PDA

View Full Version : Second chances

Osce0la
1/22/2007, 05:24 PM
I have heard varying opinions on this, and was wondering what people on here thought. Here us the underlying story behind it:

Basically the guy and a woman (both married) were having an affair. She ends up pregnant with his child. He then murders her, confesses and is sent to jail. After being charged with capital murder he asks for the death penalty (his only possible sentencings are the death penalty and life without parole). Since the court is split as to whether or not capital murder should have been granted (in order for capital murder it would have to have included a rape or robbery), he asks for the death penalty - knowing this would allow him to appeal the ruling...At his appeal it was decided that there was no sign of a robbery attempt, so the capital murder charges were dropped - so he was then found guilty of murder and sentenced to life with the possibility of parole. Since being in prison he has given his life to God, gotten a degree (how odd is it that you can get a degree while in prison :confused: and worked with others helping them achieve their degrees as well...He has worked closely with the chaplain at the prison and has seemingly lived his life for God since being sent to prison. He is now up for parole. He has taken many classes enabling him to better adjust to life outside of prison, and, as stated, has seemingly turned his life toward God. The maior issue here is - should this man be given a second chance at life after the crime he committed? There is nothing he can do to change his past, but from everything that has been reported, he has tried everything in his power to fix his future...

It is a very odd, and somewhat troubling case...Just wondered what other's opinions were...

C&CDean
1/22/2007, 05:26 PM
pffft. .357 right behind his left ear. Rapists/murderers/molesters/adulterers do not change just cause of prison time.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 05:27 PM
If he has met the conditions of parole, parole him.

yermom
1/22/2007, 05:32 PM
take his balls

JohnnyMack
1/22/2007, 05:38 PM
pffft. .357 right behind his left ear. Rapists/murderers/molesters/adulterers do not change just cause of prison time.

Dirt nap. Definitely. If he's found God he should have no problem getting in to heaven.

Boomer.....
1/22/2007, 05:40 PM
Lots of people try and change once it prison. How many other things are there to do, but sit and think about what you have done and try and ask for forgiveness. If you let one out, you would have to do the same for every criminal who thinks that they have found Christ and says that they have changed.

Redshirt
1/22/2007, 05:49 PM
Did he kill her ded?

crawfish
1/22/2007, 05:50 PM
Don't worry. We'll get him after the next murder.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2007, 05:51 PM
he murdered a pregnant woman? pregnant with his child?

keep him locked up

no parole

NormanPride
1/22/2007, 05:51 PM
It's easy to live a life for God when all you have is the prison walls to distract you.

Tiptonsooner
1/22/2007, 05:52 PM
**** him and feed him fish heads and rice. And why are we supporting his sorry ***? He killed the mother of his child, what would stop him from doing it again?

Oldnslo
1/22/2007, 05:57 PM
It's pretty tough for me to think that he gets a second chance. His first chance ended up poorly. What was his excuse--financial ruin?

I don't care what God he found. d00d should get to meet Him. ASAP.

royalfan5
1/22/2007, 06:06 PM
I don't think it is odd that you can get a degree in prison. Part of the point of prison is attempting to give prisoners the tools not to end up back in prison. That being said, murders don't get second chances in my book.

Jerk
1/22/2007, 06:08 PM
Dirt nap. Definitely. If he's found God he should have no problem getting in to heaven.

OH MY God! We agree on something! The return of The Lord must be immenent!

Jesus will forgive a murderer. The State is not obligated to likewise.

You still have to pay for your actions, no matter who you are.

yermom
1/22/2007, 06:18 PM
I don't think it is odd that you can get a degree in prison. Part of the point of prison is attempting to give prisoners the tools not to end up back in prison. That being said, murders don't get second chances in my book.

they always say the first one is the hardest :eek:

maybe they should try him for the fetus's murder now...

william_brasky
1/22/2007, 06:24 PM
I'm a lib, and I say there's no way in hell he should be let out.

Keep him in. He's doing good in there by helping others.

You murder someone, you're receiving death or staying in the joint 'til you die in my book.

The whole giving his life to God thing should not even enter into the equation.

JMO.

Brasky for President!!!