PDA

View Full Version : Without the new clock rule this year...

TopDawg
1/21/2007, 09:37 PM
...you think Adrian finishes the season #1 on our all-time list?

You gotta figure that would mean at least 10 more carries on the year. He needed, what, about 70 more yards? It seems like the forces conspired against Adrian his entire time here to keep him from breaking the record.

sooner94
1/21/2007, 10:31 PM
That is a really good point.

About 8 games into the season, I crunched some #'s and it seemed like each team got 8 fewer plays on offense under the new rules. That definitely could have made a difference.

We all know AD got stronger as the game went on. 10 more carries at a pretty good YPC? Very likely.

sanantoniosooner
1/21/2007, 10:32 PM
Perhaps if he's not injured?

SoonerInKCMO
1/21/2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe somebody put a hex on him so he wouldn't break the record and we wouldn't have to listen to all the nonsensical crap, that was sure to follow, about him being better than Sims.

RacerX
1/21/2007, 11:21 PM
Maybe somebody put a hex on him so he wouldn't break the record and we wouldn't have to listen to all the nonsensical crap, that was sure to follow, about him being better than Sims.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

SoonerLB
1/21/2007, 11:41 PM
They need to take that new clock rule and stick it where the sun don't shine. I for one wanna see more football, not more commercials! The NCAA doesn't want the players to get a penny, but they will sell out the game itself for a few extra dollars, the barstards!

OUmillenium
1/22/2007, 12:06 AM
Yep, I think the clock rules were another reason our offensive playcalling would go into lockdown mode anytime we got up by 10 or more points. That allowed Tex A&M and somebody else to sneak back in the game with just 1 or 2 decent drives.

GottaHavePride
1/22/2007, 12:27 AM
They need to take that new clock rule and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Seattle?

goingoneight
1/22/2007, 12:32 AM

Early post of the year nomination... spek!

goingoneight
1/22/2007, 12:33 AM
Seattle?

It's awful cold at teh North Pole, I hear...

TopDawg
1/22/2007, 01:26 AM

Thanks for the insight. We all know that if he's not injured, he shatters the record. But even with the injury he might've broken the record if not for the quick clock.

If 94's numbers are right and we had about 8 fewer plays per game, then he probably would've gotten 10-12 more carries in the first two games combined. Probably nothing more against Oregon (we'd probably be passing) or MTSU (we were so far ahead), and maybe nothing against Texas and then he was injured in the next game. So even if it's just 10-12 carries, that makes it pretty close.

Blues1
1/22/2007, 01:44 AM
Please Change back to the Old Clock Rules --- Please - PLEASE.....!!!!!!!

SoonerStats
1/22/2007, 07:40 AM
I did the math on this last week, and although it's based solely on averages, the extra plays probably would have been enough to give him the record even with his injury (around 4,164 yards).