PDA

View Full Version : I have joined the "looney" club

Sooner in Tampa
1/22/2007, 07:25 AM
According to OUinFla :D

After much searching and reading the wife and jumped into the boaters club. We bought a Nautic Star 210 DC this weekend. It is pretty laid out, we got everything we wanted in this boat...GPS/Fishfinder, swim deck, two ladders, Coast Guard Kit, Clarion AM/FM/CD Stereo w/ 4 speakers, porta pottie, and Road King dual axle trailer.

This the overhead view...although ours has two captains chairs. We can't wait to get her in the water. :D

BTW...does anybody know where I can get a REALLY CHEAP Capt hat to wear while cruising the bay. :P

http://www.nauticstarboats.com/images/deck/210ob_dc/2007_210_ob_dc_overhead.jpg

AlbqSooner
1/22/2007, 07:42 AM
The Coast Guard gives FREE boating courses. If you haven't had one, take it. When I lived in Florida I was amazed at the people who bought a boat, turned the key and took off doing super stupid stuff on the water. The intercoastal is no place to learn how to handle a boat. YWIA

Sooner in Tampa
1/22/2007, 07:46 AM
The Coast Guard gives FREE boating courses. If you haven't had one, take it. When I lived in Florida I was amazed at the people who bought a boat, turned the key and took off doing super stupid stuff on the water. The intercoastal is no place to learn how to handle a boat. YWIAThanks...I have been doing a TON of reading about all of the rules on the water. We are really going to start SLOW...just get the lay of the water, where to go, how to get there, and how to avoid the idiots on the water already.