PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, I just don't like Peyton Manning.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2007, 10:01 AM
He's a good quarterback, but I just don't like him...:twinkies:

...just like I don't like Chrissy Simms.

GO BEARS!!

That is all.

The_Red_Patriot
1/22/2007, 10:06 AM
I totally agree with you.

Why did the sooners and the pats have to go down like that.

2007 has started off crappppppppyyyy

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 10:22 AM
I wish there were more QBs in the league like him.

It's a different level to have the QB making the calls on the field all the time.

Foty
1/22/2007, 10:26 AM

It's a different level to have the QB making the calls on the field all the time.

I agree

sooner518
1/22/2007, 10:36 AM
whats there to not like? hes the smartest player in football. He is a consistent winner. Hes not cocky.

I guess you could say that he looks and kind of sounds stupid. But I think he seems like a pretty likable guy, even if you dont like his team

Sooner13
1/22/2007, 10:37 AM
c'mon don't put him in the same breath as chris simms, for one he doesn't have matching leg tatoos with some dude (as far as we know) and he doesn't have herpes running wild

bigtom98
1/22/2007, 11:08 AM
I agree. He looks wierd with his long neck and short legs. His pre-snap gyrations are pointless and annoying. I don't think faking audibles makes a genius. He also wears a retarded looking helmet.

But congrats to Peyton for not choking this year.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry, maybe it's all the *** kissing that the media does towards him...

...maybe it's some repressed linkage between the media's hype of him now and the media's hype of him at Tennessee.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry, maybe it's all the *** kissing that the media does towards him...

...maybe it's some repressed linkage between the media's hype of him now and the media's hype of him at Tennessee.
Wow.

I bet you are one of those people who hate the band "Boston" because the stations overplay them.;)

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2007, 11:21 AM
Actually, yah...whenver they come on, I actually switch stations. Seriously.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:23 AM
Well there you go.

You probably love my mother in law because all I do is rip her.

SoonerStormchaser
1/22/2007, 11:28 AM
Nope...I don't even like my own future mother-in-law.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/22/2007, 11:30 AM
Posts #7 and 8 pretty much sum it up. Also, I don't like the idiotic way Irsay moved the team out of Baltimore, either. However he does have good teams, unlike a franchise owner operating in Phoenix.

soonerhubs
1/22/2007, 12:04 PM
"It's more than a feeling!"

TUSooner
1/22/2007, 12:06 PM
whats there to not like? hes the smartest player in football. He is a consistent winner. Hes not cocky.

I guess you could say that he looks and kind of sounds stupid. But I think he seems like a pretty likable guy, even if you dont like his team
Yep... And he was brung up right, too.
So, some don't like him because he's too . . . . what?
good? nice? smart?

I guess some people will never be satisfied.

But on a similar level; I kinda stopped liking New England when they got "too successful" :rolleyes:

soonerhubs
1/22/2007, 12:13 PM
Yep... And he was brung up right, too.
So, some don't like him because he's too . . . . what?
good? nice? smart?

I guess some people will never be satisfied.

But on a similar level; I kinda stopped liking New England when they got "too successful" :rolleyes:

Can I hate the Patriots, but still like Teddy Bruschi?

wishbonesooner
1/22/2007, 12:27 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

Newbomb Turk
1/22/2007, 12:30 PM
I like his Mastercard commercials.

OUfan7
1/22/2007, 01:06 PM
I used to like Archie but since he had that tantrum over Eli getting drafted by the Chargers I hope that family never wins a Super Bowl!!!

Seamus
1/22/2007, 01:18 PM
Peyton's all right, but Archie is no class. Back when he was playing he publically said it would be a "disgrace" to become the first team to lose to Tampa Bay. Well, guess what he and the Saints did.

And I don't like Eli because he hasn't killed Shockey in his sleep yet.

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2007, 01:21 PM

Same here.

I don't really see the media kissin' his hiney as much as they were writing him off if he lost to Brady again.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 01:26 PM
Same here.

I don't really see the media kissin' his hiney as much as they were writing him off if he lost to Brady again.
I've read some stories about Unitas and heard some good ones about Jim Kelly.

I just view those guys in a whole different light.

One time after getting hit pretty hard, Jim Kelly called the same play 4 times in a row. Finally the guys in the huddle asked the trainer to check him out.:D

SoonerFaninAZ
1/22/2007, 01:27 PM
His pre-snap gyrations are pointless...

Are you sure?

But congrats to Peyton for not choking this year.

Define choking.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/22/2007, 06:59 PM
I used to like Archie but since he had that tantrum over Eli getting drafted by the Chargers I hope that family never wins a Super Bowl!!!

4 out of 5 Charger fans (maybe more) agree.

josh09
1/22/2007, 07:08 PM
I totally agree with you.

Why did the sooners and the pats have to go down like that.

2007 has started off crappppppppyyyy

Word.

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 07:16 PM
I have some dirt on Peyton from a trusted source... The boy was pretty much caught red handed sleeping with Michael Andretti's wife... His wife called Archie and threatened to go public... She got a fat diamond out of the deal and apparently got it on with the help... This is an absolute true story given the source who was close with the family...

fossil
1/22/2007, 07:29 PM
I take an automatic immediate dislike to anyone who gets too damned much hype from the sports talking heads. Before he ever won a playoff game, I heard some sportscasters comparing him to Johnny Unitas and declaring him to be the best quartetback in the history of professional football.

The dude had done nothing, zilch, zippo, nada, big fat goose egg, and they were saying he was the greatest ever.

Puleez!!!!

OK2LA
1/22/2007, 07:31 PM
He's a good quarterback, but I just don't like him...:twinkies:

...just like I don't like Chrissy Simms.

GO BEARS!!

That is all.

RACIST!

OK2LA
1/22/2007, 07:37 PM
I have some dirt on Peyton from a trusted source... The boy was pretty much caught red handed sleeping with Michael Andretti's wife... His wife called Archie and threatened to go public... She got a fat diamond out of the deal and apparently got it on with the help... This is an absolute true story given the source who was close with the family...

I will tell it as gospel truth from this day forth - after all, I read it on the innerweb.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 08:34 PM
I take an automatic immediate dislike to anyone who gets too damned much hype from the sports talking heads. Before he ever won a playoff game, I heard some sportscasters comparing him to Johnny Unitas and declaring him to be the best quartetback in the history of professional football.

The dude had done nothing, zilch, zippo, nada, big fat goose egg, and they were saying he was the greatest ever.

Puleez!!!!
I guess that's Peyton's fault.

Remember when the media though Bob was the best coach ever? Time changes all things.

usmc-sooner
1/22/2007, 09:31 PM

it's not the size of the race car, it the amount of times you can go around the lap

I guess.

Rogue
1/22/2007, 10:17 PM
I think it's hard not to like Peyton. And I liked him before I moved to East Tennessee and realized that every other hillbilly boy born here is named Peyton now. It's the new Bubba or Cooter. If Peyton had a double-letter in it, it'd be timeless. He's slow, not very mobile, and absolutely dismantles defenses. Like a 6'5" 230# Josh Heupel, but slower.

I'm probably rooting for him to have a huge game and lose to Da Bears.

usmc-sooner
1/22/2007, 10:24 PM
I like Peyton, I absoultely hate Elliah

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 10:37 PM
I hate Brady far more than Eli - I actually like Peyton myself... Tough QB

Fraggle145
1/22/2007, 11:08 PM
I take an automatic immediate dislike to anyone who gets too damned much hype from the sports talking heads.

You mean like Donovan McNabb he can take his Chunky soup and his chunky a$$ mom and drive off a cliff. He can take the other media love child, 'the second coming of Joe Montana" Tom Brady with him. Tom Brady reminds me of John David Booty, they have to use their whole name. I just want to know when Booty and his three name having a$$ is going to assasinate a president... it couldnt come at a better time.

P.S. At least Peyton's commercials are funny.

SoonerInKCMO
1/22/2007, 11:16 PM
I don't like Peyton for a very simple reason: he's a mouth-breathing dork.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:18 PM
I don't like Peyton for a very simple reason: he's a mouth-breathing dork.
Exactly the reason he is awesome.

How many dorks do you know that could do what he's done?

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 11:23 PM

Yeah and nail Andretti's wife and not even get divorced over it... Brady is an official mo- and that aint player hatin he takes Leonardo Dicaprio's sloppy seconds!

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah and nail Andretti's wife and not even get divorced over it... Brady is an official mo- and that aint player hatin he takes Leonardo Dicaprio's sloppy seconds!
Well........pardon me if I wait to believe the story until it's a little more widely recognized.

SoonerInKCMO
1/22/2007, 11:29 PM

I don't care. I'm a proud orificist; I only like people that breathe through their noses.

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 11:29 PM
Well........pardon me if I wait to believe the story until it's a little more widely recognized.

There was a lot of Hush money thrown around... This comes right from the wives circle- seriously :D

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:31 PM
There was a lot of Hush money thrown around... This comes right from the wives circle- seriously :D
There isn't enough hush money to keep that quite long.

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 11:33 PM
As the story goes - she took a big arse diamond and then got it on with the landscaper or something... She called Archie with the threat of publicity unless he could get Peyton's arse in line...

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 11:35 PM
I understand. It's your story and you're sticking to it. :D

I'm just not buying into it for now.

North Dakota Sooner
1/22/2007, 11:52 PM
I like his Mastercard commercials.

DE-CAF....Thats all

Partial Qualifier
1/23/2007, 07:46 AM
Peyton Manning is the Consummate Goober's Goober. Goobers & Dorks all across the nation look at Peyton and think "if THAT goober can be an NFL QB... there's still hope for me." He's the Dork Hero.

I roll my eyes at the "Manning entitlement" given to him since his college days. Great QB; not my favorite sports figure. Be glad when he can finally win a championship and we stop hearing so much about him. Not unlike the strange & awkward National Bobby Bowden Lovefest of the 1990's.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2007, 11:51 AM
Peyton Manning is the Consummate Goober's Goober. Goobers & Dorks all across the nation look at Peyton and think "if THAT goober can be an NFL QB... there's still hope for me." He's the Dork Hero.

I roll my eyes at the "Manning entitlement" given to him since his college days. Great QB; not my favorite sports figure. Be glad when he can finally win a championship and we stop hearing so much about him. Not unlike the strange & awkward National Bobby Bowden Lovefest of the 1990's.Bravo, well said...Now, what can be done about the lovefest for THE DOMERS?

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2007, 04:27 PM
Nothing...as long as the Penis and Beano are pimping them...and they have that NBC contract...we're all screwed!

Socrefbek
1/23/2007, 06:10 PM

I disagree. Last year when they lost he thru his O-Line under the bus and this year late in the season when they were losing he thru his defense under the bus.

It does not matter if his points were valid. The bottom line is he pointed fingers and cast direct blame on his teammates during his press conferences. Keep it in house. Say things like "we have to execute better as a team."

He is a whiny biatch and I hope the Bears crush the Colts. The only reason the Colts came back on the Patriots is because Seymour got injured and the pressure on Manning was less coupled with being down to their 4th and 5th choices at safety after Artrell Hawkins went out hurt. Harrison, Wilson and Hawkins out. Playing with retreads signed in mid season. The Colts exploited the middle of the field (10-20 yard routes) with Clark, Wayne and Utecht because of poor safety play.

JMHO :pop:

oumartin
1/23/2007, 08:54 PM
I love his commercials.