PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Norman Sooner
1/20/2007, 11:53 PM
Earlier in the day i took a dog in thinking that it was mostly Lab, however i started looking at Pit Bull pictures online and I know think that is what he may be considering the white trash town of Chickasha that i live in, Pits Bulls seem to be popular. I obviously WONT hav a pit in or around my house but i dont wanna take him to the pound as i think they automatically euthanize pits. Here he is, what do you think he is besides a black male dog?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/snrbrdnbrn/P1200086.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/snrbrdnbrn/P1200084.jpg

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2007, 11:58 PM
Throat punching a dog is pretty classless

Mongo
1/20/2007, 11:59 PM
use peanut butter, it sticks better than diet DP

Norman Sooner
1/20/2007, 11:59 PM
Comon sanantonio, i wouldnt do such a thing, not in the throat atleast

GottaHavePride
1/21/2007, 12:01 AM
I can't tell. black lab puppies and black pit bull puppies look pretty similar. Although, don't pit bulls usualy have a white patch on their stomach? I didn't think pits usually came in solid black.

Anway, regardless of the type of dog, personality has a lot to do with how they're raised and trained. I wouldn't buy a pit bull, personally, but they're not automatically vicious and untrustworthy just because they're pit bulls.

Sooner24
1/21/2007, 12:04 AM
Looks like some kind of mix.

OKC-SLC
1/21/2007, 12:47 AM
something about the eyes--maybe they're set apart--looks pit bullish to me.

24's probably right--a mix I'd bet. Doesn't look like full-on lab at least.

Mjcpr
1/21/2007, 12:49 AM
I don't think it's a pit bull either, at least not a full blood, but like GHP said, even if it was, its personality will be determined more by how you raise it than its breed.

Give him a chance.

1stTimeCaller
1/21/2007, 01:00 AM
I grew up in Chickasha and it was a nice town to grow up and be from. The last few years that I've been back for holidays to visit the parents and such has made it apparent that crystal meth has killed that town. It's too gawldanged dangerous to go to any bar in town unless you carry a .45.

Oh, good looking dog. Be nice to it, socialize it with kids and other dogs now and he'll be a good one.

LoyalFan
1/21/2007, 05:05 AM
Don't save a life only to destroy it.
Look, just have his nertz whacked so soon as the vet sez it's time. Have him professionally trained as a snake-proofed bird dawg. Buy a Beretta Over/Under and a case of shells. Buy hunting license...enjoy.
He'll make a great family pet, so long as you reinforce his training and discipline and don't let him get too fat. He'll protect you and yours with his very life.
Give him a chance.

LF

soonerboomer93
1/21/2007, 08:23 AM
It's all in how you raise the dog. It doesn't look like a pure breed to me either.

Pit Bulls have a reputation as dangerous because of how they're raised, that's the biggest issue.

jk the sooner fan
1/21/2007, 09:01 AM
definitely not full lab but i think the ears are a dead give away to a breed other than a pitbull

take it to a vet and let them tell you