PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Impact?

Collier11
1/19/2007, 01:42 AM
1.Which Ou player that didnt contribute significantly will make a huge impact next year? I say Gresham, I know he played alot but other than the big 12 catch and the catch in the fiesta, he didnt make many headlines. I see him having a huge year. I thought about Mccoy but he is a freshman Dt and I dont know if he will be huge just yet and I thought about Tennell or Murray but we are so loaded at both positions that I dont see either of them standing out
2. Which OU player will break out and become a star? I have no doubt in my mind that Nic Harris is on the verge of stardom, I just see something about him. He is a playmaker all over the field...I see huge things for him

8timechamps
1/19/2007, 01:59 AM
1. Man, that's a tough one. My choice on offense would be Iglesias. I think he's going to be our version of Ohio State's Gonzales. The more attention Kelly gets, the more Juaq can produce.

2. The flip side to the above choice is Kelly. Write it down: He has Heisman potential. Take a look at the 22 WR ahead of Kelly in YPG last year, so many of those guys are either graduating or coming out early. He may be the next superstar out of OU. The only risk is that so much depends on the QB play.

soonerspudman
1/19/2007, 11:31 AM
Going out on a limb but I think Chris Brown will breakout next year and be to the team what AP was this year. He's an impressive runner and will have another year of development under his belt, AP will be the workhorse, but CB will provide important, even memorable contributions during the year, setting himself up as the starter for his Junior year and a run at OU greatness.

Remember we're breaking in a new QB next year, by default don't look for the passing game (receivers) to carry the day, it will be the running game again.

swardboy
1/19/2007, 12:23 PM
Going out on a limb but I think Chris Brown will breakout next year and be to the team what AP was this year. He's an impressive runner and will have another year of development under his belt, AP will be the workhorse, but CB will provide important, even memorable contributions during the year, setting himself up as the starter for his Junior year and a run at OU greatness.

Remember we're breaking in a new QB next year, by default don't look for the passing game (receivers) to carry the day, it will be the running game again.

I tend to agree about Chris Brown. I even think Wilson showed flashes of brilliance in the way they were used as a one-two punch at times. It's hard for me to imagine more than two backs getting much playing time based on past trends.

landrun
1/19/2007, 12:40 PM
I hope its McCoy.
I'm looking forward to seeing McCoy and Granger play side by side.
What ya gonna double up on !??? :)

birddog
1/19/2007, 12:56 PM
I tend to agree about Chris Brown. I even think Wilson showed flashes of brilliance in the way they were used as a one-two punch at times. It's hard for me to imagine more than two backs getting much playing time based on past trends.

are you talking about kevin wilson?

soonerboy_odanorth
1/19/2007, 01:21 PM
1. Ryan Reynolds- every report I read about him before the injury was that he had that instinct and anticipation it takes to be a great playmaker on the d-side.

2. Alan Patrick- With the help of what is now a solidified and possibly very good offensive line I think he'll be a darkhorse Heisman candidate. In his 5 starts, including the dismal Nebraska outing, he still averaged 127 per contest. Projected over 12 games that's 1500 yards. Remove the Nebraska start and his four regular season starts he averaged 150. If he can do that then he's in the "get invited to NY" 1800 yard range.

Crimsontothecore
1/19/2007, 02:43 PM
1. Ryan Reynolds- every report I read about him before the injury was that he had that instinct and anticipation it takes to be a great playmaker on the d-side.

2. Alan Patrick- With the help of what is now a solidified and possibly very good offensive line I think he'll be a darkhorse Heisman candidate. In his 5 starts, including the dismal Nebraska outing, he still averaged 127 per contest. Projected over 12 games that's 1500 yards. Remove the Nebraska start and his four regular season starts he averaged 150. If he can do that then he's in the "get invited to NY" 1800 yard range.
While I agree that Patrick has Heisman potential, I think the coaches learned their lesson about feeding one guy the ball too much. With Murray, Madu and Brown on the roster, I think Patrick will share duties. This year simply proved that you can't have a one-RB team and be as effective.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2007, 04:06 PM
1. Gresham, without a doubt. We run the double and (gulp) triple Tight formations, so he will be on the field. He has great hands, he's a big target (which is good for a young QB), he's fast for his size, and he could be very special as the safety valve (read Big XII CCG).

2. I see Allen Patrick having a monster year. We will run three to four RBs. I think KW showed that he wants to keep fresh legs in there. When AP is fresh, he is a break away back. I could see him with 7 or more ypc, lots of TDs, and big showcase games against Miami and Texas, which could be huge in terms of the Heisman or AA vote.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2007, 04:27 PM
1.Which Ou player that didnt contribute significantly will make a huge impact next year? I say Gresham, I know he played alot but other than the big 12 catch and the catch in the fiesta, he didnt make many headlines. I see him having a huge year. I thought about Mccoy but he is a freshman Dt and I dont know if he will be huge just yet and I thought about Tennell or Murray but we are so loaded at both positions that I dont see either of them standing out
2. Which OU player will break out and become a star? I have no doubt in my mind that Nic Harris is on the verge of stardom, I just see something about him. He is a playmaker all over the field...I see huge things for him

1. Because of position and the # of tackles he is likely to make I'd say Reed will probably be the guy that will get the most attention but my gut tells me that McCoy will make the biggest impact drawing some double-teams and freeing up other guys to make plays.

2. I'd be inclined to say Kelly but I sort of think he is there right now. If you are asking which regular might take the biggest step forward I'd probably be inclined to agree with Harris. O-Linemen don't generally get much attention unless they are either Anthony Munoz or are matadors but I think Trent Williams could wind up an AA. I think he could wind up being a future 1st rounder like Jammal Brown.

starrca23
1/19/2007, 04:38 PM
This guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

OU Adonis
1/19/2007, 04:40 PM
XLK on a buffet line?

starrca23
1/19/2007, 04:52 PM
Adonis Wins!!!!

TopDawg
1/19/2007, 06:15 PM
This guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

I'm only one minute into it and I'm about to shed a tear.

starrca23
1/19/2007, 06:33 PM
I know right! due to the success of AP and CB, D. Murray is kind of the forgotten man.

Collier11
1/19/2007, 06:36 PM
I dont know how Murray avoids some of those tacklers...yes it is HS but he is still amazing. Does he remind anyone else of a bigger Q?? Hopefully he can run through tackles a little better but he seems to have the same shiftiness that Q had!

starrca23
1/19/2007, 06:38 PM
I think he has way more straight ahead speed then super Q. I would like to see him used the way the Eagles use Brian Westbrook.

Collier11
1/19/2007, 06:39 PM
Someone I just thought of who should be a stud if healthy next year is D. Williams. I forget that he has another year left, that guy played good when he wasnt hurt

OK2LA
1/19/2007, 06:43 PM
I hope its McCoy.
I'm looking forward to seeing McCoy and Granger play side by side.
What ya gonna double up on !??? :)

I oughta negg the hell outa ya just for bringin' that mutherf'in :texan: into the argument!

Who in teh hell do you think you are anyway?!?

Friggin Troll!

starrca23
1/19/2007, 06:46 PM
Good point Collier, what if all of these guys decided to step it up!?!?!?

goingoneight
1/20/2007, 01:40 AM
1. Guy who didn't get a fair shot to be a star in 2006? Probably Juaqin Igleisas. I mean, Malcom Kelly is awesome, no dispute, but Malcom Kelly is a one-on-one guy. He muscles corners and safeties for the ball and has great hand-eye coordination. Juaqin Iglesias always finds a seam and is always standing wide-freaking open. And has anyone else noticed that kid has some very similar characteristics to Mark Clayton? Great hands out in front, follows blocks well, great moves and YAC...

2. Impact player for 2007: I really feel it's going to be whoever is under center. They're going to have a ton of time and potential first team All-American WRs to throw to, quite possibly the richest running back stable in the country, and great TE's and FB's who are eligible receivers as well. As long as they don't shat themselves in the pocket like Bhromar did and can avoid a little pressure from time to time, QB is a position any young man in the US should be proud to play at OU. Young, huge OL, veteran WR's, seasoned RBs, First and second-team All BIG 12 TE's on the same field at once...
If it isn't the QB, then it will be someone who has flat out, one AMAZING YEAR. Like AD 2004, Jason White 2003... you know, major surprise.

WASOONERFAN
1/21/2007, 05:22 PM
I like Gresham and Kelly to really step up their games next year. Malcom has star potential. My question is about leadership. With PT leaving, who do you see stepping up and leading on offense next year?

proudsoonergal
1/21/2007, 06:32 PM
Biggest impact? QB ____________ (whoever ends up getting the start)

Collier11
1/21/2007, 07:32 PM
way to step out on a limb there soonergal and let us know that our qb will have a big impact... ;)

proudsoonergal
1/23/2007, 12:15 AM
I'll go even further......if we score more points than our opponent, we will win ALMOST every time (the only exception is if we have Pac-10 refs). :D

setem
1/23/2007, 12:25 AM
1. I am going to say the Gresh and that leads me to #2.

2. Kieth Nichol, Joey Halzley or Sam Bradford. I hope one of them comes out and gives a mind blowing performance! I hope it is Kieth Nichol...He seems like a cool cat!

If not one of them... Rescue Granger will do the job.

Collier11
1/23/2007, 12:41 AM
Rescue Granger will do the job.
How long did you think about that one??? ;)

setem
1/23/2007, 12:59 AM
How long did you think about that one??? ;)

Not long at all really. Rescue Rangers were awesome back in the good day!:D

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 01:05 AM
What about the REAL MCCOY!?!

Collier11
1/23/2007, 02:09 AM
You guys!!! And yes, rescue rangers was the ballz

setem
1/23/2007, 02:17 AM
You guys!!! And yes, rescue rangers was the ballz

Where do you come from? I thought my friend Ross was the only guy who called stuff the Ballz...:confused:

Collier11
1/23/2007, 02:24 AM
Im for good ol' Okleyhoma, I heard it on a movie I think