PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Mustain goes to Arkansas

CRASH 02
1/20/2007, 08:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/01/19/mustain.reenrolls.ap/index.html :rolleyes:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Mitch Mustain, Arkansas' highly recruited quarterback who asked for and received his release from the Razorbacks this week, has re-enrolled at the university for classes this semester, a school spokesman said.

Mustain, a freshman, re-enrolled for classes late Friday afternoon, said Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations for the university.

Citing an anonymous source, The Morning News of Springdale reported Friday that Mustain would not rejoin the Razorbacks. KHOG television station in Fayetteville reported that Mustain has received interest from several schools, but that time constraints made it difficult for the freshman to pick a college.

Neither Mustain nor his mother could immediately be reached for comment Friday.

Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt had cleared Mustain to seek a transfer, and Tulsa, Texas Tech and Texas-El Paso have all expressed interest in the quarterback.

Tulsa is where former Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn took a job as assistant head coach earlier this week. Malzahn was Mustain's high school coach at Springdale.

Nutt has left open the possibility for Mustain to return to the Razorbacks.

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:06 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/01/19/mustain.reenrolls.ap/index.html :rolleyes:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Mitch Mustain, Arkansas' highly recruited quarterback who asked for and received his release from the Razorbacks this week, has re-enrolled at the university for classes this semester, a school spokesman said.

Mustain, a freshman, re-enrolled for classes late Friday afternoon, said Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations for the university.

Citing an anonymous source, The Morning News of Springdale reported Friday that Mustain would not rejoin the Razorbacks. KHOG television station in Fayetteville reported that Mustain has received interest from several schools, but that time constraints made it difficult for the freshman to pick a college.

Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt had cleared Mustain to seek a transfer, and Tulsa, Texas Tech and Texas-El Paso have all expressed interest in the quarterback.

Tulsa is where former Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn took a job as assistant head coach earlier this week. Malzahn was Mustain's high school coach at Springdale.

Nutt has left open the possibility for Mustain to return to the Razorbacks.

I don't think that means anything other than the kid wants to stay in school while he takes his time making his decision. Not a bad choice in my opinion. I'm just glad that they took Stoops' word seriously and didn't say anything about Oklahoma being an option. How many times does Stoops have to say that Nichol was the only QB we were going after? Of course then again, I'm sure there is some distrust between the media and football coaches pertaining to what they say. *cough*Saban*cough* :D

All_Day_28
1/21/2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think that means anything other than the kid wants to stay in school while he takes his time making his decision. Not a bad choice in my opinion. I'm just glad that they took Stoops' word seriously and didn't say anything about Oklahoma being an option. How many times does Stoops have to say that Nichol was the only QB we were going after? Of course then again, I'm sure there is some distrust between the media and football coaches pertaining to what they say. *cough*Saban*cough* :D
I don't blame Saban one bit for what he said to the media.

Ash
1/21/2007, 12:10 AM
Just sounds like he's trying to stay eligible until he lands somewhere

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:12 AM
I don't blame Saban one bit for what he said to the media.
I don't blame him either. If I was in his position, I wouldn't have wanted the media in my face either. Apparently the media doesn't understand that. If they weren't so pushy, he probably wouldn't have needed to lie

Ash
1/21/2007, 12:15 AM
I don't blame him either. If I was in his position, I wouldn't have wanted the media in my face either. Apparently the media doesn't understand that. If they weren't so pushy, he probably wouldn't have needed to lie

That's a good one. I'll have to try that sometime..."Hey, if you weren't so pushy, I wouldn't have lied. Get off my back!"

Yeah, I like it. That'll come in handy. :texan:

KingDavid
1/21/2007, 12:25 AM
These have been very useful to me:

"Hey, I would have been honest with you, but there was just too much at stake."

or

"If I deemed our relationship to be of any sort of merit or worth, I would have shot straight with you."

or perhaps my favorite

"If I had known you were going to find out, I would have been truthful from the get-go."

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:32 AM
That's a good one. I'll have to try that sometime..."Hey, if you weren't so pushy, I wouldn't have lied. Get off my back!"

Trust me, it works

Ash
1/21/2007, 12:40 AM
These have been very useful to me:

"Hey, I would have been honest with you, but there was just too much at stake."

or

"If I deemed our relationship to be of any sort of merit or worth, I would have shot straight with you."

or perhaps my favorite

"If I had known you were going to find out, I would have been truthful from the get-go."
:D

1stTimeCaller
1/21/2007, 01:24 AM
:rolleyes:

just like when Coach Stoops told the media that Josh Heupel had nothing wrong with his elbow or when he said that Jason White's knees were fine?

C'mon folks, let's take off the crimson shades for a minute.

Soonerus
1/21/2007, 01:46 AM
Who really cares about Mustain...

47straight
1/21/2007, 02:30 AM

I do... in that I hope he doesn't come here. :D

birddog
1/21/2007, 03:01 AM

amen. there's alot of talk about a player that has no ties to ou at all. we've got some qb's that can play and they chose to be sooners all along.

Big Red Ron
1/21/2007, 10:22 AM
Please God, not Texas Tech.

Ash
1/21/2007, 10:24 AM
Please God, not Texas Tech.

I don't know, watching Leach deal with Mommy Mustain could make for great theatre!

:)

MissouriSooner
1/21/2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know, watching Leach deal with Mommy Mustain could make for great theatre!

Amen. That would be fun to watch...

MojoRisen
1/22/2007, 07:06 PM

Don't ask me about my business and I wont tell you no lies! But if you want to talk fishin I guess that would be alright..

TexasLidig8r
1/23/2007, 10:24 AM

[PirateMike]"Shut up ye wench err I'll have ye walk the plank.. arggggg."[PirateMike]

Jeopardude
1/23/2007, 10:40 AM
Headline:

NUTT'S OUT; MUSTAIN COMES

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/23/2007, 11:11 AM

First time for everything.

picasso
1/23/2007, 11:42 AM
Mitch Cumstein? He was my roommate in college.

RiddlerOK
1/23/2007, 09:43 PM
I don't know, watching Bobby Knight deal with Mommy Mustain could make for great theatre!

Fixed!