PDA

View Full Version : Boise State Baseball Caps

TXBOOMER
1/20/2007, 11:05 PM
Saw two different people wearing Boise State caps in the mall in Lewisville, tx today. I'm sure they were wearing whorn hats this time last year. By the way, please let's not have anymore Sooner fans talking about how good of a game that was. F*** that game and F*** those hats.

Boomer Sooner

bri
1/20/2007, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry for your headgear-induced trauma, but that doesn't change the fact that was one hell of a game.

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2007, 11:23 PM
I'm sorry for your headgear-induced trauma, but that doesn't change the fact that was one hell of a game.
exactamundo

Sonner magic923
1/20/2007, 11:24 PM
ya it sucks that we were on the losing end of that game but that dosent take away the fact that yes that was one hell of a game.

Spanish Sooner
1/20/2007, 11:45 PM
now, when i was in maui in december i did see a few boise hats and shirts, and this was before the game of course, which makes sense Hawaii>Idaho, but ya there will be a few more bandwagon broncos from now until the lose a lot

Soonerus
1/20/2007, 11:49 PM
Anybody who wears a Boise State hat is a fricken loser...

batonrougesooner
1/20/2007, 11:49 PM
If OU could make a farking tackle on the hook and lateral it would have gone down in our books as one of the best OU comebacks EVAR!!!

Sh it happens. It was a great game. Too bad OU couldn't finish it.

I for one thought Marcus Walker might be the stud of the game. (How did that happen?.....)

Widescreen
1/20/2007, 11:54 PM
Some of you people sound like my wife. "Good for them. They won the game and it was a good game." Uh, no. It's never a good game when OU loses. I've never been super mature about the whole losing thing (in case you can't tell).

sanantoniosooner
1/20/2007, 11:56 PM
Some of you people sound like my wife. "Good for them. They won the game and it was a good game." Uh, no. It's never a good game when OU loses. I've never been super mature about the whole losing thing (in case you can't tell).
Are you finished yet?

still going with the wife thing

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:00 AM
Even though we lost, that was still probably the greatest football game I've ever attended in my life, of course I'm only 17 though. It was also the weirdest football game I've ever been too. The entire thing seemed surreal. It's almost like I didn't really realize what had happened until I started flying back home and got back into some kind of normalcy. I do agree with the statement that those were probably the same people wearing whorn headgear this time last year. :D

Soonerus
1/21/2007, 12:04 AM
Even though we lost, that was still probably the greatest football game I've ever attended in my life, of course I'm only 17 though. It was also the weirdest football game I've ever been too. The entire thing seemed surreal. It's almost like I didn't really realize what had happened until I started flying back home and got back into some kind of normalcy. I do agree with the statement that those were probably the same people wearing whorn headgear this time last year. :D

I was at the game too, it was not the greatest game I ever attended...it was the damn greasy, luckiest finish maybe...

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:07 AM
I was at the game too, it was not the greatest game I ever attended...it was the damn greasy, luckiest finish maybe...
It was still exciting though. I'm as disappointed with the outcome as anyone, but look me in the eye and tell me that game didn't have you on some excited, emotional rollercoaster. :D

Soonerus
1/21/2007, 12:10 AM
A lot of games have me on an emotional roller coaster...like the Hornets beat-down of the Lakers and Kobe tonight

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:13 AM
A lot of games have me on an emotional roller coaster...like the Hornets beat-down of the Lakers and Kobe tonight
I wish I could've been there. I forgot about the stupid game and didn't even watch it. That kinda made me mad after I found out the score. Why can't they beat people down like that when I'm at their games?

Soonerus
1/21/2007, 12:15 AM
They are just getting competitive again with the return of key players, D. West has 26 tonight...

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:33 AM
They are just getting competitive again with the return of key players, D. West has 26 tonight...
It would be awesome to see them finally get healthy and make a run at the playoffs. I haven't been staying up as much as I should have, but what's the word on Chris Paul and is there even any chance that Peja's back anytime this season?

Soonerus
1/21/2007, 12:36 AM
CP should be back in the next week or so and Peja before the season is over...with their full team they are darn good...

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:39 AM
CP should be back in the next week or so and Peja before the season is over...with their full team they are darn good...
Sweet. Thanks for the info. With their full team they've got to be a very good team. Nothing comes easy when you lose each of your top 4 scorers to injury. That's nothing but bad luck.

47straight
1/21/2007, 02:26 AM
Wow. Dude makes a comment about the probability that Potato-State-hat-wearers-in-suburban-Dallas are actually whorns, and we get no discussion of it whatsover. We did get beat over the head with my-that-was-a-good-game like its scripture, and if we would just accept my-that-was-a-good-game as our personal savior we will see redemption in the college football afterlife. Then you get some sort of Hornets analysis, which is funny because this is the OU football forum (yes I know its a catchall bin but still) and the Hornets are neither a) OU, nor b) football.

TXBoomer, I think you are right. Here in Austin, I've seen gluts of whooever we were playing right when we were about to play them. Not to mention the chants of "T-C-U" and wearing of TCU shirts at Texas home games last year, shots of which would be plastered up on the jumbotron.

More timely, at the OU-Texas basketball game a weekend ago, the students thought it would be oh so clever to chant "BOISE - STATE" just like the potato aggies did at the fiesta bowl during warm-ups. Of course, when they saw players playing basketball and not football, it confused them just a little. They also must have forgotten their trip to the Cabela's Bowl 20 miles south in Buda where they beat Texas School for the Blind/Deaf Consolidated High for their bowl victory.

Ooops. Sorry. My mistake. Texas School for the Deaf high school football had a winning record this year. Iowa, Texas' actual bowl opponent, didn't. My apologies for slandering the good name of TSFTD.

That, and not one but TWO horns I have the displeasure of associating with here in austin have the entire fiesta bowl on their laptops so they can watch OU get beat. The nice thing is that one of them actually admitted he was glad they didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl, because he knows that UT would have gotten rolled.

So I guess there is hope after all! But yeah, i'd say there's at least a 50-50 chance a Boise State hat sighting in the state of Texas is an OU hater, not an actual potato aggie.

the_edge
1/21/2007, 03:25 AM
I hope Boise State loses every game they play from now until the end of time.

Zabranksy is still a ******.

BIG_IKE
1/21/2007, 05:52 AM
Actually, Boise State has very widespread fanbase. Everywhere I have lived I have always known some Boise State fans. I mean think about it... who wants to graduate and work in Boise. Alot of their Alumni is all over the nation.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/21/2007, 10:00 AM
Saw two different people wearing Boise State caps in the mall in Lewisville, tx today. I'm sure they were wearing whorn hats this time last year. By the way, please let's not have anymore Sooner fans talking about how good of a game that was. F*** that game and F*** those hats.

Boomer Sooner

You're wrong on two accounts:

1) that was a great game

2) the little kids wearing the BSU hats are still wearing their little cow hats, just underneath them. They started to get accustomed to that being underneath OU feeling again this year, so all is well.

47Wins
1/21/2007, 11:53 AM
Ok, here's the deal. The only thing that has everyone mooning over this game is the fact that Boise won. If it had ended with our interception, then we would have heard that we won but didn't deserve the win. Blessedly Boise came back and our generally lackluster effort is covered up by the feel good story of BSU. Three and a half quarters of pretty average football is glossedover by 3-4 minutesof decent play.Personally I think we are darn lucky that Boise came back for the win and provided a distraction from OU's play.

The thing that makes it more bearable than the usc loss, is the fact that once again OU will enter the 07 season ranked high with a legitmate shot at running the table while Boise loses 17 seniors and will be lucky to go .500 in their conference. Boise's success does not make a case for them being included in the BCS, it simply shows that every few years a tremendously over-achieving team comes together and plays great football. So I'm grateful for Boise's comeback but I'm even more grateful for being a lifelong fan of OU.

StoopTroup
1/21/2007, 01:34 PM
It was one of the best 4th quarter I've ever seen that we lost.

I hope I never see another like it.

ruf/nekdad
1/21/2007, 02:30 PM
The thing that makes it more bearable than the usc loss, is the fact ...

usc? I don't remember us playing usc. Man, thought I was a noob.

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 02:45 PM
usc? I don't remember us playing usc. Man, thought I was a noob.
I'm with this guy. When did that happen?

TUSooner
1/21/2007, 03:04 PM
****It's never a good game when OU loses....

End.

Of.

Discussion.

southern sooner
1/21/2007, 03:47 PM
I live in Lewisville and I frequent vista ridge mall, I too have seen people sporting those awful hats... however; i do see a lot of sooners on a regular basis there

Jason White's Third Knee
1/21/2007, 04:06 PM
Symantics. I was so dejected through the 3rd qtr that our comeback made me ok with the loss. Yes, it sucks, but regardless, the game was amazing and fun.

opksooner
1/21/2007, 04:54 PM
F*** that game and F*** those hats.

Boomer Sooner

....and **** the horse they rode in on!

garland sooner
1/21/2007, 05:33 PM
Zabranksy is still a ******.

you got that right. The thing that upset me is that he called it the greatest college football game ever when he was interviewed. I'm sorry, you cannot spout out right after you won a game where you beat one good team that it is the greatest game ever. For you, it was the best because that means you are going to go back to McDonalds after you graduate and do nothing.

MissouriSooner
1/21/2007, 06:10 PM
I'm with you, brother. An OU loss is not good by ANY standard.

sanantoniosooner
1/21/2007, 06:12 PM
There are some wins we've had that disgusted me more than that loss.

And that game kept me on the edge of my chair. I got no hate for anyone after that game.

MissouriSooner
1/21/2007, 06:19 PM
There are some wins we've had that disgusted me more than that loss.

And that game kept me on the edge of my chair. I got no hate for anyone after that game.
I got no hate for BSU; they won the game fair and square; it's the Sooners LOSING I don't like.

WASOONERFAN
1/21/2007, 06:30 PM
I could'nt believe the difference in Boise State gear flying home to Seattle. On the way down there was one hat on the entire plane. The ride home was full of people mostly wearing new Blue and orange. (Arrrgh) My son and I had OUr hats on and as we got on the plane some guy in first class said I was brave. Looked him straight in the eye and said no just as proud as ever to support a real football team. I talked to alot of Boise fans and they all kept talking about this as the greatest game ever played. I just tell them that in the history of Oklahoma football this was not even close.

TXBOOMER
1/21/2007, 07:23 PM
I'm with you, brother. An OU loss is not good by ANY standard.

Me too. I am under the opinion that an OU loss is a shatty game no matter the entertainment value. Especially, when it was to a former (not so distant past) JUCO program. But, hey we are all entitled to OUr opinions.

Beef
1/21/2007, 08:23 PM
I have a Boise St. hat. I bought it three years ago and am proud to support a school that has won me as much money as they have over the years.

elderlysooner
1/21/2007, 10:36 PM
I hate to loose as much as anybody, but it was still one of the most exciting games I have ever seen, and I go back to before Billy Vessels.

BIG_IKE
1/22/2007, 10:14 AM
I dont like the result and I almost broke my TV screen, but it was a better game than the UTerus-SUC game of last year to me and many others.

footballfanatic
1/22/2007, 04:01 PM
Wow. Dude makes a comment about the probability that Potato-State-hat-wearers-in-suburban-Dallas are actually whorns, and we get no discussion of it whatsover. We did get beat over the head with my-that-was-a-good-game like its scripture, and if we would just accept my-that-was-a-good-game as our personal savior we will see redemption in the college football afterlife. Then you get some sort of Hornets analysis, which is funny because this is the OU football forum (yes I know its a catchall bin but still) and the Hornets are neither a) OU, nor b) football.

TXBoomer, I think you are right. Here in Austin, I've seen gluts of whooever we were playing right when we were about to play them. Not to mention the chants of "T-C-U" and wearing of TCU shirts at Texas home games last year, shots of which would be plastered up on the jumbotron.

More timely, at the OU-Texas basketball game a weekend ago, the students thought it would be oh so clever to chant "BOISE - STATE" just like the potato aggies did at the fiesta bowl during warm-ups. Of course, when they saw players playing basketball and not football, it confused them just a little. They also must have forgotten their trip to the Cabela's Bowl 20 miles south in Buda where they beat Texas School for the Blind/Deaf Consolidated High for their bowl victory.

Ooops. Sorry. My mistake. Texas School for the Deaf high school football had a winning record this year. Iowa, Texas' actual bowl opponent, didn't. My apologies for slandering the good name of TSFTD.

That, and not one but TWO horns I have the displeasure of associating with here in austin have the entire fiesta bowl on their laptops so they can watch OU get beat. The nice thing is that one of them actually admitted he was glad they didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl, because he knows that UT would have gotten rolled.

So I guess there is hope after all! But yeah, i'd say there's at least a 50-50 chance a Boise State hat sighting in the state of Texas is an OU hater, not an actual potato aggie.

Just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

CobraKai
1/22/2007, 04:36 PM
I missed winning the $300 million dollar lottery by one number, but it was still awesome and so exciting. As a result of the excitement I'm not still sick of losing, and bitter and angry about the "what ifs"!

Just kidding. I missed all 6 numbers.

47straight
1/22/2007, 04:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

Unemployed. :D

rufnek05
1/22/2007, 07:31 PM
One of my brothers said to some fat lady outside the stadium after the game. "when we go undefeated, we win a national championship, what did u guys get?"

but better than that, was the blank look on her face right after he said it.

they can enjoy their trick play BS win.

sanantoniosooner
1/22/2007, 08:47 PM
they can enjoy their trick play BS win.
sour grapes are sad.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 01:09 AM
....and **** the horse they rode in on!

yeah... and **** Texas!