11:32 PM
Oh well, now we get to continue the "deliverance" segment of our schedule. What are our chances against the Aggies?

william_brasky
1/22/2007, 11:34 PM
good game.

again, we cut out some of those careless turnovers, and we win that game.

I'd take this team to play any suckers anywhere :les:

tulsaoilerfan
1/22/2007, 11:36 PM
Oh and Sean looked like he had spent 4 minutes with Dolly the Cloned sheep in a cheap motel room...
Fixed:D

tulsaoilerfan
1/22/2007, 11:37 PM
So how was the game called? I only got to watch maybe 10 minutes of game time, but i saw that the Sheep Shaggers shot a helluva lot more FT's than OU did.

poke4christ
1/22/2007, 11:47 PM
All I can say is wow. I was scared that was the way the game was going to go and turns out those fears were justified. OU very easily could have won this one.

Overall, I was very impressed with OU. The last several games seem to have gotten OU on the right track. Overall I thought we (OSU) played pretty poorly (as they have done recently), but in the end it seemed that skill and experience prevailed over execution and good D. Here are my thoughts on OU.

1. A big number one here is the wonderful Defense OU played all game. I was very impressed with it overall and I think that it will work well for you in the future.

2. Where did Carter (24) come from? He was the man tonight. I don't think he missed a single free throw. I'd like to see his shooting percentage in the first half and overall because he was lights out in the first. We seemed to get him a little more under control as the game went on.

3. Execution. OU was excelent in their execution and seemed little fazed by the rocking GIA most of the game. As the game went on, their good play seemed to lull GIA. Also, didn't see a lot of bad turnovers, but then again I was thinking more about OSU getting the ball so I might have missed them.

4. Play down the strech. OU finished with 5 guys that had 4 fouls and no one fouled out. That says something about management of a game and coaching. Credit goes to Capel for that one.

Overall, great game. I'll be in the student section for the game in Norman. I hope we can get our act together soon, because if we don't you guys will beat us down there.

Zach

colleyvillesooner
1/22/2007, 11:53 PM
I was proud of our guys to be in the game at the end with ZERO inside presence and shooting 24 less Free Throws.....24!!!

Oh, and Sean Sutton looks like a troll.

OUmillenium
1/22/2007, 11:54 PM
Good post for an Aggie. OU was hurt by turnovers when Crocker and Maze had to handle the ball. They were pizzing their pants all night. If they just play solid and not sucky OU might have won.

Eaton has some very good offensive skills, but once he gets the ball he hunts down his shot like a 3rd grader who plays for his dad. When he went out and Crocker and Maze were handling the ball is when OSU took control.

Very proud of the Sooners. If they keep improving, I think they will win 1 or 2 of the games against quality opponents and that should be enough for an NIT bid.

OSU definitely looked gassed from the whorn game. Curry was very solid and played a classy game. He seems like a heady and mature player for an ex-drug dealer.

SoonersRams
1/22/2007, 11:58 PM
the "dove symbol" is the new waving wheat, only more gay

The "dove symbol" is actually the sign for "butterfly" :D Which I find kind of funny. Freekin' faggies really don't have a clue.

Ash
1/23/2007, 12:03 AM
overall, a great effort by OUr guys. Defense, hustle and a great performance by Carter in the 1st half made it a game.

2nd half was tough to watch at times, Neal and Carter go silent and the team breaks down on offense settling for bad jump shots.

The big bruisers of Okie lite exposed our lack of a real inside presence.

This team needs a guy who can create on his own when things break down. I thought I saw flashes of that from Crocker at the beginning of the year in terms of his ability to get in the lane and create but that hasn't been the case.

Bottomline is that okie lite is just a better team this year, but this effort makes the game in Norman very interesting. If the crowd comes out and gets behind the Sooners and they put up an equal or better effort...who knows.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 12:06 AM
Good post for an Aggie.

That's high praise coming from the guys on this forum.

Very proud of the Sooners. If they keep improving, I think they will win 1 or 2 of the games against quality opponents and that should be enough for an NIT bid.

Totally agree. A week ago I would have said they would be very lucky to get an NIT bid. Not so anymore. They've got what it takes to push through the Big 12 and upset some people (OSU, Texas, and/or TT at home?).

OSU definitely looked gassed from the whorn game. Curry was very solid and played a classy game. He seems like a heady and mature player for an ex-drug dealer.

TY though a little back handed, I'll take it. ;)

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 12:17 AM
Is it wrong that when holly Rowe started her sideline report with "How is Sean Sutton different from his Dad...", I yelled out "He's a Vodka man!?"?

;)

Ash
1/23/2007, 12:19 AM
Is it wrong that when holly Rowe started her sideline report with "How is Sean Sutton different from his Dad...", I yelled out "He's a Vodka man!?"?

;)

Nope

GrapevineSooner
1/23/2007, 12:25 AM
Not to short change our effort tonight.

But am I wrong to think the only reason we had a chance at the end was because OSU couldn't hit their free throws until it really mattered late?

We really did nothing on offense save for about a three minute stretch where we closed the deficit to one with about 14 minutes to go and when we closed a 9 point deficit to three and had a chance to tie on a three at end.

Speaking of which, I would have liked for us to try and drive the lane to cut it to one instead of settling for a bad three point attempt. Especially with the way the Pokes were struggling from the line.

Oh well. Effort was there.

We just weren't solid enough in execution to quite get over the hump.

shavedmarmoset
1/23/2007, 12:42 AM
I was amazed at our awful 3-pt shooting. I thought if we shot that many threes more would've gone in. That said, it's amazing it was so close.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 12:59 AM
I was amazed at our awful 3-pt shooting. I thought if we shot that many threes more would've gone in. That said, it's amazing it was so close.

Early in the game, it was lights out for OU on their shooting. However, as time went on our D got tougher. I think most of the three's that were taken in the second were because they couldn't get a better shot due to the tough D.

orangekaje
1/23/2007, 01:11 AM
Why are half of the posts in this thread bashing OSU players and coaches? Who's got the little brother syndrome?

picasso
1/23/2007, 01:27 AM
Why are half of the posts in this thread bashing OSU players and coaches? Who's got the little brother syndrome?
we sure don't. check the facts Poke.
our so-called football school has put up some big numbers in the game of basketball. second only to Duke in the 80's and Calvin took us on quite a run for a bit also.
we might be busting on Sean because he's a di&* and looks like a goob, much like his playing days.

MojoRisen
1/23/2007, 01:31 AM
Where not laughing at Sean we are laughing with Sean...

william_brasky
1/23/2007, 01:40 AM
Why are half of the posts in this thread bashing OSU players and coaches?

Little pussies ask questions like that. Let 'er rip. :les:

picasso
1/23/2007, 01:43 AM
amazing isn't it? we played oSu tonight and half the posts in the game thread are about ummm the oSu coach and players.

it jus don't make no sense.

Rhino
1/23/2007, 01:43 AM
Solid effort and play by our boys tonight. We played the game much closer than I thought we would. OSU definitely took advantage of the massive free throw opportunity difference. And we were at a severe disadvantage in the height department.

Carter is unbelievable with some confidence in him.
Neal too.
I've said it since the first preseason game: Maze needs to SLOW DOWN.
Griffin and Johnson are hit and miss. Great play, horrible play, great play, horrible play.
L2 has reverted to pre-elbowgate status.

Someone needs to tell Sean Sutton to calm himself down. John Rohde was dead-on the other day on WWLS - Eddie used to look in heart-attack mode maaaybe twice a game. Sean looks like it every. play. At the end of the game he looked like Doc Holliday at the end of Tombstone.

orangekaje
1/23/2007, 02:31 AM
But look who's laughing at the end. And to think a lot of OSU fans were giving OU and Capel props on the OSU boards.

BTW, kind of odd that the OSU game thread has almost twice as many posts as the Texas thread or most of your other OU bball game threads, since Texas is your rival and all. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 08:39 AM
But look who's laughing at the end. And to think a lot of OSU fans were giving OU and Capel props on the OSU boards.

Lauging at the end? You beat an unranked team at home that you were supposed to kill. Laugh it up, fuzzball.

BTW, kind of odd that the OSU game thread has almost twice as many posts as the Texas thread or most of your other OU bball game threads, since Texas is your rival and all. :rolleyes:

Couldn't be because the Texas game was on a Sunday when board activity slows down anyways, could it?

I'm gonna look forward to not seeing your posts anymore.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/23/2007, 09:12 AM
ha

Sutton waiving off that last score. Like it mattered :D

Not that it mattered in the big picture but the last shot was off at .3 and should have counted. I DVRed the game and it clearly was off in time. I don't think the officials bothered to watch it closely and there was no point in reviewing the shot. Just one of those ticky-tack things since Ratboy was waving the shot off.

We've had more talented teams lose handily in Stillwater. From what I saw last night OSU won because they had home court. In Norman or on a neutral court I think we win. I don't want to tab it a moral victory but I'm still pleased with how the team is progressing.

C&CDean
1/23/2007, 09:51 AM

Do you think anybody gives a **** what OSU fans are saying? Here, have a vacation.

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 09:57 AM
I love you Dean! (in a non-homo way, cause the Air Force would kick me out if it was that way)

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2007, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna look forward to not seeing your posts anymore.

Told ya :D

Boomer.....
1/23/2007, 10:35 AM
Overall, I thought it was a great game. I didn't give us much of a chance, and I was proved wrong. If we ad not had that 3-point shooting drought, we would have won the game. That Aggie D was impressive. It seemed like we couldn't get hardly anything inside. Even with the outcome, I think that the team comes out of this game with confidence and momentum.

Great coaching by Capel. I don't think that Sampson could have done any better with this team in Stoolwater.

picasso
1/23/2007, 11:02 AM

what do you want? a cyber cookie?

you guys still don't realize TExas IS our rival but you guys live closer (I never heard jack from you types growing up, about basketball or football). guess it's hard to figure out for you wankers.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 11:32 AM
Do you think anybody gives a **** what OSU fans are saying? Here, have a vacation.

Are you serious? You just temp-baned him for that? He made no personal attacks and was simply stating his opinion. That's weak sauce friend.

picasso
1/23/2007, 11:36 AM
Are you serious? You just temp-baned him for that? He made no personal attacks and was simply stating his opinion. That's weak sauce friend.
actually said person has been quite the smart arss, as of late.
I'm sure one could go to an OSTATE board and just post a little smack and get permabanned.

also, said person's mantra has been to play the "we're really your rival" card a bit too often.

belch.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/23/2007, 11:45 AM
I'm sure one could go to an OSTATE board and just post a little smack and get permabanned.

also, said person's mantra has been to play the "we're really your rival" card a bit too often.

belch.

I was permabanned from the OSU rivals site for FAR LESS.

Orangekaje will just have to go pull the wool over his eyes for a while...if you catch my drift.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 11:50 AM

belch.

He's always a smart a**. I won't disagree with you there. However, he knows the limit and hasn't crossed it. A banning is just not justified IMHO.

picasso
1/23/2007, 11:51 AM
He's always a smart a**. I won't disagree with you there. However, he knows the limit and hasn't crossed it. A banning is just not justified IMHO.
well you should bring it up at the next meeting.

poke4christ
1/23/2007, 12:04 PM
well you should bring it up at the next meeting.

:D I'll make a point of it :D

william_brasky
1/23/2007, 12:39 PM

Bane him!!!! :texan:

C&CDean
1/23/2007, 02:28 PM

Tell you what, friend. Whine some more about who I ban. Please. Your butt buddy is an obnoxious aggy. That alone is enough to get you permabanned. He's lucky I only gave him 10 days. This is a Sooner board. Get it?

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 06:51 PM
Dean...you are the MAN

SleestakSooner
1/23/2007, 11:01 PM
Tell you what, friend. Whine some more about who I ban. Please. Your butt buddy is an obnoxious aggy. That alone is enough to get you permabanned. He's lucky I only gave him 10 days. This is a Sooner board. Get it?

As much as I hate to admit this... I think I have a man crush for Dean now:eek:

Great game for the Sooners, I love putting a good scare in the heart of aggots! We will take care of what we started when weak sauce comes to LNC.

kevpks
1/23/2007, 11:12 PM

Forgive the Aggies. It is hard to tell that this is a Sooner board. Monitors are still black and white in Stillwater so they can't see all the Crimson. Also, our web address is over two syllables so it's pretty tough to sound out.

GoState
1/23/2007, 11:28 PM
Monitors are still black and white in Stillwater so they can't see all the Crimson.

Hey there, Bucko...that's not true! I got me one of them there green screens so I can surf the internets in style.

OK2LA
1/24/2007, 09:03 PM
Not that it mattered in the big picture but the last shot was off at .3 and should have counted. I DVRed the game and it clearly was off in time. I don't think the officials bothered to watch it closely and there was no point in reviewing the shot. Just one of those ticky-tack things since Ratboy was waving the shot off.

Well, "mattered" is a "matter of opinion". Did it matter in regards to the outcome of the game? No.

In the gambling world, such things matter. The line was osu -5.5, and in some places osu-5.

That bucket cost some OU bettors $. Yes, it was a push, and a win in other instances, but to have a push as opposed to a win - for many, it mattered. :pop: