PDA

View Full Version : Another burning question to the boards...

goingoneight
1/22/2007, 12:46 AM
Does the Alabama situation seem to reek or Howard Schnellenboozer to you guys also? Everytime I hear about Saban it reminds me of how "books would be written, movies would be made, and (insert college football powerhouse name here) would dominate from here on out.

I dunno, I just think he's no different than the rest of them... his one moment of greatness, yes, was a BCS National Championship against us. But consider what went his way to get that MNC. Down year in the SEC, gets the nod for the BCS over USC (that never freakin' happens nowadays), and gets to play OU during the middle of a coaching shift with an injured Heisman trophy winner. Does that spell five to ten years' dominance to you guys?

kevpks
1/22/2007, 01:17 AM
There is only one Howard, but I do think Saban is a little over-hyped.

Blues1
1/22/2007, 01:26 AM
I see 8 and 4 and 7 and 5 - Seasons at Bama for the next 4 years "IF" Saban makes it past 4 years - Maybe some 9 and 3 Seasons - (LSU - Georiga - Auburn and Florida ) will control the SEC for the next 4 to 5 years -- JMHO.....!!!

rainiersooner
1/22/2007, 01:29 AM
I think he's a good recruiter and a good coach. Not great, but I do think he'll be able to attract a good staff...all that combined should win him one or two conference championships. Whether that translates into a MNC is...as you say, a matter of luck.

MamaMia
1/22/2007, 09:32 AM
I certainly don't understand why Alabama is so captivated by him.

Scott D
1/22/2007, 04:31 PM
If Saban can keep Alabama kids in Alabama and get them to Tuscaloosa, he'll be successful.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 04:32 PM
Saban will do well.

Satan has guaranteed it.

Coincidence on the name......I think not.

yermom
1/22/2007, 05:02 PM
you're thinking of Santa

AlbqSooner
1/22/2007, 08:48 PM
I certainly don't understand why Alabama is so captivated by him.
Having him accept the position as head coach after being turned down by - what 3? 4? other candidates - is, I suggest, the captivating factor.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 01:22 AM
I wonder if that's like those people you hear about getting drunk and finally saying yes.

Rogue
1/23/2007, 09:55 PM
Nah, Saban's still in his prime. HS was long past his when he got to Norman. Saban's talent is in recruiting, which is exactly what 'Bama needs. I think they did well this time.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 10:52 PM
That's weird that such a dry, rude and dishonest guy can land such good talent, isn't it?

Vaevictis
1/23/2007, 11:07 PM
On the plus side, he doesn't seem to be a drunkard, nor his wife a klepto.