PDA

View Full Version : Surely you can show up now...

OSUAggie
1/19/2007, 11:43 AM
www.soonersports.com

STUDENTS GET IN FREE TO OU/BAYLOR MEN'S HOOPS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OU Sports Information)

The University of Oklahoma Athletics Department has announced a promotion for Saturday’s 3 p.m. men’s basketball game against Baylor, offering free admission to OU students.

Students who present a valid OU I.D. will be admitted free of charge at Lloyd Noble Center’s west entrance beginning at 1 p.m. Student season ticket holders who attend the the game will receive an additional free student ticket to either the Jan. 30 home game against Longwood or the Feb. 3 home game against Texas Tech. Availability for the Longwood/Texas Tech ticket giveaway is limited and tickets will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

A free soft drink and popcorn will also be available to student season ticket holders this Saturday, as well as Arby’s coupons. Tickets must be scanned at the game to receive the offers.

Student season ticket holders may still pick up their tickets at the OU Athletics Ticket Office this Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

"We’re glad that we can make this opportunity available for a Big 12 Conference game," said OU Athletics Director Joe Castiglione. "Our team needs the support of our students and we are hopeful that many will take advantage of this opportunity.

"Our students, more than any other group, have the ability to create an electric atmosphere."

A free student shuttle service will also be provided to and from Lloyd Noble Center on Saturday. The service, which will begin at 1 p.m., will pick up in front of the Phi Gamma Delta house, the Beta Theta Pi house and Couch Mall. Service will run continuously between Lloyd Noble Center and the selected pickup points until one hour after the conclusion of the game.

The OU men’s basketball team enters Saturday’s game with a 10-6 overall record and a 2-2 Big 12 Conference mark. The Sooners are coming off a 70-53 home win over Nebraska on Wednesday

boomersooner82
1/19/2007, 12:01 PM
You'd think they'd show up, but you never know. It's pathetic that it's come to this. I know they've given tickets and free pizza away for lousy non-conference games, and I realize "it's just Baylor" but c'mon. You can blame the weather or the location of Lloyd Noble or ticket prices, but nothing ever stopped me from attending a game when I was there. The students should be ashamed of themselves. The athletics department shouldn't have to beg them to come attend a conference home game regardless of the opponent.

birddog
1/19/2007, 12:05 PM
geez, look at what we've become. :mad:

i don't think it is a money issue, at all. i think it's just a general lack of interest. isn't it?

C&CDean
1/19/2007, 12:06 PM
Hey ag, go **** up a rope.

OUSKINS
1/19/2007, 12:09 PM
I live in NW OKC and my wife and I have made it to all but one home game this year. Unless the weather is just brutal on Saturday, we'll be there again. There is NO excuse for the students not to show up in droves on Saturday. I was going to shcool in Norman not TOO long ago (graduated in 2001), and I know there isn't anything to do on a Jan. Saturday afternoon, especially when the tickets are FREE. No excuse this week.

Ruuuuuufus
1/19/2007, 12:23 PM
at least we didn't need to give away tickets to our bowl game :o

birddog
1/19/2007, 12:57 PM
heh, when we get to the point where we have to give away f'ball tickets, then we'll be in pant-load of trouble.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2007, 02:22 PM
at least we didn't need to give away tickets to our bowl game :o

Beat me to it. First thing I thought of.

boomersooner24
1/19/2007, 05:29 PM
Jeez, I dont know why so few people show up....Im 17 years old and I've been using my aunts extra season ticket since I was 7 and over that period of 10 years I've missed probably 6 or 7 home games max....Only times I ever missed was due to extreme sickness or my aunt not being able to go (when I was younger of course since I can drive now)

I guess Im just extremely dedicated to my Sooners

birddog
1/19/2007, 05:51 PM
Jeez, I dont know why so few people show up....Im 17 years old and I've been using my aunts extra season ticket since I was 7 and over that period of 10 years I've missed probably 6 or 7 home games max....Only times I ever missed was due to extreme sickness or my aunt not being able to go (when I was younger of course since I can drive now)

I guess Im just extremely dedicated to my Sooners

nice work. now gather up all your friends and head down there manana.

i'm sure you can get tickets for $ 1.50 and sit pretty much in any seat you want.

OSUAggie
1/19/2007, 06:05 PM
Does "manana" mean mañana if the n isn't more like ñ?

birddog
1/19/2007, 06:34 PM
well, you figured it out, didn't you?

GottaHavePride
1/19/2007, 07:10 PM
mah-na mah-na? (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5694538330599665511)

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2007, 07:14 PM
Do doo do do do!

elderlysooner
1/20/2007, 01:24 AM
When I was a student, late 50's, I never missed a home game. Once I even stood in a doorway and watched a Sooner swim meet on one side of the wall and an Ou-OSU wrestling match on the other.

TopDawg
1/20/2007, 01:45 AM
I think this has less to do with the students and more to do with the rest of the crowd. The athletic department is probably thinking that if the weather is as bad as they say, they might not have anybody from outside Norman attend. I think they probably would've done something similar under these circumstances any other year.

poke4christ
1/20/2007, 03:17 AM
I think this has less to do with the students and more to do with the rest of the crowd. The athletic department is probably thinking that if the weather is as bad as they say, they might not have anybody from outside Norman attend. I think they probably would've done something similar under these circumstances any other year.

Right now it's a problem with everybody. I don't know if it's football, the teams difficulties, or what, but there really should be more spirit. I'd actually really like for OU to make a new arena, because that might get spirits going again. IMHO, they should just completely redo LNC. They may have to play at the ford center for a year, but I think it would be worth it. It's not a bad location, and it would be hard to get closer to campus. Plus, this way they could keep the new facilities that they built on recently. LNC isn't bad, but it could really use a face lift. Rip out all the seats, redo the angle (steeper), and make it closer to the court. Screw concerts and really go all out to make it a Basketball arena. As OSU is starting to learn in Football, the sport will become big time when you start acting big time. OSU wouldn't lose a coach to Indiana and neither should OU. They are too good for that.

Zach

OSUAggie
1/20/2007, 09:34 AM
uhhhh.... We could very easily lose a coach to Indiana if our coach wasn't an alum. Indiana is part of the top tier of basketball programs, along with UCLA, Kentucky, Carolina, Puke (****ing bitches) and Kansass. We're in the next level. If we win a championship sometime soon, then we'll rejoin the top level. But I don't see that happening with this group.

Anyway, I, too, hope OU returns to basketball decency. I hate trying to talk to OU fans about basketball and they start talking about stunning layups and perfectly executed elbow jumpers and the like. It's sad to hear so much women's hoops' talk coming from the mouth of a non-lesbian.

Sooner24
1/20/2007, 11:44 AM
I live in NW OKC and my wife and I have made it to all but one home game this year. Unless the weather is just brutal on Saturday, we'll be there again. There is NO excuse for the students not to show up in droves on Saturday. I was going to shcool in Norman not TOO long ago (graduated in 2001), and I know there isn't anything to do on a Jan. Saturday afternoon, especially when the tickets are FREE. No excuse this week.

I take it spelling was a weak point. ;)

boomersooner24
1/20/2007, 11:47 AM
Anyway, I, too, hope OU returns to basketball decency..

We're having a rebuilding year, crap. Hmmm...I seem to remember beating OSU twice last year in bball..anyone eles remember that?...oh yeah..and what was OSU's conference record last year..5-11? 6-10?..It was one of those two..yall went through a rebuilding year last year and we're going through one right now...so **** off

OUstud
1/20/2007, 01:45 PM
Look on the brightside, win today= above .500 in conference!

OUSKINS
1/20/2007, 01:53 PM
Sooner24-- Dang, nice catch!

Sooner24
1/20/2007, 11:33 PM
Sooner24-- Dang, nice catch!

Speeling was knot won of my stronge subgects two. ;)

birddog
1/21/2007, 01:35 AM
so, anyone know the attendance from today's spanking?

okienole3
1/21/2007, 01:47 AM
uhhhh.... We could very easily lose a coach to Indiana if our coach wasn't an alum. Indiana is part of the top tier of basketball programs, along with UCLA, Kentucky, Carolina, Puke (****ing bitches) and Kansass. We're in the next level. If we win a championship sometime soon, then we'll rejoin the top level. But I don't see that happening with this group.

Anyway, I, too, hope OU returns to basketball decency. I hate trying to talk to OU fans about basketball and they start talking about stunning layups and perfectly executed elbow jumpers and the like. It's sad to hear so much women's hoops' talk coming from the mouth of a non-lesbian.

Who the **** do you think you are?

birddog
1/21/2007, 02:58 AM
http://newsok.com/sports/ou

capel rules.

kevpks
1/22/2007, 02:17 AM
Who the **** do you think you are?

He is just an Aggie showing his true colors.

Does stereotyping women's basketball fans as lesbians cross the line on this board? I for one don't want to read that crap...especially from an Aggie.

soonerboomer93
1/22/2007, 05:55 AM
I have no problem admitting that I'm a lesbian

OUSKINS
1/22/2007, 08:05 AM
Dude, I can't STAND women's hoops. I mean, not for a minute. But you gotta have a little more tact than that. My goodness.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/22/2007, 09:32 AM
The fun part about aggies is when you mention how strong our women's athletics are from volleyball, softball, basketball, and gymnastics, they go "oh yeah but they don't count" Then 5 minutes later they are talking about golf and wrestling like they somehow count more than those women's sports.