http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2736354

Probably a wise choice on his part.

Easy180
1/19/2007, 05:23 PM
Definitely smart...Get 10 mil and don't get drilled 20 times a game

See he has a 97 mph fastball...Potential bad news for this Cards fan

starrca23
1/19/2007, 06:37 PM
Don't worry Easy, remember he is a Cub. They have drafted great pitchers for the last decade and it never seems to pan out for them.
Although I do have tickets for a Cards-Cubs game at Busch, it would be cool to see Phat Albert take him deep!!

westcoast_sooner
1/20/2007, 12:11 AM
Told a buddy of mine about that. He said "he'll have a longer career in baseball." We'll see about that.

The kid can play regardless of what you say about ND.

Rhino
1/20/2007, 01:56 AM
He'll do well and the Cubs will get excited about him and call him up about three years to early, ruin his arm and keep him on the team.

Then he can go and Drew Henson an NFL team out of some dough.

Smartest move he could've made.

Collier11
1/20/2007, 02:21 AM
Good for him, he wont ever compete for a WS title, but he will be rich so goodfor him.

PLaw
1/20/2007, 11:11 AM
Does anyone in Sooner-land really care???

BOOMER SOONER

85sooners
1/20/2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone in Sooner-land really care???

BOOMER SOONER:D

william_brasky
1/20/2007, 11:46 AM
Notre Dame sucks.

The Cubs suck.

Awesome thread.

stoopified
1/20/2007, 12:56 PM
Go on take the money and run.

josh09
1/20/2007, 01:19 PM
Why not both?

BO!

josh09
1/20/2007, 01:20 PM
Actually on second thought baseball is probably the better choice.

Even though he was a freakin haus receiver.

TripleOption14
1/20/2007, 02:14 PM
Good choice. He was a good WR in college but i don't know if he had the spped for the next level. Definitely the height but probably not the separation speed. With baseball that height will come in handy.

Collier11
1/20/2007, 08:50 PM
speed is overrated in Wr's, when will anyone realize that

starrca23
1/20/2007, 09:09 PM
Good call c11, I don't think J. Rice was known for his 40 time.

Ash
1/20/2007, 09:10 PM
Actually on second thought baseball is probably the better choice.

Even though he was a freakin haus receiver.

I don't understand.

Einfamilienwohnhaus?:twinkies:

TripleOption14
1/21/2007, 08:54 AM
speed is overrated in Wr's, when will anyone realize that

Notice i said "seperation speed"..... And no it is not "overrated". See Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Javon Walker, Santana Moss.

Collier11
1/21/2007, 11:48 AM
See Jerry Rice, Wayne Chrebet, Ed Mcaffery etc...it is very overrated, it helps dont get me wrong but alot more has to do with the ability to seperate, run good routes, etc;

TripleOption14
1/21/2007, 02:38 PM
See Jerry Rice, Wayne Chrebet, Ed Mcaffery etc...it is very overrated, it helps dont get me wrong but alot more has to do with the ability to seperate, run good routes, etc;

All of the guys you mentioned had excellent seperation speed. So i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The point is a lot of big/tall WR have a problem with getting seperation and thats why a lot of teams have started to go back to the smaller quicker WR's. Here recently teams were all shot off in the rear about the "big" wr. Then once they picked them they found out that the DB's were always all over them. For example, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, and soon D. Jarrett. all have this problem hence they end up not really doing much. They're are a few rare exception those being C. Johnson, TO, and R. Moss but those guys all can flat out FLY. I think Samardzija would have fallen into the category of the before mentioned guys was basically the point i was making.

Collier11
1/21/2007, 02:51 PM
Thats fine, im not saying you are wrong...just that I think speed is overrated

TripleOption14
1/21/2007, 03:02 PM
Thats fine, im not saying you are wrong...just that I think speed is overrated

Cool. I would agree with you as well that "break away" speed is overrated. I'm just anal about the term because its what i've been studying. There's different kinds of speed is the important factor to note. And i think we both realize that.

Scott D
1/21/2007, 05:12 PM
All of the guys you mentioned had excellent seperation speed. So i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The point is a lot of big/tall WR have a problem with getting seperation and thats why a lot of teams have started to go back to the smaller quicker WR's. Here recently teams were all shot off in the rear about the "big" wr. Then once they picked them they found out that the DB's were always all over them. For example, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, and soon D. Jarrett. all have this problem hence they end up not really doing much. They're are a few rare exception those being C. Johnson, TO, and R. Moss but those guys all can flat out FLY. I think Samardzija would have fallen into the category of the before mentioned guys was basically the point i was making.

The fact that over the last 15 years corners have gotten bigger hasn't played into that fact either ;)

Collier11
1/21/2007, 05:19 PM
Cool. I would agree with you as well that "break away" speed is overrated. I'm just anal about the term because its what i've been studying. There's different kinds of speed is the important factor to note. And i think we both realize that.

Man, something wierd is going on. You are the third or fourth person in a row that ive been able to have a legitmate conversation where we disagreed on points but it was handled constructively without anyone calling anyone a idiot, loser, jackazz, etc... Is this still soonerfans? ;)