PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight!

Jerk
1/19/2007, 01:24 PM
I'm going to try and go to bed.

Looks like I'll be up all night.

You people that live in the Yukon, Mustang, and Piedmont area can grade me on how well I do my job, as I will be plowing snow all night on hwy 4. Remember, if I can clear the road of the snow and leave a nice smooth sheet of ice, then I've done my duty well.

See ya!

Stay home if you can...seriously. I can't tell you how many people we see get hurt whilst doing this. Yall see crazy things out there during your one hour commute to work in winter weather, just image what you see at 14 hours of non-stop driving.

Mjcpr
1/19/2007, 01:33 PM
I can tell you your grade right now........F. That's what it always is. They had a pole on the local Fox affiliate here the last few days asking if the City did a good job on clearing the roads. About 80% said no. :rolleyes: I had no problems getting around town this week.

I guess it's a thankless job, so......thanks. :D

bri
1/19/2007, 01:36 PM
Stay safe, man.

And look on the bright side...at least you don't have to work around hills and trees. ;)

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2007, 01:38 PM
We all appreciate the snow plowers . . . thanks man!

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/19/2007, 01:41 PM
At least you actually work for a city that gives a crap about the roads. So yay, you and yay, your city!

Attn: The City of Midwest City

Buy some trucks and put a buncha sand and salt in the back of them. Then buy some of those tractor deelies that have the big plow/blade thingies on them. When frozen death water comes out of the sky and lands on your streets, tell the trucks to go put the sand and salt on them. Tell the tractor deelies to go out and get the blade/plow thingies real close to the street and try to get some of the frozen death water off of it so it's easier to drive on.

:mad:

sooner_born_1960
1/19/2007, 01:42 PM
I think Jerk is working for the state.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/19/2007, 01:43 PM
Oh.

Yay, Jerk and yay, whoever's sending him out and giving a crap about the roads!

:O

Mjcpr
1/19/2007, 01:47 PM
I can tell you your grade right now........F. That's what it always is. They had a pole on the local Fox affiliate here the last few days asking if the City did a good job on clearing the roads. About 80% said no. :rolleyes: I had no problems getting around town this week.

At least you actually work for a city that gives a crap about the roads. So yay, you and yay, your city!

Attn: The City of Midwest City

Buy some trucks and put a buncha sand and salt in the back of them. Then buy some of those tractor deelies that have the big plow/blade thingies on them. When frozen death water comes out of the sky and lands on your streets, tell the trucks to go put the sand and salt on them. Tell the tractor deelies to go out and get the blade/plow thingies real close to the street and try to get some of the frozen death water off of it so it's easier to drive on.

See. :D

Fugue
1/19/2007, 01:49 PM
:pop:

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/19/2007, 01:51 PM
Oh, I'd thank 'em.

If they did anything...at...all.

Fugue
1/19/2007, 01:54 PM
Tittay is pretty good about this. They mobilize everyone the night before a storm to pre-salt the streets.

1/19/2007, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure people fully realize how important clearing the roads is to everyone who posts on here.

God bless the late-night Snow People. Without the efforts of your labor, many would surely be stranded or parish trying to make it through the storm.

Dio
1/19/2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for doing what you do out there, Jerk.

NYSooner1355
1/19/2007, 04:55 PM

I can't speak for the poll that was done, but from my understanding the main reason school was cancelled the entire week was because secondary roads weren't cleared...and buses would have had a hard time making it through the neighborhoods - I also didn't have much trouble around here, but I didn't drive many of the secondary roads, the roads in our community suck though...but I expected that