PDA

View Full Version : AD in the AZ!!!

The Maestro
1/20/2007, 09:31 PM
So my good friend I used to work with here in Arizona is a semi-serious college football fan. He is an Oregon State grad and lives in Tempe with a friend who graduated from Arizona, but does not exactly have his finger on the pulse of college football.

So it is widely known that some guys come to Phoenix before the NFL combine due to some training guru out here. I know this cause I met Davin Joseph, Michael Huff and Rod Wright out on the town last year about this time.

So Josh just calls me and tells me that his non-football knowing roommate, Tom, came in and told him that some guy from Oklahoma just moved in right by them. Tom knows I am a big OU fan and found that ironic. Josh asked him the guys name and Tom said,"Adrian something..."

Yep, Adrian Freaking Peterson!

Now, if you live in Norman this is no big deal as he has lived in your neck of the woods for three years now. But, this is different...AD is about to become a professional. And he is about to get a new stalker!!! Er, I mean, an invite to go watch some football tomorrow at Zipp's.

I'll keep you posted...and if doesn't work out...hell, it's the internet! I'll just lie about it!

Collier11
1/20/2007, 09:36 PM
I hope you have room for "all" of him ;)

Stitch Face
1/20/2007, 09:52 PM
I'm just glad the young man is taking this whole "NFL" thing seriously.

Soonerus
1/20/2007, 11:36 PM
You should take him to "The Tilted Kilt"...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2007, 11:42 PM
Whew, I was thinking you think he will become an AZ Cardinal. I don't wish it for him.

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:02 AM
Whew, I was thinking you think he will become an AZ Cardinal. I don't wish it for him.
Ditto here

TripleOption14
1/21/2007, 08:52 AM
I have a buddy of mine that is in the same strength and conditioning field and his sister works at that facility in Arizona. And for the life of me i cannot remember the name of the place. But i've seen pictures of the complex from him and the place is RIDICULOUS!! But yeah, A LOT of the players from all sports go there to train for the combine, upcoming season, and other stuff. God what is the name of that place.... grrr. The general pop. can go there too which is even cooler. They work on speed, explosive power, and they even have an entire staff strictly for nutrition and supplements. They definitely did it up right.

brown town sooner
1/21/2007, 10:39 AM
I thought that you were saying he was going to the Cards as well....what a relief. I KNOW I couldn't bring myself to watch AZ play even if AD was on the team. There would be too many shots of that cross eyed Leinert that would drudge up horrific memories of that BOTCH!!!! in the Orange Bowl.

Harry Beanbag
1/21/2007, 10:56 AM
I have a buddy of mine that is in the same strength and conditioning field and his sister works at that facility in Arizona. And for the life of me i cannot remember the name of the place. But i've seen pictures of the complex from him and the place is RIDICULOUS!! But yeah, A LOT of the players from all sports go there to train for the combine, upcoming season, and other stuff. God what is the name of that place.... grrr. The general pop. can go there too which is even cooler. They work on speed, explosive power, and they even have an entire staff strictly for nutrition and supplements. They definitely did it up right.

I think this is it...

http://www.athletesperformance.com/index.php

From reading through their website, they like to refer to themselves as AP. Don't they know it's AD?

Harry Beanbag
1/21/2007, 11:00 AM
Er, I mean, an invite to go watch some football tomorrow at Zipp's.

I'll keep you posted...and if doesn't work out...hell, it's the internet! I'll just lie about it!

You'd better call me if this happens...

Might want to take him to McDonald's afterwards too. I think he likes it.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/uploads/880/F47613.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/21/2007, 11:43 AM

http://rivals100.rivals.com/uploads/880/F47613.jpgNo schmidt! If any of us AZ soonerfolk gets to talk to AD, let's tell him to make any deal he can that sends him AWAY from the Bidwills.

Flagstaffsooner
1/21/2007, 03:07 PM
As much as I would hate for him to be a Card, it would be cool to see him in my town in August during camp.

The Maestro
1/21/2007, 04:53 PM

http://rivals100.rivals.com/uploads/880/F47613.jpg

Will call you, Harry. Gonna give him a break today...but 5 a.m. tomorrow he better be ready for "Take a Sooner to work Day!"

DBoomerSoonerGalAZ
1/23/2007, 05:14 PM
:confused: So any new updates about AD being here in AZ? :confused: