PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things I've seen during "Ice Storm 2007"

SOONER44EVER
1/19/2007, 12:43 AM
1. A guy pulling kids on a sled with a pickup right down the middle of N. Independence.

2. A guy riding an old time 10-speed (the one with really skinny tires) down N. Independence.

3. A guy trying to push his Mercedes while the car was in drive with no driver inside.

4. A guy in a new Harley pickup doing fishtails (on purpose) sliding sideways and hitting a mailbox.

5. A guy at 7-11 crawling over the hood, roof and toolbox of his truck then crawling inside all in order to keep from getting his feet wet. Nice dents on your Ranger dude. Surely he didn't get out of the truck that way?

6. My Dad's neighbor actually shovelling all the way across the street so he could get in his driveway. Now there are 2 giant speed bumps across the street.

Feel free to add stupid things you've seen. :D

tommieharris91
1/19/2007, 01:08 AM
5. A guy at 7-11 crawling over the hood, roof and toolbox of his truck then crawling inside all in order to keep from getting his feet wet. Nice dents on your Ranger dude. Surely he didn't get out of the truck that way?

Sure this was a man?

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 01:17 AM
dude, the Dukes like to enter their vehicles that way

Sooner_Havok
1/19/2007, 01:19 AM
7. That some schools in areas that are okay now are still going to close tomorrow.

tommieharris91
1/19/2007, 01:25 AM
dude, the Dukes like to enter their vehicles that way
They never worried about getting their feet wet...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/19/2007, 07:57 AM
7. That some schools in areas that are okay now are still going to close tomorrow.They're closing because of the kids who live in rural areas.

sooner_born_1960
1/19/2007, 08:07 AM
They're closing because of the kids who live in rural areas.
I my area, They are closed because the kids don't live on 104th, or 119th, or Penn, or Western. The buses simply cannot negotiate the streets in the neighborhoods. Ice, curb to curb.

MamaMia
1/19/2007, 08:39 AM
Businesses, belonging to lazy and insensitive owners, with uncleared ice on their handicapped ramps and rails.

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2007, 08:45 AM
Let's see . . . I saw what had to be an OSU student in a BMW cut across traffic so she could eat at Wendy's almost getting stuck and causing a fairly big pile up.

Then I saw this dude in an older Lincoln come speeding out of an apartment complex crossing two lanes of traffic and a middle turn lane so he wouldn't get stuck I assume.

The other day while I was leaving work I pulled up to a stop sign and looked to my left and all I saw was this red Chevy pickup sliding right for me. Luckily they got some traction and missed me.

Oh, I did see this one dude running south in the middle of Perkins road in front of Atwoods. I guess he was literally out for a Sunday afternoon jog.

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2007, 08:47 AM
Businesses, belonging to lazy and insensitive owners, with uncleared ice on their handicapped ramps and rails.

Ain't that the truth. It seems that nobody up this way (except maybe Wal-Mart) has bothered to clear them and I've seen several college-aged folks actually parking in them.

picasso
1/19/2007, 09:31 AM
I had to whizz on my car to thaw out the windshield wipers.

neighbor looked at me and I said "$hi&&er was full!"

sooneron
1/19/2007, 09:43 AM
That will get you a 530 buckaroo fine in parts of NJ.

Dio
1/19/2007, 11:00 AM
Friday night when the Icy Death was coming down, I saw a Volvo with Texas plates straddling 2 lanes on I-35, driving with his hazard lights on.

You're not that special, Lid.

;)

ultimatesooner1
1/19/2007, 12:00 PM
saw a chick on Saturday running in shorts when the wind was blowing like 20mph and it was like 15 degrees

blueyedsooner
1/19/2007, 12:19 PM
1. Me pulling my cart uphill in the Walmart parking lot and not going anywhere.

2. A man helping me pick up my cart and carry it to my truck!

3. Me stuck in the house for the last 7 days and no hope of getting out soon!

TopDaugIn2000
1/19/2007, 12:30 PM
the sneezing, coughting, snorthing college guy at the doctor wearing flip flops

my coworker saw a guy total his new corvette this morning while trying to race on the onramp to I240.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/19/2007, 01:02 PM
I was being tailgated by a dude on Western the other day. He ended up weaving in and out of lanes of traffic so he could hurry and pull into a shopping center. His little Nissan pickup got stuck in the driveway.

Petro-Sooner
1/19/2007, 02:30 PM
Monday saw a couple cars on the road in which the driver didnt think it mattered to clear off the back window. Totally covered in ice.

SOONER44EVER
1/20/2007, 02:04 AM
Ain't that the truth. It seems that nobody up this way (except maybe Wal-Mart) has bothered to clear them and I've seen several college-aged folks actually parking in them.
The Wal-Mart at Belle Isle sure didn't clear their parking lot. I guess they just aren't making enough money for such trivial things.

Flagstaffsooner
1/20/2007, 03:19 AM
Silly, silly, Okies. Welcome to my world.;) :D

You should try driving on the slick stuff with steep grades added to the mix.

BoogercountySooner
1/20/2007, 07:07 AM
Silly, silly, Okies. Welcome to my world.;) :D

You should try driving on the slick stuff with steep grades added to the mix.

Ding ding ding we have a winner! I drive 36 miles to work on some very steep and curvy roads.

StormySooner-IN
1/20/2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/ind/Dec8SnowstormGridlock2.bmp

(1i)THOUSANDS OF ANGRY 5-O-CLOCK FRIDAY RUSH-HOUR DRIVERS TRYING TO GO HOME IN THEIR NORMAL 20 MINUTES FROM DOWNTOWN INDY TO THE SUBURBS AFTER 1/2 INCH OF ICE AND 13 INCHES OF SNOW:mad::rolleyes:(dec 8, 2005)

Good thing we'll be getting 4 for the big game this weekend.:eek:;)

BajaOklahoma
1/20/2007, 08:51 AM
saw a chick on Saturday running in shorts when the wind was blowing like 20mph and it was like 15 degrees

That's just normal January soccer weather.
And only little kids are allowed to wear leggings during a game.

StoopTroup
1/20/2007, 09:32 AM
1. Me pulling my cart uphill in the Walmart parking lot and not going anywhere.

2. A man helping me pick up my cart and carry it to my truck!

3. Me stuck in the house for the last 7 days and no hope of getting out soon!
Coach Blankenship?

Is that you? ;)

:pop:

85Sooner
1/20/2007, 11:56 AM
That the US poStal service was not running when UPS and FED EX were.
Didn't hear a thing about it on the news either. I am sure we would have if it had been on the 3rd of the month when the gov checks are due to arrive.

boomersooner28
1/20/2007, 05:37 PM
I saw 4 young males running around in short sleeve shirts, shorts and no shoes or socks.