PDA

View Full Version : Roommate Etiquette

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 01:25 PM
So, last night after I had already gone to bed, my third roommate finally moved in. I've never met the guy and didn't want to get out of bed figuring I'd just meet him in the morning.

This was at 1am and he was REALLY loud moving in, but I chalked that up to the noise of moving his stuff into the house. By 3am he has his surround sound hooked up and is blasting the movie Top Gun. This guy is a law student and every law student I've ever met keeps their nose in the books especially at Baylor, so I figured he'd be a pretty quiet roommate.

4am rolls around and still the TV is blaring. I can't sleep and finally decide to get up and ask him to turn it down. I didn't really want our first introduction to be me bitching about the noise he's making, but I had 2 exams today and needed sleep.

I knock on his door 4 times and no answer, so I very carefully opened the door up and he was passed out asleep on the floor. At this point I decided to flip his TV off myself and leave him asleep.

So my question is, did I break some kind of roommate rule by going into his room and flipping his TV off?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/22/2007, 01:28 PM
You should have broke some Roommate rule by throwing him from a balcony through a table

Mongo
1/22/2007, 01:31 PM
No, you did right. Just let him know that Top Gun, while an awesome movie, is not meant to be watched that early in the morn.

This is not that big of a problem. Come ask advice when you bust your roomate down low on a fat sack of fat on your bed. I can help you deal with that.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 01:33 PM
What you are all missing is that Sicem has a roommate who know how to hook A/V equipment up.

Vaevictis
1/22/2007, 01:36 PM
Question 1: Do you know where your breaker box is?
Question 2: Do you know which breakers control power to his room?

I think you know where this is going.

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 01:37 PM
Question 1: Do you know where your breaker box is?
Question 2: Do you know which breakers control power to his room?

I think you know where this is going.

No joke, that thought occured to me last night. I was ready to go outside and cut his cable.

The amazing thing is that I have a 9am so when I got up at 8 he was in his room blaring that gawd damned TV again.

Vaevictis
1/22/2007, 01:39 PM
Actually, since maybe you don't know where this is going:

1. Find the breaker box.
2. Find which breakers control his room.
3. Replace said breakers with very low current breakers such that when he turns the volume up, they "break" and he loses power.
4. Be happy.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 01:39 PM
No joke, that thought occured to me last night. I was ready to go outside and cut his cable.

You'll 'lectrocute yourself for sure.

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 01:40 PM

1. Find the breaker box.
3. Replace said breakers with very low current breakers such that when he turns the volume up, they "break" and he loses power.
4. Be happy.
Replace a breaker? This is Sicem, you know.

OhU1
1/22/2007, 01:40 PM
Top Gun would put me to sleep too.

Mjcpr
1/22/2007, 01:41 PM
So my question is, did I break some kind of roommate rule by going into his room and flipping his TV off?

That'll teach ya!!!

http://blog.eponymous.org/pics/cash_finger.jpg

BoogercountySooner
1/22/2007, 01:41 PM
GIve him your unused tickets to Branson and some unused jumper cables as a welcome gift.

Vaevictis
1/22/2007, 01:42 PM
Replace a breaker? This is Sicem, you know.

Hey, just cause he don't know how doesn't mean he can't learn how. :)

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 01:43 PM
I overheard my other roommate telling him last night, "Yeah, SicEm is from Oklahoma but other than that he's a really nice guy. He's VERY VERY and I mean VERY conservative."

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 01:46 PM
I bet all my vcash right now he drink some of your Zima

Osce0la
Hey, just cause he don't know how doesn't mean he can't learn how. :)
Learn how? This is SicEm we're talkin about...

BlondeSoonerGirl
I agree with Dean.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2007, 01:58 PM
Do you guys still have that live caged bear on campus?

Does your roommate lock his door?

Do you see where I'm headed with this?

Ike
1/22/2007, 02:15 PM
does his room have a window? are the blinds usually open?

If so, go buy a universal remote, program it to the kind of TV he has, and when he turns it on, step outside and turn it back off.

either that, or when he blasts the TV that loud again, pull the fire alarm. when the campus police/fire dept show up and see that nothing is wrong, take a wild guess that his TV was so loud that the vibrations in the walls tripped the alarm.

skycat
1/22/2007, 02:27 PM
I very much like the idea of Sic'em going from putting new heads on his coax, to jumping a car, to replacing breakers in just a few short weeks.

If the breaker thing doesn't kill him, I think we should have him start cutting limbs from around power lines next, and then move to doing some work on high-tension transmission lines.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 02:29 PM
Sic'em.....could you come adjust my coil springs on my garage door for me?

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 02:30 PM
does his room have a window? are the blinds usually open?

If so, go buy a universal remote, program it to the kind of TV he has, and when he turns it on, step outside and turn it back off.

either that, or when he blasts the TV that loud again, pull the fire alarm. when the campus police/fire dept show up and see that nothing is wrong, take a wild guess that his TV was so loud that the vibrations in the walls tripped the alarm.
Yeah, I want to be around for the thread he starts when he realizes he has no idea how to do that.

Dio
1/22/2007, 02:48 PM

1. Find the breaker box.
3. Replace said breakers with very low current breakers such that when he turns the volume up, they "break" and he loses power.4. Be happy.

Is there any way to do #3 to every rice rocket in America?

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2007, 02:48 PM
This oughta be good.

OU Adonis
1/22/2007, 03:15 PM
tea bag 'em

TopDaugIn2000
1/22/2007, 03:26 PM
my GOD I'm glad I don't have to deal with roommates any longer..........

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 03:37 PM
I live off campus, and dealing with non-wiring issues with electronics is no problem for me. :D

Anyway, I just met the guy. Pretty nice, he lived a dorm floor down from me back in '01 and was in my class (assuming I had graduated on time.)

Mjcpr
1/22/2007, 03:39 PM
You two on the Ten Year Plan or what?

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 03:43 PM
You two on the Ten Year Plan or what?

Well he's in law school, but in my case yes.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2007, 03:49 PM

The amazing thing is that I have a 9am so when I got up at 8 he was in his room blaring that gawd damned TV again.

Don't sounds as if he will be a "Law" student for long...

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 03:50 PM
Don't sounds as if he will be a "Law" student for long...

Apparently, he doesn't start Baylor law for another couple of weeks. I figured he started at the same time I did but he didn't.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2007, 03:52 PM
What's with you having an exam already? Hasn't it been a week in classes?

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 03:58 PM
What's with you having an exam already? Hasn't it been a week in classes?

This is our third week.

TexasLidig8r
1/22/2007, 04:01 PM
Sic,

You shoulda contacted me sooner. I stole a copy of your exam from the teacher's desk. Here was the first question.

http://dpi.wi.gov/images/oea/lang4a2.gif

:D

sooner_born_1960
1/22/2007, 06:02 PM
If that's the first question, how come there's a big "2" next to it?

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 06:07 PM

I am going to convince myself that Lid noticed that little discrepancy and is simply using some mad lawyering skills to confuse or "test" me. I'd hate to have my faith in Lid destroyed by this little mishap.

TexasLidig8r
1/23/2007, 10:35 AM

It's Baylor.

Question No. 1 was.. "Spell your name correctly."

:D

Tailwind
1/23/2007, 10:43 AM
I agree with BSG