PDA

View Full Version : Are you more adventurous when trying new foods....

royalfan5
1/21/2007, 04:56 PM
if the new food is plant based or animal based. I am pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods, but I am usually more receptive to trying new foods that comes from a plant more than food that comes from an animal. Is this the way most people are, or is it the other way around.

soonerboomer93
1/21/2007, 05:19 PM
there are certain body parts I won't eat off an animal but otherwise right now, it doesn't matter if it's plant of animal based to me

Newbomb Turk
1/21/2007, 05:21 PM
Is this the way most people are, or is it the other way around.

that's the way I am.

Chuck Bao
1/21/2007, 05:31 PM
I'll try anything, normally.

I have problems with:

shark's fin
monkeys
big cat penis
whale
dolphin
bears
penquins
eagles

But given the right BBQ sauce, maybe not.

MamaMia
1/21/2007, 05:43 PM
I like to explore new recipes all the time, whether it be for a dish made of fruit, vegetables, grains or a meat entree, as long as it doesn't have an ingredient in it that I don't like no matter how its prepared.

I suppose I'm a bit more daring if its a vegetable dish.

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2007, 06:06 PM
I eat the exact same things all the time and have 1 and MAYBE 2 different dishes I eat when I go to any particular restaurant.

Burgers, steak, chicken, and some kind of pasta/italian make up (no joke) 90% of my diet.

sanantoniosooner
1/21/2007, 06:08 PM
I'll try anything, normally.

I have problems with:

shark's fin
monkeys
big cat penis
whale
dolphin
bears
penquins
eagles

But given the right BBQ sauce, maybe not.How big does a cat penis have to get before you quit digging it?

GottaHavePride
1/21/2007, 06:53 PM
I'll try a lot of things. Plants I mostly will give a shot, although if I'm unimpressed I'm not giving it a second try. Animal matter I'll try so long as it's not organs or weird bits. Same for seafood - I like fish, and I'll even eat shrimp depending on how it's cooked. I've tried lobster and crab - didn't care for them much. clams I can deal with depending on the situation. You couldn't pay me to eat oysters. I've had exactly one food item based on a mussel that didn't suck.

OUHOMER
1/21/2007, 06:54 PM
I tryied some fancy japanesse bait one time. never again

Melo
1/21/2007, 07:06 PM
Basically, if it looks gross, I wont eat it. If I decide it looks okay, and try it, if it feels weird, I spit it out.

For the most part, I am VERY big on your typical southern meals. VERY 'meat and potatoes' ish. I love potatoes. I eat them raw, if thats all that is available.

Ill be more willing to try and animal than a plant. Though I dont eat weird body parts, and/or much of seafood. Except shrimp. And Sushi.

olevetonahill
1/21/2007, 07:11 PM
Ill eat anything RAW ( food wise pervs ) If thats all that available :eek:

OUHOMER
1/21/2007, 07:14 PM
Ill eat anything RAW ( food wise pervs ) If thats all that available :eek:

frn'hilbilly :D

olevetonahill
1/21/2007, 07:23 PM
People who say they WONT eat something , Have NEVER been hungry:eek:

Mongo
1/21/2007, 07:27 PM
Ive been on the brink of starvation during college, that I thought it was a good idea to eat at CiCi's pizza. I should have just ate some grubs and bark

olevetonahill
1/21/2007, 07:35 PM
Ive been on the brink of starvation during college, that I thought it was a good idea to eat at CiCi's pizza. I should have just ate some grubs and bark
Trust me Id rather have eatin cicis pizza than some of the stuff ive eatin to survive :eek:
Thats why it dont bother me a bit to be fat now :D

sanantoniosooner
1/21/2007, 07:39 PM
I can handle CiCi's with one stipulation.

Minimal number of children. They are noisy little bastages that bump into your chair and sneeze at a trajectory that the food has no protection from.

Mongo
1/21/2007, 07:43 PM
With CiCi's, there is a 15 minute countdown from your last bite til an eminant anal explosion. That window of time is a cruel bitch

Pricetag
1/21/2007, 07:47 PM
I know with plants, there's no chance of it being a testicle, so I'm more accepting of new veggie stuff.

olevetonahill
1/21/2007, 07:58 PM
I know with plants, there's no chance of it being a testicle, so I'm more accepting of new veggie stuff.
MMMMMMMMMM Calf fries . Good eatin

Mongo
1/21/2007, 08:04 PM

I agree that there aint no way I am eating any form of genitalia, but I hate plants. They have thorns, sharp leafs, irritating alkaloids, and poisonous innards. They creep me out.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/21/2007, 08:39 PM

MMMMMMMMMM Calf fries . Good eatin

Sh*ttin' truth, right there.

All I know is that there's a slew more plants that I know taste like crap than animal parts. Even innards. There's some dang good innards out there, by the way. Besides, how do you expect me to have a heart attack at 50 tryin' new dishes made of vegetables when I can be tryin' out deep fried pork sphincter and grilled possum 'nards?

tbl
1/21/2007, 08:52 PM
I'll try anything once... except oysters on the half shell. Waaaaay too slimy for me. Anything else I'm completely open to.

Mongo
1/21/2007, 08:57 PM
oysters are great. Remove said oyster and place on a saltine. Smother in red sauce that is heavy on the horseradish. Scrumptrulescent.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/21/2007, 08:58 PM
oysters are great. Remove said oyster and place on a saltine. Smother in red sauce that is heavy on the horseradish. Scrumptrulescent.

I tried it. Once.

Tasted like I poured hot sauce on fish snot.

Mongo
1/21/2007, 08:59 PM
mmmmm, fish snot

tbl
1/21/2007, 09:08 PM
It's all about the texture when it comes to oysters. They may taste great, but I don't think I could handle it. I love sushi, but every now and then a big piece can slightly set off the gag reflex.

Mongo
1/21/2007, 09:27 PM
a big piece can slightly set off the gag reflex.

joke overload:D

Frozen Sooner
1/21/2007, 09:32 PM
I just can't think of any way to say "I'm very adventurous when it comes to meat" that's not going to set off that joke overload. I've been trying for hours.

I'll go with "If it's dead animal flesh, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt."

I'd have never tried steak tartare without this attitude, nor would have I tried seared ahi, or a multitude of other things.

Plant-based food, on the other hand, has steered me wrong any number of times.

tbl
1/21/2007, 09:44 PM
a big piece can slightly set off the gag reflex.
That's what she said.
http://www.poptower.com/images/db/95/420/300/steve-carell.jpg

:D:D:D

olevetonahill
1/21/2007, 09:51 PM
You go from a muscled 190 lbs at 18 yrs old to a 150 lbs of hungry at 19 .
You will eat RAW waterbufalo dick as its coming , Just sayin:eek:
In other words Lose 40 lbs in 6 months then be stuck with NO food for 3 days , them oysters are gonna be good . They have to be better than the F--k you lizard