PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game tonight with my son

achiro
1/22/2007, 11:13 AM
He is 7 and we are looking forward to it. The question is this, I've never been to stoolwaters basketball stadium for a vs OU game and don't know how bad the poke fans can get...So should we were OUr colors?

On one hand, I want to teach him to have pride in yOUr team and all that but on the other, I sure don't want him to experience some ****head poke fan saying crap to him because he's an OU fan. (Mainly because I don't want to have to kick someone's *** in front of him)
So do we go neutral and have fun yelling for OUr team but not taking a chance of getting harrassed in the parking lot, or do we wear OUr colors?

8timechamps
1/22/2007, 11:15 AM
Having never been there for a Sooner game, I don't know about their fans. But, I took my son to a CU/OU football game in Boulder, and we wore our colors. It was fine for the most part, but after the game the infamous students gave us crap...but an old man (CU fan) hit one of them with his seat cushion and told them to "have some class".

We wear our colors no matter who we are playing or where we are.

C&CDean
1/22/2007, 11:16 AM
Always. Wear. Your. Colors.

achiro
1/22/2007, 04:47 PM
I guess Dean does have final say around here. I thought for sure this would get at least 3 smart a comments.

soonerbrat
1/22/2007, 04:48 PM
hope your boy isn't afraid of heights.

OSUAggie
1/22/2007, 04:53 PM
If anybody is going to give you crap, it'll happen when you start cheering for OU whether or not you're wearing OU stuff. You're more likely to not get looks/receive words if you're wearing crimson and cheering for OU than you would if you weren't and were cheering for OU. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, depending on where your seats are.

Mjcpr
1/22/2007, 04:54 PM
hope your boy isn't afraid of heights.

Or rats.

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/3698/seansuttonratboy23bj.jpg

Boomer.....
1/22/2007, 05:05 PM
Definitely wear your colors! Of course there is always a few bad fans, but for the most part you should be okay. As long as you don't act like a fool, which I doubt you would with your kid, you should be fine.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2007, 05:42 PM
Always. Wear. Your. Colors.

zactly

Xstnlsooner
1/22/2007, 05:52 PM
Pic and I went to game their a few years back. We wore c & c and
no one gave us any guff. We cheered when we wanted and were
proud. I think there were at least five other sooner fans there too! lol

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2007, 06:00 PM
I don't think you'll have much trouble up here.

My brother (OU dental school grad) is going with his wife (OSU grad) and some friends.