PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha! Someone who used to work for me is on Judge Judy!

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I know, why the hell am I watching Judge Judy? Disregarding that...

SOMEONE WHO USED TO WORK FOR ME IS THE PLAINTIFF ON JUDGE JUDY!

Awesomeness.

SicEmBaylor
1/19/2007, 07:14 PM
I've decided to be a banker when I get out of school.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 07:16 PM
let me know what bank you're working at

I see free money coming my way :D

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I can totally see you going on Judge Judy.

Actually, you want a job? I think I'm hiring right now.

Melo
1/19/2007, 07:18 PM
I've decided to be a man when I get out of school.

:eek:

Penguin
1/19/2007, 07:29 PM
I worked with a guy whose daughter was on Texas Justice. It's a pretty sweet deal.

She was suing her roommate when she "sold" her car to the roommate. The other girl was going to take over the payments, so it was never transferred over to the other girl's name. Anywho, roommate didn't make payments and Mr. Repo Man took the car.

So, my friend's daughter won the case. She was awarded the value of the car, plus the repo expenses (she eventually got the car back). The sweet part of the deal is that the show pays for everything, including the award!

The deadbeat got off scott-free. The only deal was that she was told by the producers to have an attitude and act like an *** on TV. That was it. She didn't pay a dime for the car. She was never sued because the real case is dropped when they agree to go on TV.

Deadbeats everywhere need to look for a court tv show.

It's so funny when they interview the "losers" after each segment. They act all mad and disappointed. It's just an act.

Penguin
1/19/2007, 07:32 PM
Let me re-phrase that. She will not have a judgement against her on her credit because the real case was dropped when they agreed to go on TV.

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2007, 07:34 PM
Of course, your friend's daughter still shows a repossession and slow pay on her credit, so that's kind of a bummer.

PEOPLE: Car loans are almost never assumable, and it is grounds for immediate repossession if the financial institution finds out that someone else has taken over payments.

Penguin
1/19/2007, 07:43 PM
Oh, yeah. I agree. The show is clearly made for the losers.

The winners get to be on TV, and the losers get to avoid the judgement+court costs+legal fees.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 07:48 PM
I guess that's why all the lawsuits are generally in the 2k range

Penguin
1/19/2007, 07:54 PM
Of course, your friend's daughter still shows a repossession and slow pay on her credit, so that's kind of a bummer.

PEOPLE: Car loans are almost never assumable, and it is grounds for immediate repossession if the financial institution finds out that someone else has taken over payments.

Now that I've thought about it, I'm pretty sure that why she (the daughter) decided to go on TV. She probably figured she had no chance in a real court.

Plus, two female roommates catfighting over a car makes for good television. :texan:

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2007, 07:57 PM
They can be a pretty good deal for the plaintiff if the defendant is judgement-proof-you know, doesn't have a job or a bank account or anything. They get guaranteed payment.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 08:01 PM
Plus, two female roommates catfighting in jello makes for good television. :texan:

fixed it

tbl
1/19/2007, 09:02 PM
You guys could have had a fellow board member on there, had I decided to pursue it. I bought a Fender Jaguar off a dude on Ebay for $650 and when he shipped it, there were some stress cracks in the finish from how the dumb-dumb packaged it. Like an idiot, I sent it back before my refund came in and he basically ended up coming up with every excuse in the book (his hand fell in a deep frier, his daughter ran away, his wife got hooked on drugs... all kinds of crap), so he started sending partial payments (this all started in 2001). He still owes me at least $300, but I haven't checked in a while. All our communication was via email so I still have everything saved.

Anyway, I contacted Judge Judy and they sent me emails wanting me to come on and take action. I just figured I'd let this one pass... I didn't want that crabby old lady getting smart with me, even though I am in the right.

StormySooner-IN
1/20/2007, 01:02 AM
I've decided to be a cashier when I get out of school.Fixed.:D:P

1stTimeCaller
1/20/2007, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I can totally see you going on Judge Judy.

Actually, you want a job? I think I'm hiring right now.

currently you are unemployed. why would he want to work for someone that doesn't have a job.

StoopTroup
1/20/2007, 10:30 AM
I now am wondering what you got in Pet Court.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/c1/250px-Judgewapner.jpg

Dio
1/20/2007, 10:40 AM
I've decided to be a banker when I get out of school.

You're going to have to take up something harder than Zima.