PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a King of Queens fan?

8timechamps
1/19/2007, 01:49 AM
Picked up season 7 today, one of the better seasons, but I am afraid the series may be starting downhill.

I read where the idea of the series was inspired by The Honeymooners. I only saw a few episodes of The Honeymooners, but I think Kevin James' acting is a lot like Jackie Gleason. Kevin James is a great comedic actor, but doesn't do much outside of the series (I think the biggest movie role he's had was in Hitch). He is close friends with Ray Romano and I saw where they played together in a celeb golf tourny (it was a doc on HBO), the two of those guys were killin' me.

tbl
1/19/2007, 03:04 AM
I never gave it a chance, but I've been watching it on TBS and it's pretty stinking funny. That and Raymond. Never watched either of them but they're quality shows.

Newbomb Turk
1/19/2007, 07:33 AM
I never gave it a chance, but I've been watching it on TBS and it's pretty stinking funny. That and Raymond. Never watched either of them but they're quality shows.

ditto.

I really like King of Queens now. They had an episode where Doug had a dream and the setting was the Honeymooners. Doug played Jackie Gleason and was perfect.

reevie
1/19/2007, 07:38 AM
Count me as another fan

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 07:38 AM
if i had a nickel for everytime somebody said i was Kevin James twin, i'd have a sock full of nickels

yes, love the show

colleyvillesooner
1/19/2007, 08:37 AM
Watch it every day when I get home from work to rewind.

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2007, 08:57 AM
King of Queens not so much, but Everybody Loves Raymond yes.

How about Reba. Do you guys watch Reba too?

I'm comfortable enough to admit that I do. :D

Boomer.....
1/19/2007, 09:42 AM
I love King of Queens. It's on all the time in Tulsa.

fadada1
1/19/2007, 10:01 AM
king of queens - yes

i still have never made it through an entire episode of raymond - i just don't understand the love affair with ray romano. i have never even snickered a little at anything.

oh well, to each his own.

birddog
1/19/2007, 11:59 AM
i think it's great. the syndicated episodes are classic, really entertaining shows even after the 4th time.

the new episodes, well, you can see a drop off in laughs. seems like kj isn't as funny in the newer episodes.

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 12:01 PM
i think i heard that this season is the last for king of queens

Newbomb Turk
1/19/2007, 12:04 PM
i still have never made it through an entire episode of raymond - i just don't understand the love affair with ray romano. i have never even snickered a little at anything.

oh well, to each his own.

he doesn't do that much for me either. But the whole show and some of the other characters are pretty funny.

birddog
1/19/2007, 12:14 PM
hehe.

http://www.leahremini.net/

8timechamps
1/20/2007, 07:40 PM
I've seen a few documentaries following Kevin James, and he seems an awful lot like his Doug character. Maybe that's what makes it funny.

Also, if Jerry Stiller weren't in the show, it wouldn't be anywhere near as funny.

Rogue
1/21/2007, 07:44 AM
I'm a fan. The characters are pretty believable. Casting made this show, writing is killing it.