PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn not playing in the Senior Bowl

colleyvillesooner
1/20/2007, 03:10 PM
Knee injury to sideline Quinn

MOBILE, Ala. -- Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn will sit out the Senior Bowl with a minor knee injury.

Quinn will still travel to Mobile for the game, an audition for senior NFL prospects, Senior Bowl spokesman Vic Knight told the Press-Register of Mobile.

Knight said Friday he didn't know which knee was injured or how the injury occurred.

Quinn was examined at Dr. James Andrews' office in Birmingham, Ala., Knight said, and was advised not to play in the Jan. 27 game.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Wow, that doesn't sound shady at all. Looks like somebody told Brady not to play.

Big Red Ron
1/20/2007, 03:13 PM
Jason White is 10x the QB that Quinn is. Damn ACL's

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/20/2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, that doesn't sound shady at all. Looks like somebody told Brady not to play.
Good finally someone realized how bad he really is.

OnlyOneOklahoma
1/20/2007, 05:20 PM
donut-boy wiess must be a wreck hearing this news of his star QB, i hope he can survive knowing his baby is hurting

snp
1/20/2007, 05:24 PM

Is that supposed to be a slight to Quinn? He's going to be a top pick, why bother with a meaningless game?

colleyvillesooner
1/20/2007, 06:06 PM
Is that supposed to be a slight to Quinn? He's going to be a top pick, why bother with a meaningless game?

No, I just think someone advised him to not play in the game. Just saying it probably had nothing to do with his knee.

8timechamps
1/20/2007, 07:25 PM
Why was Quinn even thinking about playing?

I remember when the Senior Bowl-type games meant something. There was one, maybe two games, and most of the best college guys played in them. Now, there's like 50 of them.

I know it still means something for the guys that play, in that they get a shot to be seen, but you almost never see the all-stars playing in them.

snp
1/20/2007, 08:01 PM
No, I just think someone advised him to not play in the game. Just saying it probably had nothing to do with his knee.

I agree, he played 3.5 seasons of football without ever getting injured, he sure didn't get hurt after the season was over. I just don't see how it's "shady" for him not to play in this meaningless game.

colleyvillesooner
1/20/2007, 08:21 PM
I agree, he played 3.5 seasons of football without ever getting injured, he sure didn't get hurt after the season was over. I just don't see how it's "shady" for him not to play in this meaningless game.

It's shady to make up an injury and release it. Saying "I just don't want to risk an injury" would have been the right way to go.

OUmillenium
1/20/2007, 08:31 PM
Yes

Snrfn4ever08
1/21/2007, 12:10 AM
It's shady to make up an injury and release it. Saying "I just don't want to risk an injury" would have been the right way to go.
What makes you guys think he didn't really hurt himself doing something like, oh, tripping over his dog? Wait, what am I doing taking up for a domer? Carry on:D