PDA

View Full Version : anyone else getting these 'triblalfusion fusion' backdoor PUs from soonerfans?

aurorasooner
1/18/2007, 08:35 PM
just wanted to know if they're from soonerfans or if I've got some malware hiding somewhere. I've got it blocked now and have never seen it before from this site.

Oldnslo
1/18/2007, 08:39 PM
nothing here.

Jello Biafra
1/18/2007, 08:40 PM
every friggin day. no matter how hard i try, i can't get my anti virus to pick up the web site.

AlbqSooner
1/18/2007, 08:51 PM
I get them. I gave up trying to get them out.

GottaHavePride
1/18/2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, they're ads. If you're a sponsor you can set it to turn off the ads, and if you have the browser remember your login you won't get them.

That or on Firefox you can set adblock to block anythying coming from tribalfusion.

OK2LA
1/18/2007, 08:58 PM
I occasionally get something else that "pops-up", but just use the otc creme, and it usually goes away.

101sooner
1/18/2007, 09:07 PM
every friggin day. no matter how hard i try, i can't get my anti virus to pick up the web site.

Anti-virus programs won't pick up addware, spyware, malware etc.

Check out Spybot, Adware, Windows Defender etc.

I think Tribalfusion used to offer an opt-out cookie. I don't know if they still do or not. It worked as long as I didn't clean my cookies. Personally, I'm not interested in allowing Tribalfusion to install a cookie on my PC to keep them out of my machine.

Anyway, no pop-ups on my machine.

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/18/2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, they're ads. If you're a sponsor you can set it to turn off the ads, and if you have the browser remember your login you won't get them.

That or on Firefox you can set adblock to block anythying coming from tribalfusion.

For the firefox users "adblock" is an add-on. Its not just the popup blocker...

101sooner
1/18/2007, 09:27 PM
Double post.

Texas sucks.

starrca23
1/18/2007, 10:06 PM
I couldn't get rid of them either, but my work gave me a new laptop and it has the all powerful google pop-up blocker, and poof, they are gone!

OU Adonis
1/19/2007, 06:41 AM
A.S said backdoor.. hehehe

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/19/2007, 07:52 AM
I love the banner ad for Trump University personally. "To earn more learn more":texan:

aurorasooner
1/19/2007, 11:46 AM
A.S said backdoor probably should've said "pop-under" instead of backdoor. in any event, pop-up (or pop-under) advertising is lame. I wouldn't ever buy any service I saw on pop-up/under advertising, and even if it was a "can't miss deal" I would still search for an alternative before promoting this type of weak advertising. if it was such a great deal (or service) in the 1st place, they wouldn't have to resort to pop-ups to put the product in front of potential buyers.

landrun
1/19/2007, 12:37 PM
Just downloaded the Firefox adblock. It is awesome. Gets rid of all the pop up ads. I like! :D

RedstickSooner
1/19/2007, 01:08 PM
Just downloaded the Firefox adblock. It is awesome. Gets rid of all the pop up ads. I like! :D

Yeah, adblock rocks. It's reason enough to use Firefox by itself.

Jello Biafra
1/19/2007, 07:26 PM

mine does :)

for some reason, everything but tribal fusion........

tbl
1/19/2007, 10:53 PM
Just downloaded adblock, but I've been getting the popups here ever since I started posting. I'm glad I'll finally be rid of them.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 11:58 PM
there's popups on this site?

aurorasooner
1/20/2007, 04:17 PM
they're flash PUs. if you're using IE then download flash switch and you can toggle flash off when you visit this site. http://www.flashswitch.com/ I haven't been able to block flash yet from firefox yet, so I'm only going to come over here on IE and I'm taking SF out of my firefox tabs until I get a flash blocker for firefox.

Soonerus
1/20/2007, 04:24 PM
tribalfusion ??? What's that ?????

Rogue
1/20/2007, 11:13 PM

Check out Spybot, Adware, Windows Defender etc. ...
Anyway, no pop-ups on my machine.

I love spybot and Ad-aware SE.
But I still get the triballsusion popup most of the time.

soonerboomer93
1/21/2007, 08:38 AM
you could always block tribalfussion at the firewall

but of course, I didn't even realize the site still had adds

ruf/nekdad
1/21/2007, 02:20 PM
tribalfusion...bad
adblock....good
thanks

SleestakSooner
1/21/2007, 03:32 PM
Strange thing, I don't recall evar seeing an ad on SF.com besides the banner at the top from my home PC. But I just logged on from the library computer while doing some volunteer work here and it is showing all kinds of ads and pop ups trying to come up here.

Don't know exactly what I did to keep them from showing up on my home PC but I do use AdAware from LavaSoft. I also use the IE pop-up blocker and it seems to keep 99% of them at bay. ESPN is one of the few sites I look at that still manages to get pop-ups through on my machine but I believe that is because they are using Java script or Flash to create the ads.

aurorasooner
1/22/2007, 12:19 PM
I just configured adblock and it's blocking them. firefox flashblock works too, but it's interface sucks in that you still get the ad but with a "play button" in the middle of a blank screen of every flash ad so you can turn on the flash if you want to view flash. flash block isn't as easy to use as the flash switch add-on for IE, with a flash off/on toggle button directly in the toolbar. adblock---http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif btw, if you're surfing from a "limited user" account, I had to make that account a temporary administrator account, then download adblock/flashblock directly into that account's firefox browser, then return that account to the "limited user" account. when I downloaded adblock (or flash switch) directly into an administrator's account it wouldn't show up in the firefox browser add-ons of the limited user account.

MyT Oklahoma
1/23/2007, 01:54 PM
Double post.

Texas sucks.

You are a very wise man.

P.S. Yes I get the darn things too. Grrrrrrrr........